Hows This For A Puppy Farm

sheena

how is this not against the law. it bloody well should be!

The proposed laws in some states are making these kind of places legal & the only place that will be able to produce pups long term. They may make them tweak things a little.

People owning & breeding a small number of dogs in the house as loved family members will be against the law. Seems to be what the public wants & approves.

Stupid, sad & sick isn't it all.

Weird Isnt it. This is what the old and the new laws are making legal?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is disgusting! Look at the scale of it icon_smile_mad.gif I feel like phoning Ray White and putting in a massive complaint… how can the agent even contemplate advertising the property as he did and using those words "Easy to learn and operate, this has been both an income stream and hobby for a long time" Grrrrrr.

Hilarious really, that lady in liverpool isnt even allowed to breed even one puppy or her rent will go up and she labled as a commercial kennel which of course is no longer allowed in a residental area.

This place is the future.

Well unless you are willing to embrace a future with no dogs? Considering the trouble that chap who wanted a APB pup went to go get what officially cant be born anyway. (isnt it law all adults must be desexed?) Joe public doesnt care a zilch whether its chipped vaccinated or even 8 weeks old, he wanted a pup, he found it, considering it was one of ten, the breeders made a tidy sum for food outlay only and early sale, ie 6 weeks, but at least he then proceeded to get it chipped and vaccinated. Which I for one laud him for.

Edited by inez

This is disgusting! Look at the scale of it icon_smile_mad.gif I feel like phoning Ray White and putting in a massive complaint… how can the agent even contemplate advertising the property as he did and using those words "Easy to learn and operate, this has been both an income stream and hobby for a long time" Grrrrrr.

Put in a complaint about what exactly? If the franchisee underquotes massively for the auction you can complain but to insinuate he has done something wrong according to the real estate institute is pretty silly. His job is to sell a property for the vendor. Like it or not, he's doing his job.

Lots of tin and wood, not much shade , the dogs are sitting under the sheds on stilts to get out of the sun, there are no beds inside them from one view.

The little kennels look aweful, not much protection from the elements in them.

I see its all just freshly mowed, they clearly don't have a trimmer, wonder what it normally looks like.

The house looks odd, like its not lived in, almost looks like a holiday let.

Lots of tin and wood, not much shade , the dogs are sitting under the sheds on stilts to get out of the sun, there are no beds inside them from one view.

The little kennels look aweful, not much protection from the elements in them.

I see its all just freshly mowed, they clearly don't have a trimmer, wonder what it normally looks like.

The house looks odd, like its not lived in, almost looks like a holiday let.

I thought that same about the house.

Like it is there but not used.

Maybe they dont live on the property? they only have the 'breeders' there?

Put in a complaint about what exactly? If the franchisee underquotes massively for the auction you can complain but to insinuate he has done something wrong according to the real estate institute is pretty silly. His job is to sell a property for the vendor. Like it or not, he's doing his job.

OK well if you agree with how this property has been advertised then that is your personal opinion however, I believe it is unmoral to promote puppy farming and to me this has been advertised purely for this purpose.. without much focus on the actual property or land! - That is his job.. not to sell a puppy farming business.

OK well if you agree with how this property has been advertised then that is your personal opinion however, I believe it is unmoral to promote puppy farming and to me this has been advertised purely for this purpose.. without much focus on the actual property or land! - That is his job.. not to sell a puppy farming business.

ok then complain Let us know how you go. Ta.

ok then complain Let us know how you go. Ta.

No need to be sarcastic. I won't be putting in a complaint, I am not that type of person, I said it makes me 'feel like I should' - that is how upset I am about it. Yes it's probably not the agents fault and I'm not really blaming him, but he could have worded it differently. I am good friends with a lot of real estate agents, in particular ones from this agency so I will talk to them about it when I see them next. I don't see why people have to target certain posts or feel they need to negatively comment on what someone writes. Everyone has an opinion, there is no need to write such comments.

I don't support puppy farming, but it is perfectly legal business regardless of what we think. And they have every right to advertise is as such.

And, it looks like it will be the only way the dogs are bred in the future. Sad, but true.

Caveat: I have not read the whole thread, just the last couple of posts.

Sail Away, have you been in touch with the RSPCA? Now I haven't got the foggiest as to whether or not that would do anything except ask you for a donation, but that might be an avenue to pursue.

You could also approach your local council, State and Federal MPs to talk about the situation and maybe have something done on the grounds of animal welfare.

While I dont support puppy farming, it certainly doesn't look like the horror story puppy farms I've heard about and seen previous photos of.

Agreed.

Nice grassed runs, kennels set up high.

As much as I hate to agree, my first thoughts were along the same vein.

I don't agree with large scale commercial dog breeding but it's not illegal.

There are family pets who probably aren't as well housed as these dogs appear to be.

If you want to object to the practice on moral grounds, go right ahead. However complaining to a real estate agent for marketing the property is ludicrous - there are no laws being broken here. :shrug:

Like I said I am not going to put in a complaint, that is just not me. If I left that word out we wouldn't be having this conversation. I'm pretty sure people complain all the time on issues which are actually legal!! Do they get anywhere.. sometimes not but I certainly wouldn't be the first to think of this. Perhaps it is something the RSPCA would like to be aware of, in the photos it does look like an nice setting with the land and creeks but there is no way to tell via a few photos of how the dogs are kept and cared for. I am on your side guys, I am against puppy farms, sometimes sitting back and just accepting something as the way it is or we can't do anything about it will never change anything. I do hope someone responsible buys this property and the dogs all go to loving homes.

Like I said I am not going to put in a complaint, that is just not me. If I left that word out we wouldn't be having this conversation. I'm pretty sure people complain all the time on issues which are actually legal!! Do they get anywhere.. sometimes not but I certainly wouldn't be the first to think of this. Perhaps it is something the RSPCA would like to be aware of, in the photos it does look like an nice setting with the land and creeks but there is no way to tell via a few photos of how the dogs are kept and cared for. I am on your side guys, I am against puppy farms, sometimes sitting back and just accepting something as the way it is or we can't do anything about it will never change anything. I do hope someone responsible buys this property and the dogs all go to loving homes.

No one said anything about accepting the existence of puppy farms. If you want to change this, you need to target and change the law that permits it, not target people who simply happen to be marketing a property.

I get your point SA. Unfortunately the people/organisations who are in any sort of position to campaign effectively against this type of stuff don't seem to genuinely do it.

I don't agree with categorising dogs as breeding livestock - no matter whether the conditions are OK or not.

I don't agree with categorising dogs as breeding livestock - no matter whether the conditions are OK or not.

That is the most confronting part for me. I know it is legal but it saddens me that people are ok with treating pets as livestock. I would have thought that selling dogs in pet shops was decreasing. More and more 'pet shops' are opening that don't sell animals. Aren't people becoming more aware? Surely there wouldn't be much of a market for this type of 'farming' business.

Edited by Tintin Jac

That is the most confronting part for me. I know it is legal but it saddens me that people are ok with treating pets as livestock. I would have thought that selling dogs in pet shops was decreasing. More and more 'pet shops' are opening that don't sell animals. Aren't people becoming more aware? Surely there wouldn't be much of a market for this type of 'farming' business.

No I don't think they are and where is the information being put out? Its not. Beside some random occasional stories on The Project you never see any targeted programs aimed at informing the general public. Without that there will never be a push for change. Organisations such as RSPCA should be funding an advertising campaign making people aware of the existence of these places. You would think it would be in their interests to try and reduce the number of dogs coming to their shelters. Just having some statement on their website is not enough. Many people don't care where the pups in pet shops come from but many do and many more would if they knew. How can this "farming" practice be justified when over 250,000 healthy dogs are put down every year? Its absolutely obscene and shameful.

No I don't think they are and where is the information being put out? Its not. Beside some random occasional stories on The Project you never see any targeted programs aimed at informing the general public. Without that there will never be a push for change. Organisations such as RSPCA should be funding an advertising campaign making people aware of the existence of these places. You would think it would be in their interests to try and reduce the number of dogs coming to their shelters. Just having some statement on their website is not enough. Many people don't care where the pups in pet shops come from but many do and many more would if they knew. How can this "farming" practice be justified when over 250,000 healthy dogs are put down every year? Its absolutely obscene and shameful.

The only program is the Oscars Law shebang, which is just a lot of shouting and rabble, not awareness raising IMO.

Intent is fabulous, follow through is nada.