Dog Baths

Whipitgood

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What some of us do as we get older and find it harder to bend is to get a small bath that is raised to a height suitable for us and then have it plummed in for hot and cold so we can just turn on the taps to fill and/or attach a spray hose and then we can wash in clean running water at all times.

I have a Booster Bath from Deals Direct & use it daily for my 2 BC's as they swim in salt water. I would highly recommend them. It had saved my back as it has legs so is raised off the ground.

Very durable & light if you need move it. I have had mine for 3 years now. OH had made a ramp off it for the dogs to walk up on & he connected it to hot/cold water as well.

Best $250 dollars I have spent imo :)

Edited by BC Crazy

Not so much "cheaper", but if you're going to renovate the bathroom anyway (and probably easier if you're planning on having a walk-in shower), you could get a large enough ledge built into the shower recess for the dog to stand on :)removable ramp and you're good to go!

I have big dogs, so it's not as bad, but after I've washed all 5 of them (including my mum's dog, as I usually do them all at once), my back hurts like nothing else! I can only imagine how much worse it would be if they were all little ones!

I've seen the booster baths before but the plastic looked quite flimsy but maybe that's not the case? The legs are strong enough to hold a BC then?

Deals Direct have these, but im not sure what they are actually like? I think you got to pay more for add on features ? ;-)

http://www.dealsdire...athing-station/

Hmmm you would still have to bend over with these too tho

I've seen the booster baths before but the plastic looked quite flimsy but maybe that's not the case? The legs are strong enough to hold a BC then?

Deals Direct have these, but im not sure what they are actually like? I think you got to pay more for add on features ? ;-)

http://www.dealsdire...athing-station/

Hmmm you would still have to bend over with these too tho

They are very strong Whipitgood. A lot of the time both my BC's will get into the bath together cause they love it :crazy: before I separate & organise them & it shows no signs of breaking

or anything. I have stood in it on more than one occassion. It is also outside in the elements 24/7. Hasn't aged at all. I don't have to bend down at all but am only short at 5 feet tall :)

It's strong enough to hold these three which is good as they have a bit of trouble understanding the concept 'one at a time'.

post-37151-0-33394800-1363833241_thumb.jpg

Edited to add that's about 120 kgs in there.

Edited by Dxenion

I got one last year for my two and it's the best thing I have ever bought! I have a chronic back condition so I got one.. I have to bend over slightly with the Cav because she is small but the bigger dogs are ok ... I had to buy the tap thing seperately if i wanted hot and cold water which was about $80, I think it should be included though.

I've been considering one of these but how have you all hooked it up to the hot/cold water? Do you use it inside or outside?

We use ours outside. We bought the parts from Bunnings (two way tap adaptors with on/ off switches, tap connectors, hoses etc) and made our own. We leave it connected to the laundry tap, then connect a hose to it and run it out the door to the bath on wash day. That way we have constant warm water available.

post-37151-0-87648200-1363842751_thumb.jpg