Weird Stuff Your Dog Is Frightened Of

apocalypsepwnie

Ok so Vinnie has obviously reached the fear stage. Trying to get my OH not to molly coddle him when he flips it.

He had his first run in with a 10 week old mini pinscher which was the size of his breakfast, she was pretty bloody aggressive though.

Last night he FLIPPED IT over pizza. Yes, a completely inanimate object. I opened the box on the table so I could organise it to put it away and Vinnie was on the lounge. He jumped over the top of OH and hid behind him shaking. He wouldn't move until the pizza was gone.

Pizza. Srsly?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My boy is definitely well into his 2nd fear stage - this morning I threw his ball for him and he happily raced after it, then freaked out and jumped backwards about 3 times when he tried to pick it up. I had to go get it, and then he was fine again. He's also been freaked out by a plastic bag, and by absolutely nothing at all...

One of my pugs will walk into a room and randomly be mortal enemies with one of his toys. Any toy, and even one he was playing with earlier. But he'll bark and growl and refuse to walk past it and if I pick it up to show him, he'll jump backwards or run away. It's kind of funny because it's so random, and then a while later he'll be besties with it like nothing ever happened!

I took my kelpie for a walk in town last night (can't walk out where I live after dark). She freaked out over a sunflower growing in someone's yard and a subway napkin trapped in a rose bush. She also has a strange fear of heights, there's a wall with maybe a 1 metre drop by the river and she creeps past like she's about to fall off the side (normal footpath width) and yet happily does agility contacts with no issues or fears.

My 20kg, very tall kelpie is fearless except when it comes to a tall grey bird that likes to perch on the neighbours roof. He's hated it since he was a pup because it makes this low growling call and it sends him mental.

Guest hankodie

My boy is definitely well into his 2nd fear stage - this morning I threw his ball for him and he happily raced after it, then freaked out and jumped backwards about 3 times when he tried to pick it up. I had to go get it, and then he was fine again. He's also been freaked out by a plastic bag, and by absolutely nothing at all...

Yep, I am at this stage with Hank too aliwake. Just came back from a walk, he was fine for most of it but we turned a corner where there was a cafe with lots of empty chairs and he flipped his s***, jumping backwards and trying to get us to turn around. I just persisted and kept walking and he got over it but man does he flip over the weirdest things lately!

Miah is now 15 months old .. *touch wood* but she hasn't been through any of these fear phases i have read about .. Nothing seems to faze her at all. Might happen later down the track? Shes been outgoing and confident right the start, if anything a bit too much at times!

We have people letting off illegal fireworks around here and i thought that might upset her, but if anything she wants to get outside and look for them laugh.gif

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs

Didi doesn't blink an eye when trams and buses roar passed us when I walk her down the local shopping strip but freaks out every time we walk past a takeaway shop that has those plastic flappy things that hang in the entrance.

Sarah scares herself sometimes. Everything will be completely still in the house, with Sarah making the only noise on the floorboards and she'll jump from the sound of herself despite having just walked the length of the hallway

Rosie is scared of her own farts. They wake her up and she gets really shook up and won't go back to bed...

Gus isn't scared of much... I recall the distinct fear periods but nothing much has stuck.

I know a friend who has a cocker that's scared of a sign outside a butcher. Just a sandwich board, nothing fancy.... what the?