Germany To Ban Sex With Animals: Report

MelodysMum

I was discussing this topic at work today, as one of our teachers used to be a Vet.

He kept leaving the room.

I won't discuss it further but it doesn't take much imagination to picture the veterinary clinic from time to time.

Sorry I don't get what you are getting at. I have worked in veterinary clinics for years and I have no idea what you are alluding to?????

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ewwwww . Im from German heritage, and Ive never heard of such vulgarity going on ..:eek:

However over the years I have been told some sordid stories (by men) here in Australia about 'experiences' they have encountered or know about, and there were women involved 'apparently' :o

Anyway eeeek Gross ! Poor animals :cry:

How could this possibly have been legalized?? I thought it was pretty widely accepted in the western world in recent times that sex without consent is not ok, animals can't possibly give consent!!

This is one way to frame it, but we should bear in mind that animals don't consent to most things we do with them - they don't consent to obedience school, eating Royal Canin instead of Eaglepack, sleeping in the lounge instead of the bedroom etc etc. The reason it is wrong is because it's wrong to take advantage of a situation where you have

power over a less powerful sentient being who could be damaged by predatory behaviour - be it an animal, a child, a mentally disabled adult, etc. Plus it's just disgusting.

Yes, you're exactly right and explained that much better than me!

Shame they didn't follow that to its logical conclusion, that is, you are a deficient human being if you try to establish a sexual relationship with a being that is far less empowered than you are (an animal, a child, a mentally disabled adult, etc). I don't know how long it's going to take some people to wake up to that, I have nothing but contempt for people who won't engage in sexual/romantic relationships with equals (ie, other freely consenting competent adults).

No doubt I will be jumped on from a great height, but then I need to lose some weight. The point that is missed by so many people as that many men will stick it anywhere they can. Yes, a lot of them are totally deficient human beings, but many of them are just men.

And, no, I am not a man hater; I have been in the world for a long time.

And, yes, I know women are involved in totally ahborrent practices as well.

This is a ridiculous thing to say, no matter how long you've been in the world! I agree that many men just being men find it hard to turn down sex with a willing human partner, but no way would MANY men just being men have sex with animals. Come on.

I was discussing this topic at work today, as one of our teachers used to be a Vet.

He kept leaving the room.

I won't discuss it further but it doesn't take much imagination to picture the veterinary clinic from time to time.

Sorry I don't get what you are getting at.

I have worked in veterinary clinics for years and I have no idea what you are alluding to?????

I'm not alluding to anything.

The teacher will tell you quite openly that he had a very close affinity with pigs and breeding.

Made me think twice about my ponderings over the Vet life.

Anyway, I can't believe no-ones mentioned NZ, or I missed it. :laugh:

Guest Labradork

From a legal point of view, isn't having sex with animals a form of rape? Obviously they can't give consent.

Legally speaking, why isn't it the same as child sexual abuse?

How can it be legal?

Edited for clarity.

Edited by Labradork

This is a ridiculous thing to say, no matter how long you've been in the world! I agree that many men just being men find it hard to turn down sex with a willing human partner, but no way would MANY men just being men have sex with animals. Come on.

Umm, what was the topic again? Germany is to ban sex with animals. I doubt they'd be bringing in legislation just for a couple of people.

It's called bestiality and has been around since animals became human. And animals didn't wake up one morning and find they were human. Took a year or two or millions.

I'm just amazed someone here has such an intimate knowledge of the practice.

The mind boggles

"Intimate" is not quite the word, Jerry Lee [Lewis??] :laugh: . I read, I listen, I have been in the world a long time.

The underworld seems like.

:laugh: DD are you gunna pop up in the next series of Underbelly?

Back to the topic...gobsmacked...just sickening :(

Jeez, Stan's Mum. How did you guess? I auditioned, but the belly was too upfront.

Umm, what was the topic again? Germany is to ban sex with animals. I doubt they'd be bringing in legislation just for a couple of people.

It's called bestiality and has been around since animals became human. And animals didn't wake up one morning and find they were human. Took a year or two or millions.

I'm aware of what it's called. I believe beastiality is a modern psychological term, I doubt the term was around two million years ago.

Animals didn't become human, humans are still animals.

I shall re-word - do you really think human males behaving typically of human males, even with a strong biological drives to reproduce, feel the need to have sex with with other unrelated species? Again I say, come on!

Ok, I'm posting again because maybe i have misunderstood what you are saying DD. It sounds to me as if you are saying that it is not atypical human male behaviour to have sex with animals of other species. It appears from your posts that you are saying in some cases men who have sex with animals are deviant but in other cases they are just "men being men ".

I'm aware of what it's called. I believe beastiality is a modern psychological term, I doubt the term was around two million years ago.

Animals didn't become human, humans are still animals.

I shall re-word - do you really think human males behaving typically of human males, even with a strong biological drives to reproduce, feel the need to have sex with with other unrelated species? Again I say, come on!

DD does seem to be very knowledgable about the subject.

No doubt I will be jumped on from a great height, but then I need to lose some weight. The point that is missed by so many people as that many men will stick it anywhere they can. Yes, a lot of them are totally deficient human beings, but many of them are just men.

And, no, I am not a man hater; I have been in the world for a long time.

And, yes, I know women are involved in totally ahborrent practices as well.

Well you certainly come across as a man hater. I find your wild generalisation about men really quite repugnant!

From a legal point of view, isn't having sex with animals a form of rape? Obviously they can't give consent.

How can it be legal?

Edited for clarity.

Without knowing the exacts of their laws (not a subject that really interests me), I'd have to assume implied consent is taken into account.

To give an example here.. male animals. Obviously though, creating a physical reaction isn't obtaining consent- which makes the whole AI issue (which is perfectly legal everywhere) very interesting. If intercourse with a male animal is rape, why is stimulating an animal for the purposes of collecting semen acceptable when the dog still hasn't consented to that sexual activity?

We have some odd double standards when it comes to pawing animals for our own purposes.

Ewwwww . Im from German heritage, and Ive never heard of such vulgarity going on ..:eek:

What an odd thing to say.

My great-grandfather was from Rostock and I have heard of this sort of thing in Germany. Which proves nothing either way, of course, because what sort of family discusses this during conversations of heritage?

"Ah, yes... I remember living in the old land, back when it was still legal to live in a de facto relationship with a poodle.."

snapback.pngJules♥Cavs, on 30 November 2012 - 08:47 PM, said:

My great-grandfather was from Rostock and I have heard of this sort of thing in Germany. Which proves nothing either way, of course, because what sort of family discusses this during conversations of heritage?

"Ah, yes... I remember living in the old land, back when it was still legal to live in a de facto relationship with a poodle.."

I've heard there are similar issues in Denmark and Norway.

A classic case outlining the dangers of sex with animals was the guy who died from a ruptured colon after having himself shagged by a nag. I understand his friends, after dumping him to die at a hospital made a documentary film about incident.

Having said that, I am concerned that some DOLers accessing this topic may be children. There are web forums out there run by groups both for and against where those with strong views can debate the subject. At the minimum, it might be better to move this thread to the restricted access "Cruelty & Abuse" sub-forum.

How can it be legal?

Edited for clarity.

Without knowing the exacts of their laws (not a subject that really interests me), I'd have to assume implied consent is taken into account.

To give an example here.. male animals. Obviously though, creating a physical reaction isn't obtaining consent- which makes the whole AI issue (which is perfectly legal everywhere) very interesting. If intercourse with a male animal is rape, why is stimulating an animal for the purposes of collecting semen acceptable when the dog still hasn't consented to that sexual activity?

We have some odd double standards when it comes to pawing animals for our own purposes.

This is a very interesting point.

How can it be legal?

Edited for clarity.

This is a very interesting point.

Yes, also what about inseminating the female animals? That seems to be way more invasive than the collection of semen and is also perfectly acceptable everywhere that allows AI?

Not saying living with your de-facto poodle is ok or anything but it seems some sexual acts done on animals are viewed as ok as long as no human sexual organs are involved?

My husband and I left Germany in 1969, seems we left at the right time. We were shocked to find out, through this post, that sex with animals was legal over there all these years. :eek: All the jokes one hears are about NZ and their sheep, new opening here.