Possible Lymphoma ?

My Bullmastiff girl is 4.5 years old presented today with all lymph nodes swollen big and hard. She has not shown any signs of being unwell and her temp is a normal 38. I did notice she had been peeing more today (I was at a dog show, so was easily noticeable)but put it down to her being due in season any day now. Bullmastiffs are very prone to cancer, her son from her first litter had to be put to sleep due to it at 16 months but he was the first of "mine" to present with it. SO Im very very worried right now. After doing some research I read that the peeing frequently can be a symptom too. All signs are pointing to it, Im freaking out. Its hard not to when the odds are stacked against you. I keep saying "dont get a head of yourself" "think positive" but I just cant, Im convinced already. I cant help but think if she had an infection there would be more signs, a higher temp, lethargy etc . Ill be off to the vets first thing tomorrow. Can everyone please send positive vibes for my girl, I really need them right now, I am so scared. :cry:

Edited by Kaffy Magee

I was in your situation a few weeks ago and I was lucky it was negative although the vet thought that the results would be posistive. Bad reaction to flea meds so I am sending you lots of positive thoughts for you and your girl.

Thanks guys but I'm devastated to say it's been confirmed :( I will speak to the oncologist today and discuss options. Without treatment she has 4-6 weeks left, you would never know she is as happy and active as ever. I just can't believe it.

:(:cry: So very sorry to hear this - but how good that she is happy and active - our one comfort in this sort of situation is that our dogs don't know how sick they are. Sending strong thoughts for you and your girl.

Thanks guys but I'm devastated to say it's been confirmed :( I will speak to the oncologist today and discuss options. Without treatment she has 4-6 weeks left, you would never know she is as happy and active as ever. I just can't believe it.

I am so sorry Kaffy.

When I noticed that Alex's lymph nodes we up I went into denial. It cant be, not Alex. But the vet gave him 3 weeks from when we saw him. I opted not to treat. We put him to sleep just before the three weeks were up. Alex told me it was time.

I was told by a very dear friend of ours with Bullmastiffs that at this stage they are in no pain. Maybe a little later as the nodes expand more and more and swallowing and eating becomes hard.

And then we lost Morgan early this year.

I know it is a hard decision as to whether you treat or not and I wish you the best of luck if you do.

Thinking of you :cry: :cry: :cry: