Another Dog That Needs Rehoming......

I am moving house over the next few days and last week when I met my soon to be new neighbour, he told me that a few months ago he was asked by an acquaintance to provide temp care for a dog for a couple of weeks. He stupidly said yes and now the owner doesn't want the dog back. He is unable and/or unwilling to keep the dog any longer - he has apparently had her now for a few months hoping to find her a home but with no luck. He is now considering sending Sally to the pound. I have asked him to wait a little while before doing this so I could ask the wonderful people on DOL if anyone can help her, but I'm not sure how long he would be willing to wait.

As said above, her name is Sally, and that is almost all the information the neighbour has about her. My neighbour thinks she is some sort of cattle/working dog mix but is not sure. He also thinks she may be anywhere between two to five years old, but it's just a guess. I personally doubt if she is any older than that, but I'm just guessing too. He believes that she is NOT spayed, vaccinated nor micro-chipped but doesn't know for sure. Unfortunately she was in season recently and a neighbourhood dog jumped his front fence and he thinks the dog [a Labrador/Golden Retriever type] had his way with Sally, so there is a possibility that she may be pregnant.

She is apparently good with other dogs but we don't know what she is like with cats or other pets/animals. She is generally very timid with people but can be very affectionate once she trusts/is comfortable with you.

I'm hoping that a rescue group here may be able to take her or tell me what else I could do to enhance her rescue options. I've taken a few photos of her to give a better idea of her type and size. Again, I really hope someone can help her, she is too sweet to be taken to the pound. :pray:

Sally1.jpg

Sally2-1.jpg

Sally3.jpg

Sally4.jpg

Sally5.jpg

I'm really hoping someone can help her! Pleeeeeeaaaaase! :thanks:

AWDR or SLk Cattle Dog Rescue. She looks a darling - I'm a bit smitten with the little Kelpie X types. She looks a bit like my late Rupert who was a Kelpie Whippet X.

Poor girl, on a chain too .... Hopefully a rescue group can urgently stop that pregnancy.

Whoops. Just noticed she's in Victoria. In that case try Farmdogz. If she gets desperate give us a hoy, we're a bit full but could maybe squeeze her in if things are desperate. Farmdogz are a good bet though, and they're not that far away from the area I don't think.

AWDR or SLk Cattle Dog Rescue. She looks a darling - I'm a bit smitten with the little Kelpie X types. She looks a bit like my late Rupert who was a Kelpie Whippet X.

Poor girl, on a chain too .... Hopefully a rescue group can urgently stop that pregnancy.

Iggy Mum, I was thinking about you yesterday and wondering what you are up to. Seems like still being the good neighbour to dogs in need :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Any chance of getting Sally to the vet immediately, just in case she is pregnant?

I am happy to contribute towards her immediate spaying.

Hi Danny's Darling, good to hear from you. I will ask my new neighbour tomorrow how long it's actually been since she was in season and see if a vet visit could help. Thanks for your offer of assistance, I'll let you know what happens.

My thoughts too. Hope she doesn't spend her days and nights like that.

Thanks for caring, but Sally isn't chained up very much at all. Today, apparently, she has been inside my neighbours house in front of the fire. She was only put on the chain that day so she could be contained long enough that I could get the photos of her. As I said, she is very timid, especially with strangers, so putting her on lead/chain was the only way I could get close enough to photograph her. But she did eventually let me pat her and she even gave my hand a few licks in the end. As I said, she is a sweet and gentle girl.