How Many In Your Bed?

Blackdogs

For me it was the Rottie... I had to learn the art of sleeping in awkward positions. Then we added the cat so it was 2 humans, 1 Rottie and 1 cat, more often than not I'd find myself halfway off the bed with a cat in my hair. Now it's just the cat, the Rottie has shifted to her own bed, but even with just one small cat I find my legs hanging halfway off the bed.....

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

None, they sleep outside, or on a dogbed downstairs.

I love th smell of fresh sheets, not dog hair when i wake up :laugh:

Sometimes I feel like crying at the sight of dog hair on everything. Impossible to get rid off :(

In another life, I would not appear in public with unbrushed clothes and would spend ages at the ironing board making clothes were lint free. I still make a token effort, but generally speaking, I guess I have learnt to live with it. :o

Marion01 - doggy heaven there.

Persephone - isn't that a great caroon? Love it. I have it saved somewhere.

The night begins with myself, OH, Toy Poodle, 2 Sibes and a Standard Poodle pup about 50kg of dog. Puppy goes to her crate when it's sleep time and Mishka (sibe) usually hops off to her bed when she can't sprawl out because there is no room but is back on the bed by morning :laugh: We have a queen bed will be getting a king soon tho lol

48kg of wolfie x mastiff (Tess) is my usual sleeping companion - she lies stretched out on the bed next to me as if she were another person and she HAS to be touching me. In winter she curls up in a ball and shoves her nose as close to me as she can - usually down my neck :laugh:

Fleming prefers to sleep on his bed on the floor but will always jump up in the morning when the alarm goes off for cuddles before we get up, and generally joins us all night if it's cool.

Add the 4.5kg cat, who much prefers to sleep on ME rather than on the bed, and it's getting close to 80kgs on the bed with me - just about the same as a human male. And yep, I end up shoved as far over to one side as I can without falling off

I have a king size bed but my dogs don't sleep on it because they annoy me too much! And I get too hot in this weather. So they sleep in their crates and it's just me and the Bf on the bed.

When I used to sleep alone I used to have Trixie on the bed, she's a good spooner, but not Kyzer, he doesn't sleep properly because he is too worried he'll get kicked.

Just me and OH at night, Elsie has the whole king size bed to herself during the day if I am not at home though, and she comes in for a snuggle in the morning too. When OH is away I have tried to have her sleep in the bed, but she ends up getting in and out of the covers all night and it keeps me awake, so she stays in her crate.

no dogs-- just one large fluffy orange cat :p ..who ensures I don't wriggle when I sleep .Ouch.

1956.05.02.515.jpg

Ha ha. I have a 4kg pap on the bed and me. In summer he gets down, but comes to visit in the morning. He starts off on the other pillow, which is like a mattress for him, sometimes he sleeps on the same pillow as my head which feels like I am wearing a fluffy hat

I share with 2 x staffords (one is still a puppy though and he has a lot of growing left!). I generally have one on each side and I get pinned and can't move :laugh:

When my partner is home (he works interstate currently) it is very crowded! I've told him we need to upgrade to a King size!

post-38281-0-70855600-1350354066_thumb.jpg

None here. We used to sleep with 3 or 4 cats on the bed at night, every night, so over time I got fed up with not being able to move and I'm now completely intolerant when it comes to animals on the bed. The cats have been banished, and the dogs aren't allowed up on the bed except for morning cuddles when I'm already awake.

The only exception is my 11 year old cat, because she only sleeps inside when it's chilly outside, and she stays at the foot end of the bed and doesn't move all night. She also holds it until I let her out in the morning, she doesn't go and pee in the bathroom like some of the other cats.

Just the one. Thankfully we have a king size bed... Who knew a 10kg Jack Russell could take over an entire bed!!!

He usually sleeps on his bed until 4am, then jumps up and goes under the doona (after giving me the "wake up mum!" stares)and sleeps near our feet. (Usually his head on my foot)...

But this can cause him problems, I have lost count the amount of times I have kicked him!

Guest donatella

People that have partners, do you shove the dogs out when you have special time?

I know a couple who leave their 2 maltese on the floor during this time and I am horrified :eek: :eek: Poor dogs!

People that have partners, do you shove the dogs out when you have special time?

I know a couple who leave their 2 maltese on the floor during this time and I am horrified :eek: :eek: Poor dogs!

lol I am not going to leave my dogs on the bed when we move the sheets haha , I actually take them to the loungeroom with some raw hide treats. I don't know about anyone else but I am not particularly fond of a dog trying to sniff my butt haha, I do not think doggy style was meant to be taken literally :rofl:

Edited by Squidgy

Our old boy only came up to rumble with my late husband or to snuggle with me when he went to work.. So, no not in the bed then..

The current dog, well who knows - I have been single the whole time I have had him here... However I am not really into having an audience during special time :laugh: