I Year Ago I Got The Phone Call

casowner

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is an absolute sweetheart, Azure on the other hand is not at all tolerant to strangers. I call them my silverback and my cheetah, Azure stalks and outsmarts prey with mental and then physical prowess but can be subject to near misses. Wolff assesses with precision, gives physical cues and if the response is not as desired explodes with unparalled brute force. Wolff is the perfect dog for me, he keeps me mentally aware and is also good company. Azure and I are finally developing a deep bond too but it is different and I can finally say that I appreciate her for who and what she is. I spend my life thinking ahead and planning because I am a responsible LGD owner, I do not take any action lightly because I know there will be a reaction.

I look ahead to see possible scenarios and try to prevent them from happening as I know what could happen and I also know what a reactive CAS is capable of. Jake was slightly reactionary, Wolff is more stable but that means when he reacts he does it with full force. For example if he sees what he perceives as a threat he will warn, then eliminate but he has great nerve and does not react prematurely and considers the risk before that reaction. Azure reacts without pause with noise and physical reaction, she has great agility and stamina and will waste/exert it in a situation. Wolff has strength and agility but delays reactions until required and so when he does bark I react. Wolff's behaviour is very purist in the way that CAS should be, this is probably the working lines that he comes from overseas. He is maturing much faster than Jake with his CAOdom and will be an absolute mountain of a guardian

They are guardians but I am a custodian which is a huge responsibility, they have both thrown challenges at me which at times have been difficult (yes Wolff I am looking at you and your attention barking for 4 days) but we work through them and I have 2 amazing dogs that I treasure. It is a privilege to live with a dog such as Wolff having the ability to learn through watching simple or subtle cues and reactions, to see how primitive his reactions are. I am honoured to be their custodian and I am a proud advocate of his breed

Edited by casowner

He is an absolute sweetheart, Azure on the other hand is not at all tolerant to strangers. I call them my silverback and my cheetah, Azure stalks and outsmarts prey with mental and then physical prowess but can be subject to near misses. Wolff assesses with precision, gives physical cues and if the response is not as desired explodes with unparalled brute force. Wolff is the perfect dog for me, he keeps me mentally aware and is also good company. Azure and I are finally developing a deep bond too but it is different and I can finally say that I appreciate her for who and what she is. I spend my life thinking ahead and planning because I am a responsible LGD owner, I do not take any action lightly because I know there will be a reaction.

I look ahead to see possible scenarios and try to prevent them from happening as I know what could happen and I also know what a reactive CAS is capable of. Jake was slightly reactionary, Wolff is more stable but that means when he reacts he does it with full force. For example if he sees what he perceives as a threat he will warn, then eliminate but he has great nerve and does not react prematurely and considers the risk before that reaction. Azure reacts without pause with noise and physical reaction, she has great agility and stamina and will waste/exert it in a situation. Wolff has strength and agility but delays reactions until required and so when he does bark I react. Wolff's behaviour is very purist in the way that CAS should be, this is probably the working lines that he comes from overseas. He is maturing much faster than Jake with his CAOdom and will be an absolute mountain of a guardian

They are guardians but I am a custodian which is a huge responsibility, they have both thrown challenges at me which at times have been difficult (yes Wolff I am looking at you and your attention barking for 4 days) but we work through them and I have 2 amazing dogs that I treasure. It is a privilege to live with a dog such as Wolff having the ability to learn through watching simple or subtle cues and reactions, to see how primitive his reactions are. I am honoured to be their custodian and I am a proud advocate of his breed

What a beautiful post.

And gorgeous dogs too :)

Thanks, he is pretty awesome and so is Miss Azure she is one of the most attractive dogs I have met and her brain is finally connecting with her body :laugh:

These are a month or so old when he was exploring our new house

The luck dragon

post-23033-0-92962700-1392373260_thumb.jpg

Found poo........must roll

post-23033-0-27383000-1392373305_thumb.jpg

Scottsmum I get a bit nervous when I see her head in his mouth but most of the time it is his ears in her mouth :laugh:

Edited by casowner

Thanks, he is pretty awesome and so is Miss Azure she is one of the most attractive dogs I have met and her brain is finally connecting with her body :laugh:

Scottsmum I get a bit nervous when I see her head in his mouth but most of the time it is his ears in her mouth :laugh:

Dont blame you for being nervous - but pups will be pups :)

• 3 months later...

1 Year ago today I got the message that I had to been waiting nearly 3 years for, my CAS puppy had been born and my Jake was an uncle. I was so overcome with emotion that I had to pull my car to the side and sat there for 10 minutes sobbing, grieving for my Jake and so very happy to finally have a part of him back in my life.

My not so little puppy today on his birthday, I love my Wolff with all of my heart.

Pic of my son Luke to show the size of the kennel and cave, we had the kennel custom made for Jake

post-23033-0-69315700-1402393822_thumb.jpg

post-23033-0-69591000-1402393672_thumb.jpg

OH.My.GOODNESS!!!

ermmm..whatever happened to that oh so cute puppy ???

I LOVE that first image - he looks like some giant dog with feet up on someone's HOUSE.

So glad he has grown into such a solid and wonderful boy, and that he brings you happiness and good memories, cas.