Stop Dogs Pooping On My Nature Strip?

Two Best Dogs!

I've never been yelled at myself but then I'm quick with the poop bag so I guess no-one has felt the need. Or maybe aside from not picking up, people around here give benefit of the doubt? I'm not sure, I have yet to see someone else's dog taking a dump so idk if they'll just be embarrassed or rude if I confront. It's a ninja! Or a walk-and-pooper?

I just finished doing another load of "spray" with hopefully dog-nose-offensive eucalypt/oil/water and lavender essence now that the rain has stopped. I'll do another batch tomorrow then once a week.

MRS RB, I have heard that napthalene is bad for doggies? I don't want to harm them. Just move them along.

- - - - - -

Days with out strange dog poop: 1

Edited by Thistle the dog

I've never been yelled at myself but then I'm quick with the poop bag so I guess no-one has felt the need.

You do realise that people were yelling at us for our dogs weeing? Would like to see you scoop up a wee.

Between reading your comments, then driving home and thinking about dog poop and then typing up mine I forgot... :doh:

napthalene is bad for doggies.

Not sure citronella is good for them either.

The idea is they don't get too close - ie hint of napth and they poop somewhere else. I don't think you'd need much. You might be able to use ground pepper too.

But if the citronella is working - might as well stick with that.

Someone's dog keeps pooping on my front lawn too... I'm pretty sure it's someone regular... haven't managed to catch them in the act yet either... grrr!

T.

collect some tiger or lion wee T (surely you, if anyone, can get a bottle of this)

just spray it on the grass...that'll keep them away

Someone's dog keeps pooping on my front lawn too... I'm pretty sure it's someone regular... haven't managed to catch them in the act yet either... grrr!

T.

collect some tiger or lion wee T (surely you, if anyone, can get a bottle of this)

just spray it on the grass...that'll keep them away

Hahaha! But that may attract cats instead... lol!

T.

• 1 month later...

Update on this for anyone googling and getting this thread. It has been 43 days since a dog has pooped on my nature strip (or the neighbours!). Fingers crossed it stays like this.

An unintended side effect, less cat poop in my front yard (usually 2-3 a day the dog finds to eat. Now about 2-3 a week)

I have made a spray that is 3/4 water, 4 capfulls strong eucalyptus scented disinfectant, some oil (to keep the smell through some rain) and lavender imitation essence (250ml). Shake it about.

I spray it along the borders of the nature strip and over the usual going spots once a week or after it has rained a couple of times.

Observations with my dog is that she approaches, hits the smells, hesitates then walks around/away. Won't stop a dog with explosive diarrhoea but seems to be deterring the rest

Update on this for anyone googling and getting this thread. It has been 43 days since a dog has pooped on my nature strip (or the neighbours!). Fingers crossed it stays like this.

An unintended side effect, less cat poop in my front yard (usually 2-3 a day the dog finds to eat. Now about 2-3 a week)

I have made a spray that is 3/4 water, 4 capfulls strong eucalyptus scented disinfectant, some oil (to keep the smell through some rain) and lavender imitation essence (250ml). Shake it about.

I spray it along the borders of the nature strip and over the usual going spots once a week or after it has rained a couple of times.

Observations with my dog is that she approaches, hits the smells, hesitates then walks around/away. Won't stop a dog with explosive diarrhoea but seems to be deterring the rest

Oh that is good news! 43 days is a long time, so I reckon you've solved the problem for good.

Now if only you could make something that will stop people dropping kebabs on my nature strip :scold:

Oh that is good news! 43 days is a long time, so I reckon you've solved the problem for good.

Now if only you could make something that will stop people dropping kebabs on my nature strip :scold:

All I can think of is someone drunk walking down your nature strip with their 2am Kebab then your Dane scares the beejeebus out of them and they drop it and run away :laugh:

--Lhok

All I can think of is someone drunk walking down your nature strip with their 2am Kebab then your Dane scares the beejeebus out of them and they drop it and run away :laugh:

--Lhok

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I should leave her in the front yard one night for this to happen!

You are right about the drunk part though!

On the positive side, her 'leave it' command is so solid these days from all the practice she gets :thumbsup:

• 4 months later...

Update. After 188 days (4months23 days according to my phone) the mystery pooper/s are back. Twice this weekend!

Cause: all this wet weather lately depleted my deterrent mix so I had to google my own thread to remember how I made it.

Would recommend

Update. After 188 days (4months23 days according to my phone) the mystery pooper/s are back. Twice this weekend!

Cause: all this wet weather lately depleted my deterrent mix so I had to google my own thread to remember how I made it.

Would recommend

Ha ha ha - You're a dag TTD.

Thanks for the update :)

Edited by Scottsmum