People's Prejudice Against Dogs

GSDowner

Guest donatella

It would near kill mine, a breed used to being with their people a lot of the time, a companion breed. They would be very upset locked in my bedroom while I was in the house entertaining guests, the movie 'flowers in the attic' springs to mind :rofl:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It would near kill mine, a breed used to being with their people a lot of the time, a companion breed. They would be very upset locked in my bedroom while I was in the house entertaining guests, the movie 'flowers in the attic' springs to mind :rofl:

:laugh: mine wouldn't cope either.

:laugh: mine wouldn't cope either.

mine would just sleep on my bed and occasionally get up to look over the babygate directly into the loungeroom.

Lets just face it....houses that have indoor dogs DO smell.

NO... they are puppy-fragrant :laugh:

(As is mine :thumbsup: )

And my windows have some lovely displays of border collie nose art :laugh:

Speaking of nose art and similar, and sorry it's a bit OT, but we currently have a board over one of our windows because we found out the hard way that older houses have 3mm glass in the windows!! I got a phone call on my way home one day from my sister that she got home and found one of the dogs halfway out the window (it's next to the couch) barking at birds!! Very lucky no one got hurt or went missing!!!

I have low window sills and I did have one rescue dog who went through the catflap in my bedroom. :eek:

I am happy to shut my dogs out (I have a vey large back yard as well as a vey large covered deck) for a few hours, but they would not cope - and neither would I expect them too - for longer than that.

Whilst I don't entirely go along with the dictum " my house my rules ", I would be pretty bristly about someone coming into my house and telling me what to do.

I, as a dog lover, feel a bit icky about having dogs inside unless they're very clean. I think it's from living on a farm & seeing what they roll in sick2.gifwhen unattended. I don't have a problem if they're well groomed & washed though. I can completely understand a non-dog person feeling uncomfortable about dogs inside. Especially big ones.

I think if it's well-managed though, your SIL might have less of a problem. I feel a bit gross going to a friend's place and seeing dog hair all along the passage way and on mattresses (that guests sleep on), embedded in the carpets and in the kitchen scared.gifI have no problem if stuff is clean (I found dog hair on a "clean" fork in the drawer...bit gross...).

Other than cleanliness I think as long as your dog has manners inside she realistically doesn't have anything to whinge about.

Edited by Scootaloo