Widget: From Big Belly To Babies!

Kirislin

Stunning... and Marcus is a very good sport... lol! Let him know that the ladies of DOL are grateful... hehe!

The babies are starting to resemble little doglets now... and look so healthy and shiny... an awesome job is being done methinks...

T.

What a clever, funny friend :thumbsup:

Thanks for the photographs is Mr Gorgeous-but-Taken. :laugh: :laugh:

He's not taken as such but I always tell him he's got a harem. Lots of women ringing him up multiple times per day. He somehow manages to keep them all happy and none of them have scratched each others eyes out.........yet.

Stunning... and Marcus is a very good sport... lol! Let him know that the ladies of DOL are grateful... hehe!

The babies are starting to resemble little doglets now... and look so healthy and shiny... an awesome job is being done methinks...

T.

they're really starting to grow now, any day, perhaps today, they will pluck up the courage to leave the whelping box and start to explore their world, and then I'm in for a world of pee and poo! They have put a couple of paws on the lino but then step back. I'm trying to leave them alone for a while so Neko can get used to her new abode in peace and quiet. She was a bit unsettled last night, poor darling.

oh :) THE hands have a gorgeous pair of eyes to go with them :) Thank you Marcus.

Obvious!! LOL>

Love the pixie ears photo :D

Thanks for sharing, Kirislin

Yes he's got lovely green eyes as well as those beautiful hands.

They are so precious!

So are Black and Seal the only two dark colours that are registrable?

We aren't allowed to describe them as seal, they'll have to be called Black. I'm pretty sure the girl I'm calling Mystery is a dilute but I dont know if she's really blue, she might be a dilute of seal, but if that is the case she will still just have to be called Blue.

These are the only options we have to write on their pedigrees. "Black, blue, cream, fawn, red, white, or any of these colours broken with white. White dogs may be broken with one of these colours."

so we cannot call them seal or sable or so many other colours they come in. I've seen so many different shades of fawns, and dilute versions of them as well. I've seen IGs that are almost siamese cat marked with light bodies and darker legs. I've seen bronze coloured IGs, I've seen heavily sabled fawns that are so dark they look almost black, but you'd either have to call them black, which they are not, or fawn, which they dont look like. It's pretty confusing and the standard is very restrictive. Anyone researching colour in IGs would find it impossible.

I know of a lady who imported an IG and she had to change the colour on the pedigree because Australia wouldn't allow the correct colour to be recorded.

Look back at Arkey when he was born, he looked like a sable fawn to me, at birth but he changed so much to a rich reddish gold. I'm not actually sure what Marcus eventually registered him as, it would have been either red, or fawn.

Thats kind of disappointing really. Is there any movements on trying to get the standard less restrictive on colours? Especially if other countries allow them, and the colours aren't harmful in any way? But I suppose that opens a whole can of worms.

They are so precious!

So are Black and Seal the only two dark colours that are registrable?

We aren't allowed to describe them as seal, they'll have to be called Black. I'm pretty sure the girl I'm calling Mystery is a dilute but I dont know if she's really blue, she might be a dilute of seal, but if that is the case she will still just have to be called Blue.

These are the only options we have to write on their pedigrees. "Black, blue, cream, fawn, red, white, or any of these colours broken with white. White dogs may be broken with one of these colours."

so we cannot call them seal or sable or so many other colours they come in. I've seen so many different shades of fawns, and dilute versions of them as well. I've seen IGs that are almost siamese cat marked with light bodies and darker legs. I've seen bronze coloured IGs, I've seen heavily sabled fawns that are so dark they look almost black, but you'd either have to call them black, which they are not, or fawn, which they dont look like. It's pretty confusing and the standard is very restrictive. Anyone researching colour in IGs would find it impossible.

I know of a lady who imported an IG and she had to change the colour on the pedigree because Australia wouldn't allow the correct colour to be recorded.

Look back at Arkey when he was born, he looked like a sable fawn to me, at birth but he changed so much to a rich reddish gold. I'm not actually sure what Marcus eventually registered him as, it would have been either red, or fawn.

Thats kind of disappointing really. Is there any movements on trying to get the standard less restrictive on colours? Especially if other countries allow them, and the colours aren't harmful in any way? But I suppose that opens a whole can of worms.

A breeder I know tried to get other breeders to support a petition she wanted to get going and send to the ANKC which I posted on DOL and facebook and got no interest so she never sent it. Apathy :shrug:

That second to last photo is the epitome of motherly love. :heart:

How are they all settling in to their new accommodation in the laundry?

Really well now. Poor Neko was stressed the first night but now I think she likes it. Much more away from the other dogs but once the puppies are exploring more they've got plenty of lino to pee and poo on and came come up to the kitchen and talk to the dogs through the baby gate. Actually they can probably still walk through the bars of the baby gate if they tried.

I wish I could take better pics and spend more time editing them. My back is sore so I just take what I can and then bulk edit. That photo is too noisy and I've lightened it alot from the original, but I just cant sit down for long so that's the best I can do. It is so sweet though. I love Nekos expression and pose.

He was such a champ yesterday. He made an area outside puppy safe, because any day now they will be wanting to explore. I had a barricade that I'd picked up in hard rubbish a few years ago and it had sat around unused but too handy to throw out. Finally it's been put to really good use. It has a gate in it, so Marcus had a brainwave to use it to block an area off beside my water tank, but when the puppies are big enough I can open the gate and they will have access to the front yard. I might take a photo when it's light enough so you can see what I mean.