Channel 7 News Tonight

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked about the plastic crates. Did you know they're not plastic crates at all, they're muttmansions, multi-storey carpeted houses! If he ever closes down that business he could get a job as a real estate description writer.

"all the dogs have access to individual open crates, individual dog houses but almost all choose to sleep in the MuttMansions I each yard, multi-storey carpeted houses."

I asked about the plastic crates. Did you know they're not plastic crates at all, they're muttmansions, multi-storey carpeted houses! If he ever closes down that business he could get a job as a real estate description writer.

"all the dogs have access to individual open crates, individual dog houses but almost all choose to sleep in the MuttMansions I each yard, multi-storey carpeted houses."

oh my dog. Really?

I believe the "mutt mansions" are a brand new addition. Eg. The first was finished 15.june. 2015 (image taken from the farmer dave facebook page)

post-51207-0-38192400-1434925259_thumb.jpg

post-51207-0-29281700-1434925799_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scottsmum

The 'multimansions' are actually different to the crates.

I wonder if a dog chooses a crate how many would leap up into the top row ones. :confused:

They probably put the crates into the runs.

I wouldn't want my dog in this sort of boarding situation but they are hardly hiding what they do.

I wonder how 'Open' crates go when they're on the 2nd tier...

I wonder if a dog chooses a crate how many would leap up into the top row ones. :confused:

I wouldn't want my dog in this sort of boarding situation but they are hardly hiding what they do.

They don't have runs, they are a free range facility.

They aren't totally free range. They do have fenced areas which I believe could be called a run, seeing as there is no set size for a run.

They aren't totally free range. They do have fenced areas which I believe could be called a run, seeing as there is no set size for a run.

Oh right, sure. I'm pretty sure crates in a fenced area still doesn't meet code or owner expectation.

Edited by sas

Cringe worthy new statement below. The autopsy did NOT say that Wags was killed by a small dog, the autopsy did not refer to the size of the dog at all. Pretty powerful small dog to do the damage it did....its sadly laughable!

So what do you think about the suggest BSL?!

Statement from Farmer Dave Dog Centre

22 June 2015

All of us here at Farmer Dave Dog Centre remain saddened and distressed by the death of Wags while in our care earlier this month. Our Centre exists for the wellbeing of dogs, and for one to pass while staying at the Centre is a massive blow to us.

The death of Wags was a tragic accident, and we are sincerely sorry for the loss of this beloved dog while in our care. Our thoughts and condolences are with Wags' owner and family at this sad time and we are in direct contact with them. We have provided to the family a copy of the full report of what happened to Wags on his last day, which has also been provided to the RSPCA and the Hills Shire Council.

In summary, while we thought Wags, a 9 year old deaf dog, was asleep for 10 minutes in the rest yard with four other dogs after active play, a subsequent autopsy indicated Wags died after a single bite and shake by a small dog, similar in size to Wags.

As a result of this tragic incident, we are currently reviewing what dog breeds we will allow into our free range facility. To assist in this review, we have sought expert advice from the senior behaviourist at the Animal Welfare League NSW, a Veterinary Behaviourist as well as from several respected veterinarians.

We welcome and are co-operating fully with investigations being conducted by the RSPCA and Hills Shire and will take on board any recommendations they make for improving our systems and processes.

We want to thank our loyal customers and volunteers for your support as we work though this difficult time. We have cared for around 3,000 dogs since opening our doors for Boarding, Training and Daycare and every dog is special to us.

Edited by sas

Oh god, they are handling this so badly. What are they thinking saying that? So many holes in the story.

If they provided a full report of what happened to Wags they would have to know what happened, so one way or the other they are still not being honest.

He's trusting that most people are stupid, will believe anything he says and can't decipher an autopsy report - if they can access it.

This wasn't done by a small dog, that is quite ridiculous - something larger and much much stronger caused those horrific injuries. There were no small dogs in the photos of all the dogs with Wags they took that day.

What a prize a--e.

Edited by Her Majesty Dogmad

The small dog at my house is 15kgs... lol!

How it seems to read to me is that the "small dog, similar in size to Wags" may have been of a particular breed type that gets a bad rap in the press... that is probably the only "small dog" I can think of that could kill with a single bite and shake...

Passing the buck... and certainly NOT taking responsibility effectively.

T.

I suspect it means they are reconsidering small breed dogs in the free range area, but who knows. The "breed" (or mix) I assume you are referring to Td is so common that I doubt they'd stop taking them for business reasons.

I'm actually a bit worried about Dave's state of mind, I hope he has some psychological support :(

ETA and he clearly needs to change things if he wants to continue running this business.

Edited by Simply Grand