2013 Brags Thread

I've had the most amazing 2 weeks with my young girl Wikki.

She won the Intermediate Midi National Championship at the ADAA Nationals in Tamworth last weekend. Managed to not get eliminated on 18 out of her 19 runs.

On top of that she got runner up in Snooker and came third in the Open All around championship. In the process she achieved her Jumping Dog title.

Yesterday she finished off her SAAD title at our own local trial. Every time i take her out she is running faster. Still plenty to do, but I'm super happy with her progress and having sooooo much fun with her. No longer is it hard work to run her.

To top it off her big brother CK is continuing to improve at the ripe old age of 7! He's got all the skills, but struggles in 'scary' environments. (That would be any environment where another dog might come and visit. Urgh.) In Tamworth he finished off his Aust Agility Champion title and yesterday while he didn't get any results he ran as strongly as he has done EVER. He was ABSOLUTELY MAD - running super fast, to the point where my friend who often runs him couldn't keep up!! She is used to running her own fairly quick BC, but not my growling bouncy boy. :) I'm just over the moon because it is an environment where he has struggled in the past.

Can't wait for next weekend to get out and play again!

post-30032-0-88103300-1369617840_thumb.jpg

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A heads up - start practising your three steps backwards, which is a requirement for excellent NOW!

GOOD advice, Ptolomy (as usual :D ) - and practise it as the first station and before a jump - that's interesting for agility trained dogs :laugh: . After a jummp is hard too, depending on how much space the judge has allowed.

Well done AD! It's great when it comes together :thumbsup: Do you have videos? :)

Congrats again Ptolomy on Scoota's RAE and Cider's first in RE! Congrats to you too, TO, your red kids sound brilliant! And of course Tassie too and your brilliant BC's!!

Only a small brag here, Ruby got her RE title on the weekend in 3rd place. We had to retry the walking backwards station as she wasn't quite prepared :laugh: Not sure where the other points went, we got 91 :)

I'm not sure I'll be trying for RAE. If I do, we will be entered sparingly and I will only focus on one dog at at time. So Ruby might get a chance, we'll see!!

Edited by RubyStar

:thumbsup::cheer: Way to go RS and Ruby. Yes that 3 steps heel back really does take a bit of getting the dog prepared on the approach to the sign (hence why mine find it much more difficult if there's a jump as the next station - heeling is not really on their minds - well to be truthful, it's never on Kirra's mind :rofl: . I must admit, I make stregic decisions with her - if she's in her normal feral mood, we just give that station our best shot, and move on - Having lost 13 points and a (skanky) Q by re-trying, I've learnt with her - if it doesn't happen the first time, it ain't going to happen that day :rofl: .

I'm not sure I'll be trying for RAE. If I do, we will be entered sparingly and I will only focus on one dog at at time. So Ruby might get a chance, we'll see!!

It's quite a long haul - and expensive - and a bit stressful if you have 2 dogs doing it (and even more so if they have slightly different cues ;-). I must just need to get a life. :-)

Well done AD! It's great when it comes together :thumbsup: Do you have videos? :)

Thanks guys, it really has been a wild month or so. Videos - always........

My favourite jumping run from CK. This is the one that got his title.

And my gorgeous baby dog. <3 this girl.

:thumbsup::cheer: Way to go RS and Ruby. Yes that 3 steps heel back really does take a bit of getting the dog prepared on the approach to the sign (hence why mine find it much more difficult if there's a jump as the next station - heeling is not really on their minds - well to be truthful, it's never on Kirra's mind :rofl: . I must admit, I make stregic decisions with her - if she's in her normal feral mood, we just give that station our best shot, and move on - Having lost 13 points and a (skanky) Q by re-trying, I've learnt with her - if it doesn't happen the first time, it ain't going to happen that day :rofl: .

It's quite a long haul - and expensive - and a bit stressful if you have 2 dogs doing it (and even more so if they have slightly different cues ;-). I must just need to get a life. :-)

WELL DONE everyone on wonderful results.......again................. thumbsup1.gifthumbsup1.gifthumbsup1.gif

Tassie I have decied to have a go with both my girls in RAE too

Though I have gone two steps further with bringing my sheppie boy (Jim) up to RA and now my "plus one" Sheltie is very ready too for his first RA!!!

So for our next rally trial, which is a double, I will have a team of four, all four have slightly different cues for the same station, particulary the sheltie biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Like you too.................I must get a life rofl1.gifthumbsup1.giflaugh.gif

:rofl::rofl::rofl: at biker girl. But that's fantastic. Youi definitely have to do RAE with the gorgeous girls - and I'm so pleased (though not surprised :) ) that Jim and the plus one are doing so well.

So after a weekend of Rally and Obedience, I'm now heading towards a weekend of agility and jumping with both at Campbell Town and Launceston .. well, just jumping with the misguided missile.

AD Lovely! I think my lil big man's lil sis has snaffled all the steering software in the extended family - but we'll see :) .

Just had a tad problem with the computer so couldnt put my brag in but anyway we had our rally trial and after finally pulling my finger out since the last trial was in October Gabby got her RN title with a first with a score of 100 and I put in Inka who was so happy to be working with a score of 98 so hopefully it wont be as long between drinks lol

AD Lovely! I think my lil big man's lil sis has snaffled all the steering software in the extended family - but we'll see :) .

:laugh: hehehe. I'm working on fixing that. ;) She does turn nicely though. Just need to get a bit (lot) more forward momentum happening. It's coming. :)

Edited by Agility Dogs

Just had a tad problem with the computer so couldnt put my brag in but anyway we had our rally trial and after finally pulling my finger out since the last trial was in October Gabby got her RN title with a first with a score of 100 and I put in Inka who was so happy to be working with a score of 98 so hopefully it wont be as long between drinks lol

:thumbsup: Great stuff, xena98 - congratulations to you and the girls. Lovely score to finish Gabby's title on. Glad Inka enjoyed herself too. A friend was having fun with her almost 13 year old (but still pretty fit) BC - he got his RN, and was having his first go at Advanced - but knocked the bar (so NQ :( ) - but he was having a blast. He hasn't done anything competitive for about 3 or 4 years.

Had to put in my brag. Today we had our agility trial and it was wet and cold. Fortunately every time I had to run it didnt rain so was lucky I didnt drown. Gabby had 8 runs and got 7 qualies. 4 first places and three seconds. What a good girlie considering that mums handling was pretty crap though so was very surprised that we had got 7 quallies lol

Congrats RV.......that's exciting..on both counts.

Wow xena98! Now that's a good day at the office. We had a nice weekend trialling down here, but Qs were a bit elusive for everyone. Miss Kirra had some nice runs, but the help let her down by letting her off course or not trusting her, but we did get a 2nd place Q in JDM. The help was heard to say at one point "When are you going to slow down?" as she took another off course I hasn't been quick enough to avoid LOL, but I'm thrilled that she happily ran 8 runs each day, and has pulled up fine.

The misguided missile was slightly less misguided :-) ...so much enthusiasm :-) ... I'm learning to handler it a bit better..wild ride though!

Wow well done RV! You kept that one hush hush :D

Congrats xena98! thumbsup1.gif

Hey Tassie, one of the reasons I thought I couldn't move to Tassie would be lack of trials... but you seem to be trialling more frequently than the rest of us so that excuse has gone out of the window!!! laugh.gif