'the Dog Just Snapped'

espinay2

A good reminder at Xmas time particularly when we often have less than dog savvy visitors to WATCH YOUR DOGS BODY LANGUAGE and be VERY careful not to put them in a situation where they are uncomfortable.

I am sure the owner of this dog thinks his dog is 'great' with children (I actually cringe when ANYONE tells me that...). And the dog is in fact VERY restrained.

But IMO that is no excuse for the abuse of both dog and child shown here even if it is done in ignorance. :mad

A 'hug' from a child may look cute, but that is not generally how the dog sees it.......

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151229104977745

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What an amazingly tolerant dog she was. Poor thing. I was actually feeling anxious that the video was going to show her finally swinging her head around and snapping. I hope the owners of the dog are aware the video is being shown as how not to treat your dog and that they might learn from it.

Couldn't even watch it all. I had tears in my eyes. Just mortifying watching the kid abuse the dog under his parents instructions.

It was horrible. I'm still shaking.

Just watched it and my heart is still thumping. Total morons who should never own a dog let alone raise a child. Horrific.

efs

Edited by schnauzer

The laughing would have stopped quick smart if the poor dog reacted and injured the baby. Then she would end up with the green dream.

Stupid stupid parents.

Very well put together subtitles, though. Hopefully people who see that who dont understand canine body language will learn something from it.

Here is another example (though definitely not as horrific) of people seeing a dog acting 'cute' and misreading the signs.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/photo.php?v=10152353059565534&set=vb.695930533&type=2&theater

Dominant 'play'? I keep expecting the dog to start humping the child at one point.

What I don't get about that video is that the kid really doesn't want to be 'playing' with the dog.

I remember a few years ago on another forum a woman posted a video of her older dog and her new dog. She was encouraging the older dog to be jealous although she didn't realise it and couldn't understand even when it was pointed out to her. Sadly, but predictably, she got rid of the original dog soon after because "she'd tried everything" and they just didn't get along. :mad

Not liking the sound of this at all. Not brave enough today to open the link.

People allowing their children to use their "pet" dogs as jumping castles..

Dear o dear, why !!! And what happens if the long suffering dog oneday has enough of this abuse & retaliates. "Bad dog" better get rid of him. He's no good that dog....

The poor dog is always the one who suffers at the hands of stupid, careless & irresponsible owners :(

What stupid f-----g morons those parents are. The child is going to grow up with entirely the wrong perception of how to treat animals.

From birth, my siblings and I were taught to treat animals with kindness, all animals. If we were bitten or scratched by the cat we got told off because we'd brought it on ourselves - sometimes as children you aren't quite gentle enough - it is the parents' job to make sure you are supervised around animals at all times.

My manager bought a Dachsie puppy and her son was 5 at the time. She left them unsupervised but caught her son and his friends throwing the puppy off the deck for a bit of fun.

Luckily she stopped it before the puppy was injured or killed but it only takes one throw sometimes ...

So many fools around.