R I P Old Bernie Cat

persephone

Bye, Old man .. you were getting so feeble , had trouble holding on when you needed a toilet , and just couldn't eat enough to hold weight. It was time.

For 14 years you have been our gorgeous noisy boy ..the only cat who knew a nursery rhyme , friend to all the dogs , and Mum's old mate when she was so ill.

1012200_10151528625114007_1581320734_n.jpg

1001527_10151528616454007_1591821047_n.jpg

RIP beautiful Bernie, I sometimes think the silence is one of the hardest things when a loved one must leave us. Higs to you and your furry family.

Please tell us more about the nursery rhyme mention when you feel up to it Pers, it sounds interesting.

Di

RIP beautiful Bernie, I sometimes think the silence is one of the hardest things when a loved one must leave us. Higs to you and your furry family.

Please tell us more about the nursery rhyme mention when you feel up to it Pers, it sounds interesting.

Di

Thank you.

We never did video it :( ..

we used to hold out a hand , and recite "this little piggy".. he would lick the fingers , ignore the one who "got none" and then at the last one "This little piggy went "wee, wee all teh way home "..he would chew that finger .. :)

he did this most of his life ... it was his ' party trick' :)

hamlet & he were such good mates .. used to clean each other , and curl up together ... Mind you, bernie would curl up with any dog friendly enough . This Winter he was continually not far from a hot water bottle or heated throw , or a brick heated all day , and wrapped well at night in his bed ...

he was so picky with food .this past year .... roo mince by the bucket ful ..then it would be a scrambled egg craving, then bacon fat ...oh. no. today I want cream and mashed potato ... oh, and cooked chops , not raw ... A rabbit please- fresh ..oh, and could you chop up the organs for me ..I'll eat them seperately , thanks. Are you having fried rice ? yes please, I'd love some ... and the chicken in soy . ...milk rice & cinnamon ..YUM . ....and so on ....

Pers, the nusery rhyme party trick must have had everyone fascinated, it is funny how most pets develop a "thing" that is theirs. Our Jack Russell's trick was to play dead when we pointed our finger at him and said BANG. He would hit the floor so quickly and stay so still until we released him, but of course we taught him that. We never got it on video either :cry:

Thanks for sharing that special memory.

Di