Channel 7 News Tonight

Omg he has tried to say the dog was killed in a single bite and shake by a dog of Wags equal size :mad

The dog they think killed Wags was a staffy so totally possible.

Not being said publically obviously? So I wonder what happens to the dog who killed Wags if they think they know which one it was...

I don't personally think a Cav and a Staffy are similar in size? The weight difference alone...

Edited by sas

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is she trying to find the dog that killed Wags? :confused: It could've been any dog there or even a couple of them.

Sorry but she has to take some responsibility herself IMO and finding the dog or dogs that killed Wags achieves what exactly? There is not a hope in hell I'd leave my two at this place but if I did and Maddie was running with Wags that day I could guarantee it would be Maddie that killed him. So who would be to blame? Not Maddie that blame would fall squarely on mine and dickhead Dave's shoulders I'm afraid.

Omg he has tried to say the dog was killed in a single bite and shake by a dog of Wags equal size :mad

The dog they think killed Wags was a staffy so totally possible.

Not being said publically obviously? So I wonder what happens to the dog who killed Wags if they think they know which one it was...

I don't personally think a Cav and a Staffy are similar in size? The weight difference alone...

FD said a small dog of similar size to Wags. (probably because people are cross Wags was in with big dogs)

The owner of Wags said she was told it was a Staffy. She is also saying that she was told this on June 3.

Unless some one actually saw what happened I doubt they can do anything to any dog regarding the matter. And they either didn't see or lied in the first place.

I think she's just grasping for anything that gives her closure. The sad thing is that I think if Farmer Douche had just come clean and admitted that mistakes were made - she'd have gone away quietly. Instead, he adopted the George Dubya approach and this has turned into a PR nightmare.

First rule of client relationship:

People will forgive almost everything as long as you tell the truth. If he'd said 'this was a horrible event. We don't ever want it to happen again so we are reevaluating our policies on free range dogs and retraining our staff' - it likely would be off everyone's radar by now. But he lied, pointed fingers, made stuff that could easily be disproved and look at the mess he's in. He needs to hire that creepy bald guy that managed Lara Bungle (misspell intentional).

I think she's just grasping for anything that gives her closure. The sad thing is that I think if Farmer Douche had just come clean and admitted that mistakes were made - she'd have gone away quietly. Instead, he adopted the George Dubya approach and this has turned into a PR nightmare.

First rule of client relationship:

People will forgive almost everything as long as you tell the truth. If he'd said 'this was a horrible event. We don't ever want it to happen again so we are reevaluating our policies on free range dogs and retraining our staff' - it likely would be off everyone's radar by now. But he lied, pointed fingers, made stuff that could easily be disproved and look at the mess he's in. He needs to hire that creepy bald guy that managed Lara Bungle (misspell intentional).

Yep. I totally agree that if he had dealt with it himself one on one, been up front, professional and paid all costs then I think it would be half the mess by now. He even tried to lie about the reporter leaving the gate open when the interview didn't go his way.

And now it's another lie; There's absolutely no way a dog of Wag's size or even close can snap a spine like that. And fracture the ribs so badly he would have been unable to breathe for the moments he was still aware. That is a brutal, powerful attack and none of his pointing the finger at a dog they didn't see will ever convince me otherwise. Ignore the 'staffy' word, it's just too easy, a perfect scapegoat for completely inept supervision.

How can he sleep at night. :mad

edit; autopsy specifically mentions the thoracic spine, with accompanying puncture wounds on his back and ribs broken away. Clearly from above unless a smaller dog knocked him over, went around to the hardest place to bite, then bit and shook him by the mid-spine hard enough to make a clean snap. I can't see that being a realistic scenario.

In a pack, that kind of activity would likely have set off yet more dogs too.

No mention of drags or tears or broken legs, no fatal damage to the throat or belly. No sign of multiple dog attack.

Sorry but I don't buy his story. Wags was shaken, snapped and dropped. Like a ratter does to a rat.

Edited by Powerlegs

This is going around FB now.

How frustrating is it when people accuse other people of being trolls when they themselves are being trollworthy?

The Statement from FD was:

"As a result of this tragic incident, we are currently reviewing what dog breeds we will allow into our free range facility"

So even though FD's proposed BSL is rather stupid and stems from covering ones ass rather than taking responsibility and just making some supervisory and assessment changes he tries to do a diversion tactic...this poster is saying that we shall all grrrrr at the trolls who wanted FD to take responsibility for what happened at his centre and then lying to say he won't be able to dog sports there anymore which wasn't even mentioned in the BSL suggestion *sigh*

The poster then asks where else will we do these sports? Oh I don't know....everywhere else they are done? Herding, aggressive dog classes, obedience, nose works etc etc are all done else where apart from dock dogs....and you know what those other places will actually be qualified to teach you how to do them properly!

post-4036-0-96592800-1435033636_thumb.jpg

Edited by sas

Its funny. I assumed FD meant that small dogs would no longer be allowed to be free range. To pick on larger, more traditionally "BSLTargeted breeds" would suggest he had a fair idea of what went down. No?

It actually makes way more sense to me to market the place as a space for big dogs to burn off energy

Edited by Scottsmum

I would be furious if that happened to my dog and would want exact details of everything that happened.

What I don't understand is how FD says that Wags was with only 5 dogs when there are pictures to prove otherwise? That makes no sense to me. Also if he was deaf wouldn't he need extra supervision at all times or put in with dogs which clearly wouldn't harm him?

He has set up in an area where there is alot of money and designer dogs, its a huge growing area. He is not stupid, he is after the custom of oodle owners, so saying it was a staffy and they are banning them will be aimed at that market.

I agree, he should have just said sorry, he didnt know what happened and he will review running of the free range etc etc, instead he has tried so save his own ass, lied continually, and his followers are nasty pieces of work.

He has set up in an area where there is alot of money and designer dogs, its a huge growing area. He is not stupid, he is after the custom of oodle owners, so saying it was a staffy and they are banning them will be aimed at that market.

I agree, he should have just said sorry, he didnt know what happened and he will review running of the free range etc etc, instead he has tried so save his own ass, lied continually, and his followers are nasty pieces of work.

Hrm. Ive been there, its not an oodle kind of place. It a working kind of place. It was too dirty & knock about for me. Too much mud. I cant imagine "Mrs Snob" leaving little fifi there.

I think I have the correct facebook page (Farmer Dave Dog Centre), not much flack on it but I did see that there is going to be some sort of 'fun day' and someone has written:

Yes please, I have 2 Irish wolf hounds that need to be a bit more social so would love to hear more.

yep, that'll be fun

eta: insert rolley eye man

Edited by Boronia