Skye Terrier In Blacktown Pound

What the frak is going on in that place!? so he has to wait another 2 weeks there! That is disgusting form if I'm reading that right!!

The owner details have now been found, so they are allowing more time to find his owner. That is a good thing :-)

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest donatella

I guess so, I hope they come forward quickly I'd hate for him to sit there another 2 weeks. It's odd that finally on day of release they find owner details though.

I guess so, I hope they come forward quickly I'd hate for him to sit there another 2 weeks. It's odd that finally on day of release they find owner details though.

It would be awesome if his owners locate & collect him asap. That would be the best outcome. I feel awful for him if he ends up doing a month in the pound though!

I got a call from Blacktown whilst I was at work. Yes this is the case, they have located owner details and sent a letter. His name is Bobby and he is 4 years old. Meanwhile he has to sit tight for another 2 weeks or until they hear from his owner. I confirmed my name on the list and it still remains on the EOI list to purchase.

Yes that is correct Sheridan (well, that is what BP have informed us.)

Thanks T :)

If the owner does not come forward and the first person on the list decides not to take him, Glemhaith will be, however I am going to be picking him up asap from the pound as I live much closer than Glenhaith and he will stay with me for however long need be :)

Not that odd unfortunately donatella. I have collected 6 dogs from BP and 2 out of the 6 have had their microchips found on day of release prior to their new chips going in.

Fantastic that the owners got a chance to reclaim their pets (and they both did :) ) but it's unsettling chips are being missed.

Not that odd unfortunately donatella. I have collected 6 dogs from BP and 2 out of the 6 have had their microchips found on day of release prior to their new chips going in.

Fantastic that the owners got a chance to reclaim their pets (and they both did :) ) but it's unsettling chips are being missed.

Unsettling is a bit of an understatement . Why?

Why? Cause it happens sometimes. I well remember a kelpie type dog we had come into the pound, scanned - no chip. 2 days later his owner turns up and goes ballistic at the staff for not ringing her cause the dog is chipped. I took her and the scanner out to the dog and spent 15 minutes running the scanner all over the dog before the scanner picked the chip up, right where it should be. Took scanner in and ran it over some chips in the office, never missed a beat. Bought scanner home and scanned my dogs no problems. Why that dog who knows, but when he came back a little while later, again the scanner did not pick up his chip but I knew who he was so was able to ring the owner to come get him - again. If it can happen to one dog at a small pound, why not more dogs at a bigger pound.

Why? Cause it happens sometimes. I well remember a kelpie type dog we had come into the pound, scanned - no chip. 2 days later his owner turns up and goes ballistic at the staff for not ringing her cause the dog is chipped. I took her and the scanner out to the dog and spent 15 minutes running the scanner all over the dog before the scanner picked the chip up, right where it should be. Took scanner in and ran it over some chips in the office, never missed a beat. Bought scanner home and scanned my dogs no problems. Why that dog who knows, but when he came back a little while later, again the scanner did not pick up his chip but I knew who he was so was able to ring the owner to come get him - again. If it can happen to one dog at a small pound, why not more dogs at a bigger pound.

Geez I didnt know that - bit scary.

I have had the same thing happen Rebanne. However our policy is if no microchip is found a second scanner (different brand) is used. On two occassions chip numbers have not matched paperwork and a bit of perserverance has detected two chips implanted in same dog.

My old girl's chip is a bit hit or miss... it's where it should be, but for some reason you have to scan a few times for it to register.

As for the Skye in the pound, the fact that he has been in there 2 weeks already indicates that they did find a chip when he got there - maybe he's chipped on a different register than the one they usually check, and his details have now come to light once the other registers have been checked?

T.

Yes they knew all along he was chipped. I don't understand the registries system but it must be a problem with the system not the actual chip because that was found at the beginning.

My old girl's chip is a bit hit or miss... it's where it should be, but for some reason you have to scan a few times for it to register.

As for the Skye in the pound, the fact that he has been in there 2 weeks already indicates that they did find a chip when he got there - maybe he's chipped on a different register than the one they usually check, and his details have now come to light once the other registers have been checked?

T.

Well unless BP tells us why it has taken so long,we can only speculate. However, I think we can be excused for expecting a pound to have a handle on all the different registries, all the different sorts of chips and all the ways chips can migrate and be diffIcult to find.

T.

Well unless BP tells us why it has taken so long,we can only speculate. However, I think we can be excused for expecting a pound to have a handle on all the different registries, all the different sorts of chips and all the ways chips can migrate and be diffIcult to find.

Sorry but I disagree with you. I would expect a pound of all places to be expert in handling all the different microchip registries. We have our dogs microchipped on the understanding that if ever they are lost it will ensure them a quick trip home.

T.

Sorry but I disagree with you. I would expect a pound of all places to be expert in handling all the different microchip registries. We have our dogs microchipped on the understanding that if ever they are lost it will ensure them a quick trip home.

:confused::confused: That is exactly what I am saying.