Dog Runs

eyeopener

Could I please ask to see any pics members may have of dog run set ups? We are about to remodel for the 4th time & I am determined to get it right n working for me. My dogs don''t spend a whole lot of time in them although there can be times they are used more & need to be escape proof. I would like to not go the concrete route n what I have been doing is using a steel grating around the edges shallowly buried to deter any digging, I also like to make platforms that the dogs like to sit on or use in play, best 1 we had had a ramp up each side n they would play on it n sit up there all the time so if anyone has any ideas for platforms etc that would be great too.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine are on my couch! :laugh: We are on five acres, there is a high fenced off backyard area that the German Shepherd has access to and a fully fenced area in front of the house that has couch grass and less wear areas and mud that the Cavaliers play on.

post-27253-0-40347700-1350427654_thumb.jpg

Edited by LizT

I have a quarter of my yard sectioned off with cyclone fencing and a big garden shed for shelter as a dog pen... but the dogs are in the house... go figure...

T.

Same here a lot of the time, lol..... But I only really need them for when I go into town or new dogs, sick dogs etc etc... I have 2 trips coming up though n I would like to have a better set up done by then to make it easier on my dog sitters.

Please guys so far Sway is the only set up I have seen. If you not game to put pics up how about some descriptions?

So you can tell us how mean we are for putting our dogs in them as per your other thread?

You really need to read my first n every post after that mi state I use them just my dogs are not confined to them all the time or even very often at all in some cases.

Guys not once said I NEVER confine my dogs nothing of the sort I said crates are over used & so are dog runs at times also. Just to clarify I have 2 females n 1 male who have total acces to houses n entire farm of a day n sleep inside of a night. The rest bar 1 follow me about as I do my jobs n I swap n switch as needed so all get plenty of free run. I have 1 dog who is only run under strict supervision. There is only 1 dog put of a night n that's his job to be n I will let out a second if needed. The rest sleep inside 1 of the homes bar 1 who sleep in the front yard her choice n 1 who is in a dog run. There is 2 families on this farm so 2 sets of dogs.

Our runs are basic, they have gravel, then granite and we put rice straw down during winter as well at their beds. they're completely covered as well with 2 sides partially meshed in and a mesh door so they get lots of fresh air but the sun doesn't reach the whole cage during summer.