Rspca Rescue Show

mantis

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The producers prodded me out of my sick bed and drove me for 3 hours to re-meet the dogs. I was quite keen to see them again. It was recorded in early July 2010, but has never been aired before. They edited quite a lot from it - including my telling him I had a crewcut because my hair burned off. They didn't say that, so I suppose everyone watching thought I was a prison escapee, or a bald crazy dog lady!! :laugh:

It was good to see it again. It was nice to see dear Albert. His heavy smoke inhalation lead to a murmur, and unfortunately, he left me late last year. I never saw Velvet again, the one eyed black and tan - she died (old age) before I was well enough to have her back, ditto Ruby, who didn't star in the show. Luckily these girls were together with a wonderful woman who adored them. It was sad not to ever see them again.

Poor Chi, who didn't make it to the film either, died last year, a few days before I was to collect her. She was being cared for my daughter who is the vet. She went to work one morning, leaving Chi in her bed tucked up, came home, and Chi was dead. Did a pm, could find no cause. I feel poor Chi died of a broken heart. She missed me and her friends - and could only hold on so long. But probably, with all her problems, one of them was to blame. Surprising that nothing showed up on pm. She wasn't old either. I probably should have gone to see her as soon as I returned, but I had to collect the cavs and the cockers.

It was so sad that the 3 girls died before I saw them again. However, it was marvellous to have dear Albert back - he was very naughty when he was away, and he was just so delighted to see me again, he became my shadow, and he never did anything naughty again. It was so sad that he passed early.

It wasn't too horrible watching the film - I thought what an old skinhead cranky pants I was. However, the film was in the past, so not too traumatic. So sad that everyone was seeking Magnus, and he was in eternal sleep with his friends.

Lots of other things have happened,but that's the doggy news to date. None of it good!! Bella the baby boxer is now a big grown up boxer, with scars over her flank and up her side from where hot stuff dropped on her when I was carrying her out. The other two boxer pups were fine. She is ok now though, and bears the scars of signs about how close it was for her!!

IMG_1219.jpg

Shandylyingdown.jpg

Shandy all grown up. Shandy was doing well in the showring pre-fire. I would like to show her again. she is Meg's daughter

MagicCockerApril2013005.jpg

And Magik - she is Shandy's daughter, so Meg's grand-daughter, and she has some of Meg's habits. She begins her show career in June

Edited by Jed

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/plus7/rspca-animal-rescue/-/watch/17053816/tue-7-may-series-4-episode-23/

tears here :cry: . so bittersweet to see all of those gorgeous faces.

And you didnt look like a crankypants Jed, just someone who has fought a huge battle and come through it.

Ps have you asked for copies of their unused film? It may be something you want to leave in the past though.

Edited by gillbear

Oh I missed the episode too, thanks for the link Gillbear.

Jed, like many others, I've read of your ordeal on Dol. I admire your strength in getting through such terrible circumstances and loss. And I marvel at the fact that you have retained a sense of humour despite it all.

The producers prodded me out of my sick bed and drove me for 3 hours to re-meet the dogs. I was quite keen to see them again. It was recorded in early July 2010, but has never been aired before. They edited quite a lot from it - including my telling him I had a crewcut because my hair burned off. They didn't say that, so I suppose everyone watching thought I was a prison escapee, or a bald crazy dog lady!! :laugh:

It was good to see it again. It was nice to see dear Albert. His heavy smoke inhalation lead to a murmur, and unfortunately, he left me late last year. I never saw Velvet again, the one eyed black and tan - she died (old age) before I was well enough to have her back, ditto Ruby, who didn't star in the show. Luckily these girls were together with a wonderful woman who adored them. It was sad not to ever see them again.

Poor Chi, who didn't make it to the film either, died last year, a few days before I was to collect her. She was being cared for my daughter who is the vet. She went to work one morning, leaving Chi in her bed tucked up, came home, and Chi was dead. Did a pm, could find no cause. I feel poor Chi died of a broken heart. She missed me and her friends - and could only hold on so long. But probably, with all her problems, one of them was to blame. Surprising that nothing showed up on pm. She wasn't old either. I probably should have gone to see her as soon as I returned, but I had to collect the cavs and the cockers.

It was so sad that the 3 girls died before I saw them again. However, it was marvellous to have dear Albert back - he was very naughty when he was away, and he was just so delighted to see me again, he became my shadow, and he never did anything naughty again. It was so sad that he passed early.

It wasn't too horrible watching the film - I thought what an old skinhead cranky pants I was. However, the film was in the past, so not too traumatic. So sad that everyone was seeking Magnus, and he was in eternal sleep with his friends.

Lots of other things have happened,but that's the doggy news to date. None of it good!! Bella the baby boxer is now a big grown up boxer, with scars over her flank and up her side from where hot stuff dropped on her when I was carrying her out. The other two boxer pups were fine. She is ok now though, and bears the scars of signs about how close it was for her!!

IMG_1219.jpg

Shandylyingdown.jpg

Shandy all grown up. Shandy was doing well in the showring pre-fire. I would like to show her again. she is Meg's daughter

MagicCockerApril2013005.jpg

And Magik - she is Shandy's daughter, so Meg's grand-daughter, and she has some of Meg's habits. She begins her show career in June

Jed, when I started this thread, I didn't want want to post your username, in case you were unhappy about the thread & people knowing who you were.

It's so wonderful you got through that horrid experience & are still looking after dogs & enjoying life, as hard as it was for you after that tragedy. :thumbsup:

Sorry to here about Chi, she was a real fighter. :cry:

Thanks, Mantis - I knew that :) No problems. I thought I should come on and say what has been happening, as some people would like to know. I could probably catch up more .... and the patchwork quilt which lovely people on DOL made goes on the bed, looks marvellous, and makes me remember all the wonderful people on here who were so caring, and gave me a such a lift.

Chi was a dog with a huge personality, a pit bull in chihuahua clothing!!

Thanks everyone :)

Edited by Jed

It's so wonderful you got through that horrid experience & are still looking after dogs & enjoying life, as hard as it was for you after that tragedy.

I am lost for words after veiwing the video :cry:

So glad you came through this horendous ordeal and RIP those who whent to the Rainbow Bridge

Please everyone

Check your smoke alarms.

Check the batteries in the torch and keep it in grabbing distance next to your bed.

Such a tragedy.

I would have died without the start the fire alarm making horrible noises to wake me up gave me.

Forgot the g irl - Bella/Phoenix. Sorry about the blurry photo, but it does show some of the fire scars. She has grown up to be a nice girl. I intended selling her, but she is the only boxer I had at that time.

Bella is a little nervous of strangers.

Marjorie is not at all good with strange men .... I suppose all those vehicles, bells and whistles, strange people tramping all over, the sirens - the lights.. what a shame. Never mind. Everyone else is fine

Bella-largerphoto.jpg

And the original thread, which went from May to November 2010. But it is 241 pages

http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/195764-women-injured-and-animals-killed-in-overnight-fires-caboolture-qld/

Edited by Jed

The thing that bemuses me is that the RSPCA guy on site says dogs are suffering from smoke inhalation and he has to get them off to the hospital. Well, stop gabbing at the bloody camera and leave.

To read Jed's post here, you'd think she had a bit of the stint in hospital, waltzed out, collected the dogs and got back into life again. No mention of the weeks in a coma, excruciating pain, skin grafts, learning to walk again, pain pain pain pain and then more pain. And not to mention struggles with authorities trying to get her home rebuilt.

Not many of us would have come through.

She should be cloned :thumbsup: We need more like her.

Poor Chi, who didn't make it to the film either, died last year, a few days before I was to collect her. She was being cared for my daughter who is the vet. She went to work one morning, leaving Chi in her bed tucked up, came home, and Chi was dead. Did a pm, could find no cause. I feel poor Chi died of a broken heart.

I'll never forget the pic of Chi, in her 'pyjamas' in the foster-home she was first taken to. I think it was in Kingaroy.

She looked so snug & warm, with her tiny face sticking out.

To read Jed's post here, you'd think she had a bit of the stint in hospital, waltzed out, collected the dogs and got back into life again. No mention of the weeks in a coma, excruciating pain, skin grafts, learning to walk again, pain pain pain pain and then more pain. And not to mention struggles with authorities trying to get her home rebuilt.

Not many of us would have come through.

She should be cloned :thumbsup: We need more like her.

Thanks, DD. Still can't move properly, still have ongoing issues from grafts and burns, still have back pain from lying still for so long (although I am sure I was turned), will never work again ........ some psychological issues, and maybe ptsd. Still on lots of pills --- this healing doesn't happen in a second, but seeing that film showed me that there had been some improvement ... well, I have hair now, and proper eyebrows and eyelashes. And I don't fall over as regularly as I used to. I am gradually recovering my strength, and I can now prune larger branches than I could, and slide the couch across the floor.

I am grateful for all my friends .... and really ... for what the RSPCA did .. my dogs were better for the RSPCA intervention.

No point in snivelling, it was my choice..... it is what it is.

Edited by Jed

Poor Chi, who didn't make it to the film either, died last year, a few days before I was to collect her. She was being cared for my daughter who is the vet. She went to work one morning, leaving Chi in her bed tucked up, came home, and Chi was dead. Did a pm, could find no cause. I feel poor Chi died of a broken heart.

I'll never forget the pic of Chi, in her 'pyjamas' in the foster-home she was first taken to. I think it was in Kingaroy.

She looked so snug & warm, with her tiny face sticking out.

Chi was a very special little dog. I am sure she was sent to me to grow my soul. Now over the bridge with the others.

I am so pleased there is a photo of the bridge ready for them to cross.

Thanks, Mantis - I knew that :) No problems. I thought I should come on and say what has been happening, as some people would like to know. I could probably catch up more .... and the patchwork quilt which lovely people on DOL made goes on the bed, looks marvellous, and makes me remember all the wonderful people on here who were so caring, and gave me a such a lift.

Chi was a dog with a huge personality, a pit bull in chihuahua clothing!!

Thanks everyone :)

Im so glad you still like it the kids still mention it every now and again love em

No point in snivelling, it was my choice..... it is what it is.

Jed, I don't think you could have lived with yourself if you hadn't made those choices. We would all like to think we would be as brave as you, however I'm not sure we would all have it in us ..............

Stay strong - I hope you continue to make small improvements and find something to smile about each day :)