A Follow On Thread For Those Who Now Have Their Puppy

julesluvscavs

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:laugh: Noooo I don't want them turning into a 'show' breed.

There are two registries sort of working towards recognition. If they could agree on what a bullarab is it would be nice. Probably not going to happen in this lifetime though :p

He's a natural stacker.. Helps when he's chained up to the post behind for photo time :p

Haven't been on for a couple of weeks. Happy belated birthday to the gorgeous Nova.

Oh are those new puppies just the cutest things.

My cousin in Rocky rang me the other day, never been to her place & have only seen her a few times in the past, cough cough, 39 years, who used to have Dallies, now has 2 bull Arabs. I didn't know what they looked like but thanks to Esky & now do. :)

Laci is now 7.5 mths old & the same size as Panda, which isn't hard as he's such a midget for a JS.

I entered a competition on FB for an online training course with Katrina Warren & Kelly of the Wonderdogs. Laci & I were one of the 20 winners chosen. We were sent a bottle of Oakwood shampoo from one of their sponsors.

19e57524-9d25-4606-a4ce-e2fa92edabaf_zps6888009c.jpg

We have added another member to our fur family. My youngest son found an abandoned 5 week old kitten in my mum's garage. No sign of a mother cat or siblings. She's a ginger moggie, was spitting & pawing at us on the 1st night but is now a normal, curious, cuddly nearly 8 week old kitten. The vet gave her a full bill of health.0a203d3b-a805-42f4-9fb5-41b33cca91ea_zpsb0b747ff.jpg

For those of you who followed my journey with adding Finnigan (whippet puppy) to our family last year, it breaks my heart to have report that our darling boy was killed in a freak accident on Saturday afternoon. He had only just had his first birthday (27 April) and had grown into the most stunning boy. He was our world - and our life is so empty without him. Fin had come down with me when I was feeding the horses and unfortunately got kicked by one of them. He died within about 5 minutes.

Make the most of every day you have with your furkids - they are with us for such a short time - in our case much to short :(

Oh Crits, I read what you wrote the other day and forgot to come back and reply. I'm so sorry you've lost Finnigan! I can imagine all too clearly how heartbreaking that would be. I hope you're doing ok. Big hug x

Would love to see a recent pic of your beautiful boy, if you'd like to share?

My drama for the week. Nixon has been getting steroid treatment for bronchitis (lingering cough for over 4 weeks), then he needed his vaccination this week because we're going overseas tonight, and he will be in a kennel for part of the time. Then, yesterday morning he did a massive vomit! He threw up again this morning, and I found and old spew pile in the backyard from yesterday I think. Not sure if it's the vaccine or the steroids, but my poor baby isn't feel well, and we won't be here to look after him. I started tapering the steroids this morning because I suspect they are the cause.

I just got off the phone to the kennel to make sure they got the vaccination cert I emailed them yesterday, and the guy was so lovely! Said he was shocked that the vet vaccinated him while he was unwell, and they (the kennel)would have been a bit flexible with the requirements given the circumstances! I'm so impressed! They also take titre testing results too. Even though we've happily used them several times before, my confidence in them just increased hugely. They clearly care about their wards a lot.

We have a friend looking after Nix for the first 2 weeks we're away, and she will do a great job too - I just hope he starts to feel better asap to make it easier on both of them.

So sorry Crits, what a horrible accidentfrown.gif

Run free Finnigan.

I would also love to see a photo if you would like to share.

Poor Nixon, you and him just can't cop a break can you!

I celebrated Novas belated birthday today, as I've been a bit ill the last few weeks.

We shared some Frogurt biggrin.gif

10404442_10152212275450787_4454302921657129377_n.jpg

That's so very sad Crits, I had a friend lose a 3 month old puppy the same way, very tragic. I imagine your little man knew nothing but a good life and will be able to rest peacefully :)

Lisa, Nova has the cutest little nose! Looks like he enjoyed his little treat, I got froyo with a friend once and Didi was with me but she didn't even let me have the first spoonful before stealing a lick :laugh:

Didi's treat for today was a big romp along the river since I've also been a bit under the weather and had to skip our walk yesterday.

10354832_854460497916676_2727853176814889055_n.jpg

And one of her trying to chase some birdies (she's too slow and clumsy to get close to them) :)

10295731_854460824583310_8129656466921730951_n.jpg

Wow Terri, Didi is looking great! Big girl!

Forgot this photo, we finally have a few streets of proper autumn here, and leaves are by far Novas favourite thing. So this happened… laugh.gif

10402599_867829543233376_683278863659574248_n.jpg?oh=12c9946ffb4c4c432af2c8496a877c36&oe=53808C30&__gda__=1400937568_b178d70c6da902a8cbb9a2477c852922

Really proud of the puppy today :) We had Obedience for the first time in 5 weeks and they were running an assessment to move up a class for those who had attended 5 or more classes... we'd only been to 4 and had a huge break but I decided to chance it anyway and we passed!

She didn't care much about the ribbon though...

10414628_855532861142773_1394031994748806238_n_zps72eebf6c.jpg

Beautiful photo, Terri S.

I don't have a puppy, but had wonderful puppy play yesterday. I was out in the front garden and a woman was walking a gorgeous, bit skittish, little dog. I commented and she said: it is our first walk as all vax are complete.

Little red girl was a beautiful RR of 14 weeks. So soft and such a brilliant gleaming colour. The lady found her breeder through DOL listed breeders, so I told her to join the forum and come into this thread.