Mismatches - Choosing A Dog

*kirty*

Found this great article about choosing the right breed of dog called 'Mismatches'. I haven't copied and pasted because it's quite long. Couldn't help but laugh at this comment:

"And then there is the jogger I know who got a greyhound and was saddened by his dog’s lack of interest in jogging, especially if it was raining or wet or cold or snowing or too hot or windy or at night or in the daytime."

http://dogsinthepark-suenestnature.blogspot.ca/2013/05/mismatches.html?m=1

Edited by *kirty*

Found this great article about choosing the right breed of dog called 'Mismatches'. I haven't copied and pasted because it's quite long. Couldn't help but laugh at this comment:

"And then there is the jogger I know who got a greyhound and was saddened by his dog's lack of interest in jogging, especially if it was raining or wet or cold or snowing or too hot or windy or at night or in the daytime."

http://dogsinthepark...atches.html?m=1

Why does that make me think of Stan? :laugh:

"And then there is the jogger I know who got a greyhound and was saddened by his dog's lack of interest in jogging, especially if it was raining or wet or cold or snowing or too hot or windy or at night or in the daytime."

http://dogsinthepark...atches.html?m=1

Why does that make me think of Stan? :laugh:

:laugh: I thought of Stan too!

Good article. The ideas that what a dog looks like to others is most important, or that size and coat are the main differences between breeds, or that all dogs are equally likely to behave in one way or another, get a lot of people making mismatched choices I think.

And yes, I thought of Stan too :laugh:

Edited by Diva

All of mine would rather be on the couch than doing anything strenuous... and they aren't Geryhounds either...

... but Stan definitely sounds like my kind of lazybones dog for when I retire or get too old and decrepit to have something active... lol!

T.

The words that stood out for me in that article were "what do I need in a dog", not "what do I want". Very enlightened concept. :thumbsup:

Obviously, having a list of wants is necessary, but as very clearly set out in that article there is a helluva lot more to consider than just "wants".

"And then there is the jogger I know who got a greyhound and was saddened by his dog’s lack of interest in jogging, especially if it was raining or wet or cold or snowing or too hot or windy or at night or in the daytime."

http://dogsinthepark-suenestnature.blogspot.ca/2013/05/mismatches.html?m=1

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I believe I have a spot in the Stan queue too????. Jakes job is to amuse me and make me active, he slightly over achieved in the active part. Why would anyone want a difficult dog though?

Edited by hankdog

It's taken living next door to greyhounds for me to find out what they're really like. As opposed to all the beliefs floating around .... which I once had, too. Great dogs, by the way, but very different from what many people think.

Great article & I agree it should be shared around.

Edited by mita