Please Delete

I'm a little bit speechless and she is clearly off her rocker. How dare they threaten and intimidate people to do their bidding! Who made them the Rescue Gods? Dictatorship anyone?

The only positive thing I get out of this is that they have so much anger inside them they probably lose sleep every night trying to come up with ways to dominate the world. That's got to be giving them all frown lines and dark circles under their eyes at the very least!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All in the hands of all Lawyer now.

Very sensible. You're also doing a valuable community service by making that move.

Agreed. Would be great if we could get an update once she has experienced the consequences of her behaviour. Who behaves like that, seriously. Maybe a call to a mental institution would be in order as well....

I'm prepared for a caning here but she's only 27, and she's done a VERY stupid, career damaging and ugly thing that she's going to have to face up to.

But falling into the PR model of doing things and regretting it later has happened before to older and wiser people than her. She needs a reality check but also a tiny bit of understanding (and I say this with no sympathy if that makes sense), it's the way they work, and the way volunteers are pushed to get dogs moved no matter what. It's cult-like.

I'm prepared for a caning here but she's only 27, and she's done a VERY stupid, career damaging and ugly thing that she's going to have to face up to.

But falling into the PR model of doing things and regretting it later has happened before to older and wiser people than her. She needs a reality check but also a tiny bit of understanding (and I say this with no sympathy if that makes sense), it's the way they work, and the way volunteers are pushed to get dogs moved no matter what. It's cult-like.

I'd agree with you except I have no doubt she has not learnt and the behavior will continue. She only apologized when she realised she might get in trouble, not because she thinks her behavior was inappropriate.

I'd agree with you except I have no doubt she has not learnt and the behavior will continue. She only apologized when she realised she might get in trouble, not because she thinks her behavior was inappropriate.

Yes, learning comes with time and experience. She will have to answer for her actions. And she will regret what she has done, not necessarily in the short term though.

I'd actually agree with you. She's shown a staggering lack of judgement and sensitivity, but my experience with people who are very passionate and commited, but not very thoughtful (or bright), suggests that they respond to any criticism with anger out of all proportion to the nature of the criticism, because in their highly coloured world, you are attacking their central reason for existence. It becomes a very much, "the whole world against us" kind of thing, which is typical of immature young people, even if they seem old enough to know better.

Pound Rounds people seem prone to a kind of hysterical sentimentality that is ripe grounds for offensive self-righteousness - their leader promulgates the idea that all other rescues are doing it wrong.

I'm uneasy with the idea that you'd intervene into someone's professional life because of something they'd done in their personal life. We all make mistakes in our personal lives, and sometimes say nasty and intemperate things. A better approach would be to just tell her she was rude and badly behaved and you want nothing to do with her, or her organisation in the future/

If Ms Bellamy is the future of our legal representation, then methinks we may be in BIG trouble... *grin*

I thought they taught much better debating skills than bullying and calling rude names in legal studies... maybe she was sick that day? Seriously, who wins an argument by resorting to those kinds of tactics?

Also, no lawyer worth their salt would ever commit such dialogue to written communication - be it on paper or electronically transmitted like in an email...

If she'd like, I'd be happy to give her a crash course in internet communication and dialogue - dog knows I've gotten plenty of experience via many contentious debates right here on DOL... lol!

T.

This behaviour is not confined to PR although they are the closest and most immediate threat to Australian rescue, it is a growing trend across the world in rescue and among those that push the anti breeder wagon. Some of the overseas ones I have had conversations with are quite simply batshit crazy and they manage to cultivate the intensity in those they get to follow them. It is very cult like. One USA rescuer told me they have agents/followers ( will try and find the exact words she used), here in Australia who investigate and report back to them and act on their behalf. These sorts of groups and their fans are a very serious threat to genuine rescue. The best thing that could happens is legal action when there is definite solid evidence like what has happened here, sadly a lot is written on forums and fb and the like but is deleted.

Actually, unless she has written to sas as a representative of her legal firm, she may just get a "wake up" slap on the wrist from her employer if reported.

Many young people today just don't think about any possible repercussiions for their more stupid actions - mainly because society tends to let them get away with being egocentric little shits for way too long. At 27, she should understand that there WILL be repercussions for her more stupid actions.

T.

I don't think it's about rescue as such, it's about a cause that insufficient personalities can use to inflate their sense of self-worth. Being a keyboard warrior for animal rescue is all about the drama, and not about having to get your hands dirty. The concurrent rise of rescue and social media has given these people a cause to justify their hysteria and a medium they can use without actually having to talk to people or get their hands dirty.

I'm old enough to have been on the internet back in the days when news groups were the latest thing (LOL) and it wasn't that much different really.

This behaviour is not confined to PR although they are the closest and most immediate threat to Australian rescue, it is a growing trend across the world in rescue and among those that push the anti breeder wagon. Some of the overseas ones I have had conversations with are quite simply batshit crazy and they manage to cultivate the intensity in those they get to follow them. It is very cult like. One USA rescuer told me they have agents/followers ( will try and find the exact words she used), here in Australia who investigate and report back to them and act on their behalf. These sorts of groups and their fans are a very serious threat to genuine rescue. The best thing that could happens is legal action when there is definite solid evidence like what has happened here, sadly a lot is written on forums and fb and the like but is deleted.

She told someone to kill themselves. That is terrible and as someone of her own age even at my depths of anger and spouting a lot of angry shit I have never said that because it's disgusting and I know better. :mad

... and we spend so much time and energy trying to shield our children from internet bullying... but forget that adults are doing it to each other too.

T.

She told someone to kill themselves. That is terrible and as someone of her own age even at my depths of anger and spouting a lot of angry shit I have never said that because it's disgusting and I know better. :mad

And if she tells someone to kill themselves, and that person isn't very stable and It's the last straw for them?

It's OK, she's only young. She will learn when she's older how to treat people. 27 is not young. 27 is 20 years past learning to treat people with a shred of decency. By 5 years of age you know there are consequences when you do bad things. She's a little beyond that age.

And if she tells someone to kill themselves, and that person isn't very stable and It's the last straw for them?

It's OK, she's only young. She will learn when she's older how to treat people. 27 is not young. 27 is 20 years past learning to treat people with a shred of decency. By 5 years of age you know there are consequences when you do bad things. She's a little beyond that age.

Exactly. We have no idea what others are going through and how they truly feel, we have to be so careful to build people up not tear them down with our words.

I would normally agree with not dragging her working life into personal life dramas, however in this instance she has used her working life to intimidate and bully. She is also bringing her employment into disrepute by linking it in such an appalling way.