Most Embarrassing Things Your Dogs Do

Queen Maeby

Oh you just reminded me Terri! When we take Josie out in public on a warm day she randomly shakes her head and strings of spit go flying, I always step back but sometimes forget to warn the people standing around me. :o

Good thing Didi is more of a food drooler and doesn't do that on walks, I'd be covered in her sliminess :laugh: At the beach Didi will wander over to people and just as they lean down to give her a pat she does a huge shake and sprays them with water :o

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My old man Harley likes to get get really close to people, if you're sitting on a chair he will come up and sit right in between your knees staring into your face in rapture as you scratch his ears...

...most strangers juuuust have enough time to say "he's such a lovely dog, isn't he?" before he burps right in their face!!

My old man Harley likes to get get really close to people, if you're sitting on a chair he will come up and sit right in between your knees staring into your face in rapture as you scratch his ears...

...most strangers juuuust have enough time to say "he's such a lovely dog, isn't he?" before he burps right in their face!!

I hate it when they burp in your face :laugh:

Breeze picks up cat poop in her mouth and spits it at random strangers.

She also rolls in poop, all kinds, especially other dog's diarrhea.

She's lovely. :angel:

Oh yuck! :laugh:

Edited by Queen Maeby

Dory loves to scoot her bottom. The bigger the audience, the better. The more front and centre of attention, the better.

And the obscene look of pleasure and joy, only adds to the embarrassment.

Willow doesn't seem to have an embarrassing behavior. Unless it's enthusiastic greetings, which she seems to get away with. (I dont know how!)

So. I'll say, she steals hearts. She also prefers hanging around with the little dogs. Big dogs are scary.

And once he suddenly stopped and did a massive poo in front of a café in Daylesford, one Sunday morning, in front of all these champagne Buddhists drinking their chai lattes... You know those pretentious spiritual types?

eta

Oh and I didn't have his bags with me and I had to go inside and ask and it was such a big deal *rolls eyes*.

Edited by Queen Maeby

And once he suddenly stopped and did a massive poo in front of a café in Daylesford, one Sunday morning, in front of all these champagne Buddhists drinking their chai lattes... You know those pretentious spiritual types?

Dog poo is all natural, ommm...

Dory loves to scoot her bottom. The bigger the audience, the better. The more front and centre of attention, the better.

And the obscene look of pleasure and joy, only adds to the embarrassment.

Willow doesn't seem to have an embarrassing behavior. Unless it's enthusiastic greetings, which she seems to get away with. (I dont know how!)

So. I'll say, she steals hearts. She also prefers hanging around with the little dogs. Big dogs are scary.

:laugh:

Grover used to scoot as well but he would sit in one spot and go round in circles. He did this while we were out of course, never at home.

My vet said there was nothing wrong with him; he just liked doing it!

eta

I wish I had gotten a video of Grover scooting because it looked like he was break dancing.

Edited by Queen Maeby

:rofl: some of these are great!

Most embarrasing thing ever, was when Anzac RIP and I were out walking and crossing the road at a rather busy intersection with one of those pedestrain crossing at traffic lights. Well he decided he really had to go, the lights had run out, traffic lihts for the cars now green and my dog and i standing in the middle while he pooed. All the cars were waiting for us to get off the road... :o Gotta love dogs.

Edited by denali

Hank was a large hairy wolfy cross, at a 12 and under cricket match OH was sitting with the leash under the chair. Next thing Hank and a large black Newfie took off, cavorted onto the field and did some serious humping.

Both dogs were imeadiately the property of no one.

Gael, my very affectionate border collie girl, loves to have cuddles with people. When they are sitting down she will put her paws on their chest and look adoringly at them, kiss their face. Then suddenly shove her nose right down inside people's tops, and make VERY loud sniffing noises....

Scout, my female Brittany, loves to play rough bitey games with DiscoDobe's Elsie at agility shows, and all goes well for about 5 minutes then they get overexcited and start vigorously humping each other...

as a kid I had a dog who would roll in petrol or oil leaked on the roads. Once I was crossing a busy intersection and he started rolling while all the cars were banked up at the red lights, then the lights turned green but he hadn't finished his performance. I was screaming at him to get up but he took his time. Luckily for him and me, the drivers waited, but they weren't happy.

Sprocket, a rescue I had in the 80s, was big on doing jaw exercises with tennis balls, leaving them well coated with slime. Depositing a slime ball in a guest's lap was bad enough. Once she deposited one right into a friend's G&T.

o,k. more funny than embarrassing if you have that sort of sense of humor.

I have one that likes to pee on the footpath, won't go on the grass or dirt next to the footpath. Just squats and starts peeing, not too amusing for the people walking near us. I now take a bottle of water with me so that I can wash it away!