Would You Guys Go To The Emergency Vet For This?

Inka3095

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you go back to the vet ... get a full blood profile done too ... this may show if there is something weird happening .

4 days on , and she should be trouble to keep settled !

the internal stitches may not suit her at all :(

I would also insist on a scan.

Not likely but it can happen even with people. Things can accidently get left inside them.

Something that hurts her when laying down may move when she stands up & not be so bad.

Chance in a million but it is possible & the only way to find out is to scan her.

Poor dog. Hope you can get some practical help. Something is not right.

Guest donatella

The best person to see today if you can is the vet who performed the op :)

Edited by donatella

...and before the vet suggests sedation , finding out WHY would be my first task ...

Yes, seems something isn't right. It's not normal for the dog to be in so much pain for 4 days, could be a stitch catching like someone said, make sure they check her out properly and not just give you extra medication. Good luck.

Guest donatella

IF the vet wants to sedate and rexplore the area I would not see the problem

Totally, I just meant that I wouldn't go along with sedation only. Sedation and exploration is all good.

Right on sista :thumbsup:

Problem was, I really feel the vet last night didn't take me seriously when I explained that she hasn't been off her feet (unless co-coerced) since the Op. She placated me nicely "well I'm sure she's snuck a few naps here and there' and didn't really want to discuss it much after that. I am so worried about Cinder, I think she just saw me as a hysterical pet owner.

I'm waiting on her vet who did the Op to call me at the moment because he's booked out today. I guess if he's concerned he'll make room for us?

Problem was, I really feel the vet last night didn't take me seriously when I explained that she hasn't been off her feet (unless co-coerced) since the Op. She placated me nicely "well I'm sure she's snuck a few naps here and there' and didn't really want to discuss it much after that. I am so worried about Cinder, I think she just saw me as a hysterical pet owner.

I'm waiting on her vet who did the Op to call me at the moment because he's booked out today. I guess if he's concerned he'll make room for us?

what about another vet at the same practice? All her notes will be there. And there is no saying what the vet who did the OP may think anyway, he might be like the ER vet.

Guest donatella

You've done all the right things Inka :)

I am interested to hear what this vet says.

That sort of attitude is just so condescending :mad . I hope the operating vet FINDS time for you.

ETA: Years ago a vet called me "a bit of a neurotic mother". I wish now I'd reported her to the practiice owner. The dog I was supposed to have been neurotic about died at three and a half of congestive heart failure :mad:mad

Go elsewhere is you are given the run around and made to feel hysterical. Just not right.

Edited by Danny's Darling