Hows This For A Puppy Farm

sheena

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those photos would make anyone with an ounce of humanity weep. How frightful.

Imagine the kind of tool who would buy that?

"Council approved"

Sellng to pet shops

Yes, there certainly is something wrong with this country

how is this not against the law. it bloody well should be!

The proposed laws in some states are making these kind of places legal & the only place that will be able to produce pups long term. They may make them tweak things a little.

People owning & breeding a small number of dogs in the house as loved family members will be against the law. Seems to be what the public wants & approves.

Stupid, sad & sick isn't it all.

and low operating costs

This is the bit that really got me.

Just disgusting. They would willing hand of their dogs to the first person with the cash, but not only that are happily advertising them to be bred to death and boasting about their wonderful turn over and client base - enought to amke you cry.............

If they are selling it as a WIWO (Walk in walk out) deal then using pet boarding facilities as similar you would be looking at 1 - 2 million dollars. (Yep have been researching lately). That locale is blooming hot in summer and freaking freezing in winter so little metal huts won't provide much of buffer from the elements.

It's a pity a reputable rescue can't set up a fund raiser to try and purchase the property, I for one would make a donation. When is the selling of puppies in pet shops going to stop !!!

While I dont support puppy farming, it certainly doesn't look like the horror story puppy farms I've heard about and seen previous photos of.

Agreed.

Nice grassed runs, kennels set up high.

In my mind, that doesn't make it ok though. I can't see that, even if the living conditions are sort of passable, pups could get anything resembling a good start to life.

While I dont support puppy farming, it certainly doesn't look like the horror story puppy farms I've heard about and seen previous photos of.

Steeled myself to look at the ad & photos. Ok its not luxury but I have seen registered breeders facilities that have been far worse than this in the media.

People also export their entire dogs to countries where they know that they are kept in far worse conditions than this, with no laws about it at all.

The concept of the business is upsetting but at least the dogs aren't crammed into tiny filthy cages with no light or air. They can move & with the right bedding could be warm in winter. Not sure how they would be in excessive heat. They may be brought inside for births & with small puppies, one hopes.

Damn thing its not illegal & isn't likely to become so as long as they pay tax, council permits & follow the rules. Maybe if puppy sales in pet shops are banned they will go out of business. One can dream I guess.

Agreed.

Nice grassed runs, kennels set up high.

Nuh! Disagree.

Cheap and nasty if you look closer. Just a lot of tin and wood. It wouldn't win any awards.

And where's the plumbing? In other words it's illegal.

Buyer beware.

Might go and have another look at it then!

OK I'm back. Being very serious here - what do you think a place like that could go for at auction? Wouldn't it be great to buy it, get hold of their client list and then do something naughty with it!

What would those small green kennels in a long line be for? I'd hate to think the dogs spend their time in boxes of that size rather than those runs. As for the exercise area there is a distinct lack of urine stains on that grass. Perhaps you only get to visit it on your birthday?

Considering thats exactly what both the existing and the new laws are aiming for get used to it.

There will be two options within the next 15 years. BYB's and places like that.

I know 4 registered breeders have decided to give up. The last lot of scare mongering and that questionair that blind freddy can see is so biased, had been too much to take.