Vet. Fees

Just wondering what other vets charge for a single consultation for pets. I had to take Elke for a check-up, and just the consultation fee alone was $67.50. Is that a normal fee for most other vets?

There doesn't seem to be any limitations on what vets are able to charge from what I understand.

I pay $62 but I get a pensioner discount. Follow up consultations for the same problem are much cheaper. I think it's value for money. It's cheaper than getting a plumber or an electrician to your house. I pay about the same for a doctor.

$71 at my old vet back home but I had been going to him for so long he rarely charged me and if he did it was half the fee.

I only paid $35 at the greyhound vet down here a few months ago, I almost fell over!

I always wonder why some (perhaps a lot) people find the consultation fee of a highly trained profession so objectionable. What goes into their training and the set up and running cost of a veterinary clinic must be astronomical. Personally I think it's a very fair charge.

We expect our vets to be highly well trained professionals with the latest equipment in hygienic well staffed clinics etc etc.....this comes at a high cost.

I'm just talking generally, not about any specific posters here.

Big pat on the back for the vets from me. :thanks:

I always wonder why some (perhaps a lot) people find the consultation fee of a highly trained profession so objectionable. What goes into their training and the set up and running cost of a veterinary clinic must be astronomical. Personally I think it's a very fair charge.

We expect our vets to be highly well trained professionals with the latest equipment in hygienic well staffed clinics etc etc.....this comes at a high cost.

I'm just talking generally, not about any specific posters here.

Big pat on the back for the vets from me. :thanks:

+1 :)

Guest donatella

I have no idea but the last time I was at the vets for x 2 immunizations and x 2 heartworm injections the bill was $350. I have no idea what anything costs these days but I thought that the higher end for a 2kg and 4kg dog