Concerns Rspca Is Destroying Pets That Could Be Kept Alive

Boronia

There is no excuse for putting down a litter of easily rehomable 4 week old Cavalier puppies - it is a waste of time, resources, and much more.

I'd say profound temperament problems or heath issues would justify the decision but without further facts, It's hard to say anything about the decision.

Edited by Haredown Whippets

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get me wrong I am not saying the RSPCA are perfect or beyond criticism or should not be accountable. I just know that until much more energy is put into the root of the causes of animals being dumped and bred in poor facilities en masse, that the wheel will keep grinding on in the same direction. The solution will never be to have better bigger facilities and procedures that can 'save more animals' ........ The animals mostly should never have been bred or dumped in the first place. That's where our real rage should be. Of course the shelters and pounds should be accountable for the animals they now 'own'. It's just a bloody huge disgrace that they need to 'own' so many.

Yes, the RSPCA should have to answer to somebody, but nothing will really change until all the people dumping animals into their facilities are forced to be accountable and answer to somebody too.

Edited by skyefool

There is no excuse for putting down a litter of easily rehomable 4 week old Cavalier puppies - it is a waste of time, resources, and much more.

I'd say profound temperament problems or heath issues would justify the decision but without further facts, It's hard to say anything about the decision.

The people who fostered the pups one is/was a ankc whippet breeder and her husband is a vet, so surely they would have picked up on things if they were there. The other thing the foster carer was told the pups and mum were put down due to behaviour issues and if you read the comments the RSPCAWA then say:

RSPCA WA | February 6, 2014 | Permalink Reply

Hi Robyn,

The allegations are completely false. The puppies were not euthanased on behavioural grounds. The mother and the puppies were part of a large scale animal cruelty seizure conducted two years ago. The case is currently before the courts.

Tragically all the puppies had significant hip, back and patella abnormalities, and were in significant pain and discomfort. These conditions were not treatable or curable.

So which is it?

--Lhok

Hip, back, and patella issues of such severity that the foster carer's husband the VET didn't notice in all the time they looked after the pups and mum?

Something isn't adding up... the career was initially told the pups were euthed on ground of temperament.

T.

So which is it?

--Lhok

Who knows? I certainly don't. But if you believe the RSPCA, they weren't put down on a whim. :shrug:

I'm not believing the RSPCA on this as there was also another senior vet that was going to take a pup too plus there is/was videos of the pups running around so unless these issues just magically appeared the day the foster carer dropped them off to the RSPCA for their check up which was part of the foster deal I'm not buying the RSCPA's story because it would have to mean that two senior vets and a ANKC breeder would have had to be seriously blind not to see what the RSPCA is trying to say was the reason. The person who fostered them was on here for a while and the story was on here but I can't seem to find it.

--Lhok

I know the situation there was nothing wrong with those puppies. The foster carers were a senior vet and a registered experienced vet nurse and breeder.

This is the pups the day before they refused to hande them back and killed them.

They first sighted temperament problems then apparently they had badly deformed spines and hips causing severe pain. They lied!

Edited by OSoSwift

and the story again

http://www.savingpets.com.au/2014/02/izzy-and-her-little-family/

The previous thread was deleted after the RSPCA threatened litigation, there is a little bit here

http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/241867-the-tail-end-s-b-s-insight-tonight/page__st__90__p__5967800#entry5967800

This coming up again is hard for Whipitgood, she wasn't going to bring it up again but if it helps then she will do it. They were shattered.

Edited by OSoSwift

The article in the OP refers to the body that can review action by the RSPCA in WA. There is a similar tribunal in Qld.

The woman has also launched civil proceedings against the RSPCA in the State Administrative Tribunal for a review of the decision to take her animals.

The matter is still before the tribunal.

Edited by mita

So the RSPCA's story changes yet again and apparently Izzy and one of the pups are still alive?? So which is it you bunch of lying pricks.

How dare you say Izzy's story is fabricated malicious and never happened. Changing your story to oh we killed three but two are alive and she is lying just makes you look like an even worse bunch of moronic dickheads.

The photo at the bottom of the article has the same parkings as the video in this thread - it's Izzy... As to when or where that photo was taken there is no mention.

I think their whole story stinks and I feel for Whipitgood that this has all come up again. I remember how hard it was on the family. :(

The photo at the bottom of the article has the same parkings as the video in this thread - it's Izzy... As to when or where that photo was taken there is no mention.

I think their whole story stinks and I feel for Whipitgood that this has all come up again. I remember how hard it was on the family. :(

If that's the case, then wow. I'm not sure if that's better or worse, but it's completely bizzare and yes, it stinks and contradicts themselves again!

I'd believe Whipitgood's version of events long before any PR bullshit from the RSPCA... remember that Whipitgood documented EVERYTHING that happened during their fostering here... and we all followed avidly.

As soon as the RSPCA got their hands on Izzy and the pups, Whipitgood was effectively completely cut off from anything to do with them, and was given a few different stories as to what happened with them at the time.

T.

Exactly!

They chose the wrong person to try and play games with! How many other people have had similar crap happen to them and actually listen to their letters threatening legal action?????

A different person sharing Izzy's story got a cease and desist letter from them and contacted the CEO and told him they could not be sued for telling the truth and she wasn't going to stop. Funnily enough they backed off.

Pack of wankers!

Edited by OSoSwift