Photos Of Bella

grizabella

Okay..I went and looked at Saluki puppies and mature dogs on DOL, I admit it :o

:laugh: If it's any consolation, I tend to do that on a daily basis- I'd love to have a second one!

Wow, Salukis are so regal looking. Very pretty girl. :)

Do you get many people recognising her breed?

Occasionally someone will recognise the breed, and I always get very excited when it happens, but usually she is greeted with "what kind of dog is that?" or "is that a greyhound/Afghan?".

She does look quite dignified in these pictures... but she can certainly be anything but! She is either a regal, classy lady or a nutty little clown depending on what mood you catch her in.

A few more, of Bella showing her 'fun' side. :)

8061863878_1702454659_z.jpg

Play? by PTroglodytes, on Flickr

I'm sure I can see a mad glint in her eye...

8374965307_200226dff2_z.jpg

Bella by PTroglodytes, on Flickr

8459997305_bfabb862bc_z.jpg

8782347486_ea814af324_z.jpg

The little monster had jumped over the barrier at lure racing to take a short cut through the middle of the field. She seemed rather pleased with herself.

9536569728_8e560ebd5b_z.jpg

Bella takes a shortcut! by PTroglodytes, on Flickr

Hover-Saluki

11770791844_b3dbc8b033_z.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I had to laugh that she jumped the rails at the lure racing. I've got photos of a saluki doing the exact same thing at the whippet races. The day had to come to a standstill until he'd run as much as he wanted in the middle of the track and allowed himself to be caught. He used to do it every time so the always ran him last once they knew what he was like, then he didn't hold up proceedings :laugh:

I had to laugh that she jumped the rails at the lure racing. I've got photos of a saluki doing the exact same thing at the whippet races. The day had to come to a standstill until he'd run as much as he wanted in the middle of the track and allowed himself to be caught. He used to do it every time so the always ran him last once they knew what he was like, then he didn't hold up proceedings :laugh:

It was so funny! It seems, to the Saluki rules are there to be broken! She jumped the fence out of the track when she'd finished her run as well- it's a good thing she's got a good recall! Bella usually isn't much of a jumper, but I guess lure racing gets her all excited.