Can I Ask For Some Prayers For My Furbaby?

esky

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I would share a picture of my babies.....photo was taken when they were waiting on some chicken for their dinner. I hand feed them their chicken so they all get equal share. Penny is top left of the photo with my three other ill oldies next along to the right. We call it the "sacred circle" :)

7466008724_ba1622174f1.jpg

Oh how gorgeous! And how well behaved and patient they are!

They are so lucky to have you, they are so obviously loved :grouphug:

In case it isn't known by some, all of my babies are rescues & a few are here with me now thanks only to the kindness of some wonderful, compassionate DOLers! Peibe, Lillypilly, Gillbear, Ruralpug, Sir WJ, Teebs & PAWS have all played a part in my happiness these little pekes have brought me!

Penny was "discarded" when the family had a new baby & she was living in an exposed courtyard with barely any contact. They would not allow her inside at all. She was 6 yrs old when they said they had no time for her :(

Just heard from vets.......they have done some x-rays & other tests & looks like it is definitely congestive heart failure :cry:

The vet said she still has a lot of fluid around her heart & lungs but it has lessened. When she first went in they couldn't hear her heart for the fluid but now can & can definitely hear the murmur. They will do an ultrasound later tonight but have started her on vetmedin. She has had massive doses of frusemide to try & clear the fluid.

The vet said that Penny is resting at the moment & is clearly exhausted but says she is heading in the right direction as far as improvement.

I asked if i could see her but it is a hard decision whether to disturb her - I know I would love to see her but I don't want to stress her either???

They will call me through the night if there is any problem as I requested (I am only 5 minutes away) otherwise I am to ring at 7am to see if she needs to stay or be transferred back to my regular vet for more observation (the emergency vets here close during normal vet hours).

Thank you for your thoughts & support - I already feel less alone :thanks:

What gorgeous photos. You should be very proud of yourself, those dogs are stunning and to think people have chosen to not have time for them. Shame on them.

All the very best for you Penny girl and Whippity hugs from us

Hi Lillypilly,

Penny is here because of you remember! She loved her time with you & NSW Animal Rescue before she could come here. I think she spent a few weeks with you whilst she was desexed & health checked & she was so well looked after. When I worried if it would be fair to bring her here with other dogs or go to a home where she was the only dog you reassured me to try & the rest is history!

Would you believe that was already 4 & 1/2 years ago :eek:

Esky - those photos are inspiring - you obviously devote so much time to your dogs and have created a home where they are truly loved. To take dogs from so many different circumstances and turn them into a "pack" where there is love, respect and enjoyment is something wonderful - it is, indeed, a sacred circle!!!!!!

Glad to hear some positive news for Penny.

Edited by frufru

Esky - those photos are inspiring - you obviously devote so much time to your dogs and have created a home where they are truly loved. To take dogs from so many different circumstances and turn them into a "pack" where there is love, respect and enjoyment is something wonderful - it is, indeed, a sacred circle!!!!!!

Glad to hear some positive news for Penny.

I agree. What you do for these oldies is just amazing Esky. Good on you. Please know both you and Penny are in my thoughts and that I am keeping everything crossed for you's. :crossfingers:

We had a couple of peke boys growing up and they are such sweet little dogs. :heart:

Huge hugs and here's hoping for some good news tommorow. :pray::crossfingers: