Blackdogs

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awww kg, cuddles :)

I have three dogs and me in/on my queen bed. Over winter they all seem to want to be touching me so I usually end up with Saxon (5kgs) on one side of my legs, Riley (7kgs) on the other side of my legs and Quinn (22kgs) stretched along the other side of the bed with her back up against me. So I can't move from my one position on one edge of the mattress!!

Now it's getting warmer I'm getting too hot so I sometimes manouver right to the edge so I can stick my feet out from the doona. I'm hoping in summer they'll move away from me of their own accord otherwise I may have to kick them out.

As for special cuddles, which I don't often have, I would have to kick them out of the room as no doubt they would be jumping all over the bed trying to join in on the weird 'game' :o

My German shepherd use to kick me out of my single bed or I would wake up with dead legs. Then I got my brothers cat who would always sleep around my head till one morning I woke up and I thought I was blind!! U was about to scream out to my mum then I realized I had a cat sleeping across my eyes.

If I had it my way zorro would be in my room at night and the OH wants him outside so we came to a decision to leave him in the laundry which is his room.

Carl sleeps with me every night on a king single, but he's only 11kgs so he doesn't take up too much room. He sleeps on the spare pillow that I don't use, stretched out on his back with all four legs in the air. :D If my mum is away, Jag (7kgs) comes in as well and he generally sleeps on my left, kind of in the curve of my legs (I sleep on my side). Mischa (3kgs) refuses to have anything to do with the bed anymore, probably because I squashed her one too many times :o The cat occasionally sneaks on as well, but he sleeps at the foot of the bed.

We have a king size bed and in it sleep; me, my husband, our german shepherd, our cattle dog x, our chihuahua, our pomeranian and at least one cat (two other cats may or may not end up in bed, depends upon the night-time temperature).

Our four young dogs sleep in their own room off our room. It has a gate seperating the two rooms so they can still see and hear us, but not jump on the bed (strange house layout). The GS has no problem with them being on the bed during the day, but at night time it's "his" bed and only the original four (and most graciously, us :laugh: ) are allowed on it.

As the pups have grown bigger we have had to shift more and more furniture out of their bedroom to accommodate them. I have just one cupboard left in the room amongst a sea of dog beds, that cupboard has its marching orders and is leaving this weekend.

All eight dogs play and sleep on our bed every day and it's a nightmare having to wash the sheets up to four times a week, as they bring their "treasures" into the bed to chew. 16 paddy paws make an awful lot of mess.

We are in the process of building a raised bed so the dogs can't get on it, and having a dog "den" underneath it. Then I may be able to go back to only washing the sheets once or twice a week (she hopes).

:laugh: our special time if its during the day the dogs are locked out of the room, if its at bed time willow is in her crate and razzle is just on the floor....he ignores us :o :laugh:

People that have partners, do you shove the dogs out when you have special time?

I know a couple who leave their 2 maltese on the floor during this time and I am horrified :eek: :eek: Poor dogs!

People that have partners, do you shove the dogs out when you have special time?

I know a couple who leave their 2 maltese on the floor during this time and I am horrified :eek: :eek: Poor dogs!

my two dogs are very discreet..they don't talk about what they see.

:rofl:

My dogs sleep under the bed at night, every now and again they might join us for a little bit (eg, the lappie slept on our bed for an hour last night because she was desexed yesterday and wouldn't settle unless she was between us). But on weekend mornings there's me, OH, a Husky, a Lappie and a two month old baby in the bed while we're watching TV and procrastinating over getting up.

Glad to know I am not the only 1 who allows their dogs on their bed, lol... Some of mine would be heart broken if I had then anywhere else of a night, lol. I have a belly warmer(likes to b under covers n all, a back of kness dog n hubby has 1 at his feet plus we have a little knok at the head of our bed n Jack sleeps there with his paw touching my head, lol.. Then a big dog at each side n 1 at the foot of bed on their own beds. So we have a full bedroom n wouldn't have it any other way.

King size bed, my husband and usually 1 if not both of the twins (at that age they like to sneak in during the night) and Diva when it gets crowded, I sleep in the spare room. Diva isn't an all night dog but she bulldozes her way under your side so you are wedged up at an angle.

I generally only have one on the bed and she sticks fairly close so I can either feel her beside some part of my body or I can move my arm around until my hand finds her not too far away.

I let the foster girl on the bed in the mornings if I have a sleep in and she likes her own discreet space but also likes to go outside and bring sticks in to share with me for a bonding chew session. Throughout the day she will bring and leave more sticks on the bed so preparing for bed at night involves collecting all my presents!