52/2014

gapvic

I resize my photos to web friendly sizes before I upload them to Flickr or Photobucket also... faster uploads that way... *grin*

My photos are resized to 1024 pixels on the longest side - which I do with a free program called Easy Thumbnails. I save the resized photos to a different directory than the originals so they don't overwrite the originals with the smaller version... alternately you can add a prefix or suffix to the filename so they save nicely in the same directory and leave the originals intact.

Can't wait to see your pics FF!

T.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We had a bit more fun today than last week! I just took my little point and shoot, so nothing spectacular. We met up with my parents and their dogs at the beach (1 x deaf and senile old lab and 2 x mini schnauzers) poor Nala was scared of them, she has obviously forgotten that Benji the schnauzer was her best friend a month ago :( We haven't seen them since she was about 9 weeks old. This shot is her chilling by the creek with my handsome husband (who needs a haircut) :laugh:

67680ffb-d321-4289-b58e-782afb122d38_zps26a10819.jpg

Technical Difficulties...trying to remedy by learning Flickr :laugh: Ok I use the BBC code, whatever that means...

Photos from my world

1/52

Tonka Close-Up Portrait 1

11880899763_dc39047f77_z.jpg

DSC_0013 by christinerjudd, on Flickr

2/52

Penny As Lounge Lizard 1

11880979583_af316c8a5a_z.jpg

Penny As Lounge Lizard 1 by christinerjudd, on Flickr

This is fun :thumbsup:

Edited by Flying Furball

This whole section is an absolute wealth of info and inspiration...you guys have created an amazing resource on here!

I am currently reading through the Past Challenges and was interested to look at the Rule of Thirds...I think I have naturally operated on that with compositions.

I am already aware of the challenge of getting things in focus, plus played with editing on Flickr with the above Tonka shot because I think it may be too dark. Would you say my week 1 portrait of Tonka is too dark? I actually discarded most of my shots because many were out of focus when I saw them on screen.

FF - to me it's a touch dark and looks like the camera dropped the shutter speed because of it and he's also a bit blurry.

I automatically turf anything OOF, but really - there is no one correct exposure :D I tend to lean towards the darker side.

But comparing Tonka to Penny - Tonka is dark and soft whereas Penny is a touch lighter, she's sharp and has that magic catch light in her eyes. You just needed Tonka looking towards the light (not directly, but side on is great) and it would have made a world of difference.

FF - to me it's a touch dark and looks like the camera dropped the shutter speed because of it and he's also a bit blurry.

I automatically turf anything OOF, but really - there is no one correct exposure :D I tend to lean towards the darker side.

But comparing Tonka to Penny - Tonka is dark and soft whereas Penny is a touch lighter, she's sharp and has that magic catch light in her eyes. You just needed Tonka looking towards the light (not directly, but side on is great) and it would have made a world of difference.

Thanks Huga. A project in itself...much to Tonka's annoyance I suspect...paparazzi :mad

02/52 Cold

This weeks theme on my list was Cold. Sure, that would be easy in the northern hemisphere this week... just step outside and take a photo of the record breaking snow! But given it's summer, we're more about staying cool. Nothing quite like a cool drink of water on a hot day. Sure, I'd love to have a beer or a G&T; but since I'm preggo it's off the menu for a while!

11896548225_1fb5c8ea61.jpg

02/52 Cold by LittleGreyBirdy, on Flickr

I hope you like Tiger pics - 'cos you're going to get one this week due to a spectacular photo session with Jalur at Symbio...

Do you want one of him hanging off the bungee on the 4m climbing pole - or climbing halfway up it? Or would you like one of him cooling off in the pool being Mr Too Cute For Boots?

Gotta run, have a dinner appointment...

T.