Rip Joey Our Sweet Little Man 4th Sept 2013

julesluvscavs

I want to say so much about our beautiful gentle Joey, but its still very raw and it hurts me too much. You can read more about what happened here if you haven't already. Thank you to Everyone who has passed on their condolences to my husband and I already in that thread. thanks.gif

Its certainly something we hadn't expected., and I thought I would be doing this post for his 11 year old Mother 'Renae' first..

He had only just turned 9 last May. He was actually born the same year my husband and I were married, but earlier on, 2004

He had the sweetest, most well mannered nature and everyone who had met him said that about him and loved him. There was always a very special presence about him.

He was very a tuned in dog with a lot of things as most people will know from my past posts about him. Just over 2 weeks ago my mother in law passed away and around the same time she had (unbeknown to us at the time) He jumped up and started making strange noises.. We found out early next morning it was around same time she passed away around 3.30am. I do recall looking at my clock at that time because he had woken me/us up!

It was fate he came into our lives many years ago. We had started looking around for Cavalier puppies (I had wanted a Tri Colour one) and we went looking at a dog show with intentions of talking to some breeders and expressing our interest for a puppy. There was one breeder who did have a Tri colour puppy available for us to look the following week at..

As we were about to leave the show grounds , a breeder we had talked too recommended we that we should go meet and have a chat with this other breeder there. So we did. She didn't have any upcoming litters planned at that stage, but did have a young Blenheim Male Cavalier 'Joey' up for sale to the right people, and he was there with her. He had been shown a few times but wasn't showing much interest in it.. Well it was love at first sight, he was gorgeous. I think he was about 14 months at the time (cant remember clearly atm). She had other people that had expressed an interest in him but shes very fussy and hadn't been keen on any of them. Joey took to us straightaway, and we played with him for a while. She said she would have a think on it and get back to us that night. We really were hoping she would, and she did ! It was a couple weeks later we went and got him. We had another dog at the time 'Jenna' which some dolers will remember. She was a Kelpie x red heeler and they became the best of friends. Unfortunately a few years down the track Jenna developed cancer and had to be given her wings crying.gif Months later Joey's breeder rehomed us his Mother 'Renae' and they have been a huge part of each other lives ever since.. until now :(

We were fortunate enough that we were able to get the vet to come to our place and give Joey his wings here in his home. Renae had a chance to say her goodbyes before and after. Joey is now buried under our trinket love tree. A friend is buying us a rose bush called Just Joey .. Its an Apricot colour. Joey was a Blenheim colour cavalier, so very appropriate. His registered name was Rivarose Just As I Am 'Joey'. I'll post a pic later when i get it and plant it in his little special area.

Its a very heartbreaking time as I'm sure most of you would have experienced in your lives with your own furbabies.. I just want him back in my arms :(

Even in his last few hours He still wagged his little tail at me..

My husband is taking it very very hard as he had just lost his Mother not long ago and now Joey. Joey and my husband had a very special bond between them. My husband took him for many walks and drives in our 'big red car' as Joey knew our car as .. Our Cavaliers have always been a huge part of our every day lives.

I had often thought the reason young Miah has come into our lives is because of Renae leaving us soon ..(Renae had been quite ill at one stage) little did we know it was probably because of Joey leaving us ! Miah was also born on our 8th Wedding Anniversary last November and will be a 1 year old on our 9th one this Nov..Her litter mates were born about a week earlier than their due date , I think she came into our lives at the time she did for a reason, a beautiful and precious one at that.

I've got millions of photos of him to treasure forever..

ppjl.jpg

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs

I am so sorry Jules. Joey was one of those 'dol dogs' who everyone knew and loved.

Thinking of you

(Sorry I rushed to type and wrote Renae instead but I hope she is coping ok)

Edited by CBL

I am so sorry to hear of Joey's passing :( I remember him from way back, back when I was on DOL more than I am now. I always loved looking at any photos you had of him and Renae and they always brought a smile to my face. He was a gorgeous little man. Big hugs, take care of yourselves *hugs*

RIP Joey :rainbowbridge: