I'm In Shock My Next Door Neighbours Puppy

Rascalmyshadow

My next door neighbour just knocked on the door to get me to check their puppy, she was lying on her blanket surrounded by flies. She took her last breaths before I had a chance to do anything.

I'm so upset I told the dad on Fri to get her to the vet as she looked very unwell and of course he didn't listen!!!!!!

Edited to add: This is Leena, not a very good pic but its the only one I have. She was curled up in my lap with Rascal.

post-2356-0-35065400-1391324270_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rascalmyshadow

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

frown.gifcrying.gif Run free little puppy.

It sounds like they didn't deserve a puppy and over the Rainbow Bridge will be a better place for it. I am sorry you had to witness its passing though.

Poor little puppy :( Very sad that owners didn't take him to get adequate Vet care sooner when he obviously required it....... :mad

Very traumatic for you to witness RMS. Be kind to yourself :grouphug:

Edited by BC Crazy

My next door neighbour just knocked on the door to get me to check their puppy, she was lying on her blanket surrounded by flies. She took her last breaths before I had a chance to do anything.

I'm so upset I told the dad on Fri to get her to the vet as she looked very unwell and of course he didn't listen!!!!!!

I am so sorry :cry:.

Please report to RSPCA, AWL and council Rangers asap and document everything, dates, times, what you witnessed.

Advocating on behalf of companion animals is critical in this type of situation.

Edited by Nic.B

Those neighbours are likely to get a replacement puppy to help their grieving and it could be something contagious that a new puppy could catch. If you are comfortable telling them that then please do but I'd report it as well because it could've come from a pet shop or a BYB and they need to be aware of what has happened as well so other pups remain safe.

People just don't seem to realise that a pup has such limited physical resources if it is ill and they can die so quickly and painfully if left without proper medical treatment. RIP little one.

Thanks for the replies, we babysat her for 4 days after Xmas and she was so gorgeous. Their daughter who's is around 20 is devastated as her dad told her not to worry the dog would be fine, she arrived home to find the dog unconscious and gasping.

I believe she had swallowed something and had an obstruction, her symptoms didn't look like parvovirus,or anything similar.

I am just so angry because the father is a pastor and has the guts to preach his garbage but will then let an innocent puppy suffer and die all because of money.

Rascalmyshadow I'm so sorry they ignored you and you then witnessed the puppies death - but being a pastor and mistreating or neglecting an animal is not necessarily connected - others do it too. frown.gif As others have said, I suggest you report and see if you can find out why it died incase the pup was infectious. Take care of yourself. hug.gif