Why Is This Dog Laughing?

Rove came to us in March of 2011, and it took him nearly a year and a half to find his forever home. He's now the guardian and best friend for three severely disabled children, who love him very much. His new owner tells me that he keeps all of the kids under his eye and will make sure that wherever they are in the garden he places himself so he can see all of them. One of the children had been having seizures, but since Rove arrived in the family he hasn't had any at all. Maybe that's coincidence, who can tell, but I like to think it's Rove's gentle spirit helping his children stay safe.

post-1835-0-12046300-1344244423_thumb.jpg

My sister had a little staffy and a baby just at walking age.. I watched one day as baby was trying to walk up the back stairs ( highest house) this dog kept putting himself between the stairs and baby.. I was amazed as the baby kept trying.. Beautiful'to'watch..

I have tears in my eyes - tears of gratitude that you didn't give up on Rove. He had no life before you gave him a chance - spending his days tethered in a dirt patch. I can't thank you enough for your patience and persistence with him. It sounds like a perfect match for this gentle giant of a dog. Well done. Be happy Rove!!! :thumbsup: