Dog Found 18 Months After Being Euthanised

Boronia

Maybe the death certificate is what we know as the permission form?

after two of my dogs passed within a few days of each other.. i had just paid the registration renewals a month or two earlier. When is spoke with my council they asked that i provide a death certificate from my vet.. who provided one dated the day they signed it but stating the date that Jake and the Divine Miss Sophie had been euthanised..

as it was in a form syle i imagin it is common

H

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

being there or not is a very personal thing. One that I personally think is not for anyone else to judge. I always am other people can't do it.

agree.. it is harsh to expect that all people are emotionally able to stay with their dog whilst it is being euthanised..

I have stayed with all bar 1 of mine and i still feel like i betrayed him

H

My vets send a notification to CAR (NSW Companion Animals Register) when they euth any dog with a chip... that way the animal is listed as deceased on the chip register, and I think they inform council as well.

I've never been offered a death certificate for any of my dogs, but then I've never asked for one either.

T.

It does happen Alison03... there are people out there who believe that if it has a pulse, it must be "saved"...

T.

Those "animals before humans" types no doubt, the ones who try to make us feel guilty about breathing air because we are so horrible we don't deserve it. As much as I prefer my dog to some people, I would never knowingly put another person in peril to try to save a dog that had proved itself to be dangerous. I've seen some episodes of the Dog Whisperer where he has done just that, tried to rehabilitate a dog and "encourage" a family to persevere with a dog they are obviously deathly afraid of, makes no sense to me at all. : (

Very sensible I like your post :)

It does happen Alison03... there are people out there who believe that if it has a pulse, it must be "saved"...

T.

Those "animals before humans" types no doubt, the ones who try to make us feel guilty about breathing air because we are so horrible we don't deserve it. As much as I prefer my dog to some people, I would never knowingly put another person in peril to try to save a dog that had proved itself to be dangerous. I've seen some episodes of the Dog Whisperer where he has done just that, tried to rehabilitate a dog and "encourage" a family to persevere with a dog they are obviously deathly afraid of, makes no sense to me at all. : (

Very sensible I like your post :)

Thank you : )

• av-908.jpg
  • Dog Owner / Maremma Addict

• user_add.png
  • email_open.png

• State:QLD

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:45 PM

snapback.pngOSoSwift, on 02 October 2013 - 10:38 PM, said:

being there or not is a very personal thing. One that I personally think is not for anyone else to judge. I always am other people can't do it.

agree.. it is harsh to expect that all people are emotionally able to stay with their dog whilst it is being euthanised..

I have stayed with all bar 1 of mine and i still feel like i betrayed him

H

Agree totally. Whether or not the owner's stayed with the dog while she was euthanised is beside the point.

According to the owner's story, she was billed for the procedure.

Aside from the fact that the dog wasn't euthanised, what astounded me in the vet's story was: "He said the dog was then treated by a new owner and later rehomed multiple times but transfer of ownership details were never completed, leaving Ms Wainwright as Sasha's registered owner." (My underlining.)

https://www.townsvil...90070_news.html

Here's the article, sounds like the vet is in damage control. He says the total opposite to Sasha's owner.

The spokesman here doesn't seem to be a vet. He's called Mr Richards, not Dr. Richards, and described as a manager. Is this a franchise vet practice?

He is also described as a managing director, which means he could be the owner or part owner of the practice. Whatever the case Mr Richards will probably have a vested interest in sorting out this problem. For the sake of credibility it would be better if the vet in question came forward for an interview, but if Greencross Vets has had legal advice and I'm sure they have, the actual vet will have been told to say very little.

Edited by Alison03

I think the AVA should be revoking licenses for this.

The AVA has nothing to do with licensing veterinarians. They are an optional membership body that can make suggestions but cannot enforce law or really chastise vets for bad behavior. The Veterinary Practitioners Board in the state is in charge of licensing and it's not national as yet, that still seems a long way off. Problem is it's pretty hard to get a vet deregistered since there is not really law about it. As much as those printed off pieces of paper seem to count they're not worth a pinch of poo at the end of the day be it death certificate, vacc cert etc. I can make you a dozen tomorrow if you like as there's no officially recognised way of verification.

Greencross is a massive franchise that is looking at purchasing another 200 clinics around the country and has shareholders to answer to.

Greencross is a massive franchise that is looking at purchasing another 200 clinics around the country and has shareholders to answer to.

That line right there would mean I would never go to one unless there is no other choice at all - scary!

That line right there would mean I would never go to one unless there is no other choice at all - scary!

They're about profit. Unfortunately a alack of regulation in 'care' industries allows this to happen. I wouldn't go either.

Yep. You wouldn't ever even catch me dead in one of those places.

Me neither and I worked for one for a short time.

Me neither and I worked for one for a short time.

All the more reason, I gather. Ick.