How To Rehome?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was terrific, Leema. Can I suggest just a couple of little tweakings?

I would change the shot of Bandit after the words about him waiting to the one where he is lying down and looking pensive or the one at about 3.47mins into the video. I watched it again and it is head shot - gorgeous.

I would also combine the various activities such as playing on the couch with the blue ball, at the water with the other dogs, and playing with the little pup and not show different aspects of the same games in the second half of the video. I would also caption where he gets right down on the ground so the pup can play with him. I think dogs who do this have an extra softness about them.

He is a lovely dog. Maybe he was meant to stay with you :laugh: :laugh:

Edited by Danny's Darling

The profile (on PR) seems very much aimed at just one group of people (tradies) and that may be putting people off. It reads to me like that's the only sort of home that suits him.

But having said that, I've had dogs for over 12 months before finding them the right home so 6 months doesn't seem that long for a less desirable type. I had a stunning black boy for 12 months who was an absolute sweetheart of a dog- perfectly dog social, gentle, loved cuddles but we had basically zero interest in him. He ended up going to Aidan Bindoff's brother which was a brilliant home. Sometimes it really does pay to be patient.

Thanks for positive comments on the video, and for those who have shared it. It's been seen by something like 200 people, which is cool.

Bandit's PetRescue profile has gone through a lot of changes. The current one (targeting tradies) was one PetRescue wrote for him and then promoted him on their page and their newsletter.

I worked out I have spent about $240 on advertising this dog. :( Ads on Facebook, Gumtree, and in the local paper.

I want to make a flyer for him to put around the place, but I do find lots of places seem to take pet-advertisements really quickly in my local area. But that's the next plan of attack.

Do you have iCloud?

I used iCloud pages to do a flyer for Zippy - they have loads of templates and it is super easy to use.

You just choose a template, change the photos and words to what you want them to be and then email it to yourself as a PDF or word doc..

rdcp.png

I made this flyer.

If anyone would like it, just email [email protected] and I'll send you the .pdf back.

Bandit also had a brief moment on the Project 'whip around' in Adelaide on the Friday night last week, but of course who used the opportunity to woof and shy at the camera (he's a confident dog and that's the first thing I've seen him spook at!).

Firstly I wouldn't think he is a medium dog, but a large. I find the write far too long, if I was looking for a dog would turn off very quickly and move on to another dog, just my opinion, I prefer them to be short and sweet, say the facts.

As with others 6 mths isn't that long, I have quite a few longer then that, just to find them the right home.

Bandit now has his own Facebook page.

Here: https://www.facebook.com/adoptbanditsa

Thanks so much! I was wondering where all the FB likes were coming from.

I keep saying with his PetRescue profile: I change it all the time. Sometimes it's long, sometimes it's short. Sometimes it's more a bio, sometimes it's more wordy, sometimes it's first person, sometimes it's not.

The current profile is what PetRescue wrote for him, so it's going to stay like that for a while.

• 4 weeks later...