I'm An Expert

SkySoaringMagpie

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've given Up buying my dogs nice, expensive, soft beds because they end up like that. They get old woolen blankets and tranpoline beds now, until they learn to appreciate what I give them tsktsk

And you can always train them to use the entire garden as a bed. Gradually, you also have less of a garden to take care of, win-win!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqawY9812bM

As a puppy Mosley was very destructive, he was surrendered at the pound and we rescued him at 12 weeks and he was already over 10kgs of NAUGHTY. He's great now but back then...:eek:

He has eaten, in no particular order -

1 mobile phone

Carpet in a rental

2 dog beds

1 coffee table

1 house phone

Approx 10 books

Laptop

And Lili does this -

You my dear have no idea how happy this makes me!! lol because I thought I was the only one with a nightmare puppy lol.

I've given Up buying my dogs nice, expensive, soft beds because they end up like that. They get old woolen blankets and tranpoline beds now, until they learn to appreciate what I give them tsktsk

And you can always train them to use the entire garden as a bed. Gradually, you also have less of a garden to take care of, win-win!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqawY9812bM

In the jungle the mighty jungle the leonberger sleeps tonight...lame, but it's the song that came into my head :laugh:

Edited by mixeduppup

Went out yesterday and we have been leaving Pi in the lounge and kitchen. Came home found that he had redecorated, he ate all the bread, spread barley all over the floor and added the stuffing from his bed all over the place. As soon as the bed has a pin hole in it he starts to pluck the stuffing out.

My last foster was a nightmare for destroying things. Too many to mention but the one that got me was when a few days after he left I went to start the lawnmower and almost dislocated my shoulder as I stood back to pull the cord and the little plastic handle was not actually attatched anymore...cord chewed through. Stan is a master at opening the oven. I made the mistake of hiding (yeah right) two kilos of mince to defrost in the oven whilst I ducked out for a few hours. I came home, oven door open and no mince. Three months later everytime I go out the oven door is open, he still holds out hope that one day he will open the oven and there will be more mince...one can never give up hope according to Stanley :)

Edited by stans mum

I am an expert on exercising dogs and providing plenty of mental stimulation, so as to prevent boredom and destruction, so much so, that I like to preach to others.

:laugh: China owns half our Country. They were just headed there to get it back.

I'm an expert at providing environmental enrichment for my husky, furniture, cushions etc

dsc00894jb.jpg

At least your doggy did it outside & not on the furniture inside, like mine.

Lol no he does it inside as well, the cushion that has been eviscerated actually came from inside on the couch he took it outside, usually he doesn't bother things just lie where they were killed :o

Edited by WoofnHoof

My last foster was a nightmare for destroying things. Too many to mention but the one that got me was when a few days after he left I went to start the lawnmower and almost dislocated my shoulder as I stood back to pull the cord and the little plastic handle was not actually attatched anymore...cord chewed through. Stan is a master at opening the oven. I made the mistake of hiding (yeah right) two kilos of mince to defrost in the oven whilst I ducked out for a few hours. I came home, oven door open and no mince. Three months later everytime I go out the oven door is open, he still holds out hope that one day he will open the oven and there will be more mince...one can never give up hope according to Stanley :)

:laugh: that's really very clever. :laugh: I can just imagine him saying to himself, good, she's gone! I'll see what she's left for me.

Edited by Kirislin