Channel 7 News Tonight

I mentioned this on another thread but someone lost their dog at a centre in North West Sydney last week in an incident that should not have happened. It was then covered up by the centre who buried the dog before the owner got there.

The story is upsetting but it's important to know about these things if you are a dog owner who might be considering doing day care for their dogs or boarding at a facility.

The facility has a Facebook page and anyone who asks questions or mentions this terrible incident is blocked. The story that the centre has provided has changed considerably since it first came to light.

Edited by Her Majesty Dogmad

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds shocking & they had no right to bury the dog, unbelievable.

I think there is always a risk of injury at these kind of places. Sometimes people tend to forget that no matter how well trained dogs are still animals & the unexpected can always occur.

Edited by Christina

Some of the videos I have seen of this facility shows many many dogs running around together .... I counted something like 50 in one.

In this case, photos of the dead dog were posted on the Facebook page the day after the dog had been mauled to death.

Photos showed Cavalier with multiple, much larger dogs inc GSD, Great Dane types, Bull Arabs, all sorts. I was terrified for the little one and the fact that they put the photos on their FB page AFTER the death was unbelievable.

They buried it? What the hell were they thinking? :eek:

what I read is that they were given permission by the owner to do so and then they (owner) changed their mind

How odd :confused: I haven't seen anything about it but who drops their dog off at according to the thread title a "doggie DAY care" and then when it dies there the owner says "oh just bury it then"? Was the dog boarding for a period of time or just there for the day?

It makes me sick to my stomach. Especially the photos of so many varying sized dogs running together. Of course attacks can happen with any size dog, but I'd be concerned about a group zooming and a little one getting completely mowed down.

This is doing the rounds on facebook at the moment as Kavik said. There's a lot of too-ing and fro-ing about the differences between the owners story and the story from the centre in question. Regardless of what occurred after the fact, its a damn shame that a dog has died.

what I read is that they were given permission by the owner to do so and then they (owner) changed their mind

How odd :confused: I haven't seen anything about it but who drops their dog off at according to the thread title a "doggie DAY care" and then when it dies there the owner says "oh just bury it then"? Was the dog boarding for a period of time or just there for the day?

Just for the day. The autopsy is horrific, the poor little dog should never have been in a position to have this happen.

It was at Farmer Dave's. I saw it on Facebook too and also read that the owner originally was ok with the burial (although I wasn't clear whether they were told before or after it was done) then changed their minds. Apparently Farmer Dave said the dog just lay down on its own and died but the whole story (both sides) sounded a bit weird to me.

Eta I haven't read what the autopsy said yet, I will go and look :(

Edited by Simply Grand

there is a page on FB, that's what the owner said. It was very disjointed as you can imagine. I'm not sure who or what to believe so I stopped following it. 2 sides to every story etc

Farmer Dave has come up with a few versions. The last one I saw said that a staffy had attacked the Cavvie when it was in a pen with only 4 other dogs.

The photos they themselves posted on their FB page showed a lack of understanding of dog behaviour by putting the Cavvie at enormous risk amongst a huge pack of much larger dogs.

From my own experience of multiple dog enclosures, when a fight started it would then involve almost every other dog, horrendous.

Also, if you find the owner's FB page, there are a number of other owners coming on with their experiences which are also not good.

The owner has to take some responsibility. No way would I be leaving my dog to be run with a pack of strangers and Farmer Dave makes no secret of that fact. Photo's are all over the place of multiple dogs of different sizes running together. I am not at all surprised some poor dog has been killed.

Did anyone say - about the xrays whether those breaks were before the dog got buried then dug up or after or because of being buried and dug up? Or something else.

One of the Ch7 clips showed diggers - and if that's what they used to dig up the dog - then it would be completely mangled.

Still don't know why they buried it on site. Doesn't make sense.

It is a high risk situation and inevitable that there would be an incident when dozens of dogs run together like that. I feel for the owner as they obviously trusted a professional establishment (though as others have said I would never leave my dog at a place like that). Many owners don't realise the danger of running a group of dogs together, that's why dog parks can be so dangerous.

Still don't know why they buried it on site. Doesn't make sense.

Maybe they didn't have room at home or the ability to dig a big enough hole. It looks like a nice, farmy place so they might have thought it was a nice place to bury the dog. They were probably in a lot of shock too.