Lucky I Own My House

Kirislin

as the title says, I'm glad I dont rent this place. I've been out most of the day and come home to find Tag and Puck have got a 2 litre cask of OLIVE OIL!! and torn it open and spilt it on my carpet!! A great big oily puddle that I haven't even tried to start cleaning up because I've no idea where to start. The house is over 30 years old and the carpet would be the same age. I think I'll just have to pull it up. I'm also concerned about Puck because he didn't want his dinner which is unheard of. I rang the vet and asked if I should make him vomit and he said no because it's probably too late and there's a danger of aspirating into his lungs. I'm worried about pancreatitis.

Oh they also got onto the dining room table and stole the tomatoes and then sicked them up on the carpet too! I dont know what came over them today.

Thanks Hankdog, yes my whippets are gourmands.

I appreciate the suggestions here. I dont believe I'd ever be able to get it out of the underfelt but I'll try the kitty litter. I just plonked a big piece of brown paper over it for now so the dogs dont troop the oil all over the house, well, anymore than they probably already have. I might make one of those public shaming notices and make Pucky wear it while I take his photo beside his handy work and publish it for the world to see. Bad Pucky!! :mad

I was worried about him so let him sleep on my bed over night. He ate last nights dinner for brekky this morning and seemed pretty enthusiastic about it. I just hope he doesn't get pancreatitis, that is still my worry. I dont know if it would come on immediately or in a few days. Anyone know?

Oh and thankyou Riley James for suggesting house insurance, I've been insured for 16 years and never made a claim, it didn't even occur to me! :thumbsup:

Edited by Kirislin

aah me and my stupid honest nature. Damage caused by pets isn't covered. :mad I should've lied.

Change insurance companies, then make a claim a few weeks from now. Say you spilt it... :D

What's under the carpet? Wooden floor or concrete?

aah me and my stupid honest nature. Damage caused by pets isn't covered. :mad I should've lied.

Call them back

'My friend was the one that knocked it over, she just blamed the dogs, but when I told her insurance wouldn't cover it she came clean' :p

you may also need to come up with a reason as to why she couldn't have picked it up before the entire 2ltr bottle was emptied

Call them back

'My friend was the one that knocked it over, she just blamed the dogs, but when I told her insurance wouldn't cover it she came clean' :p

you may also need to come up with a reason as to why she couldn't have picked it up before the entire 2ltr bottle was emptied

A lot of insurance companies log each call even if a claim was not made to prevent insurance fraud.

It's a great way to get your coverage canceled

Call them back

I've realised I'm also not covered for accidental damage. I'm covered for fires, floods (which I dont want or need because I live on a hill but have to have) storms and a few other things, but for $1100 a year I dont get much.

kitty litter should also absorb some of the oil I believe the paper based type

Blot as much out as you can with paper towels, regular towels.

Then smother with kitty litter. Leave to dry.

Vacuum up.

Repeat if needed.

Then get dishwashing detergent & start from the outside edge & clear in small patches. Dont flood the entire stain. Work & do more as you see the stain lifting. Takes a bit of effort.

This is what I did with a one litre bottle of olive oil that I dropped & did not notice the lid allowed for seepage.

:(