I Failed...introducing Missy

I have an 8 year old mini schnauzer, Lucy, who has been in the wars recently, battling a mast cell tumour of her paw. Full story here: Lucy's story I had been thinking about fostering even before her illness, so as both my son and I have a bit more time this year, we decided to offer through the wonderful Schnauzer of Schnauzer Rescue NSW. We also thought it might be good for Lucy to have some company from time to time.

Missy, a six year old female arrived 10 days ago. She (and her brother) were surrendered as the owners had to move to a unit and couldn't take them. Although never having one previously, within a day she had worked out what a bed was:

Missyinbed_zps037326aa.jpg

As you can see, she fitted in very well from the beginning:

Relaxed_zps4873e4e6.jpg

Next thing was the clip to find out what was under all that hair!

Clipped1_zpsc1f3e35d.jpg

A beautiful dog, in both looks and nature emerged, and wriggled (with a tail that never stops wagging) into our hearts. By the end of the first week, Lucy, son and I were hooked, just had to convince the +1. We took her away for the weekend (travels like a dream) and it was as though she knew she had to be on her best behaviour! By Sunday he agreed. We took both girls to the dog beach to celebrate:

Missybeach_zpse4e01830.jpg

We don't know what the future holds for Lucy, but following some setbacks, she is happy and healthy at the moment and enjoying her new friend, so I think we made the right decision. :)

photo_zps80d3748e.jpg

Edited by Bindo

Many thanks everyone! Missy surprises us each day (good surprises!) and you can tell Lucy loves having her around. Lucy tries to initiate play now, but Missy is still a little unsure about that but I guess in time it will happen. I was always hesitant about having two dogs, but can now see the real benefits for each other, plus we have another gorgeous schnauzer in our lives. :)

1360379065[/url]' post='6117696']

Many thanks everyone! Missy surprises us each day (good surprises!) and you can tell Lucy loves having her around. Lucy tries to initiate play now, but Missy is still a little unsure about that but I guess in time it will happen. I was always hesitant about having two dogs, but can now see the real benefits for each other, plus we have another gorgeous schnauzer in our lives. :)

Welcome to the 'foster failure' club! smile.gif Happens to the best of us! biggrin.gif