Why Does Our Little Lunatic Not

Our youngest girl is a typical little terror (I mean terrier) has a really bad habit of trying to dig to China on the couches. We have a large backyard with plenty of places to dig but no she would rather dig holes in the blankets and cushions on the couches, if you tell her to stop she rolls on her side and dogs your leg instead.

Oh and sometimes she likes to dig in her water bowl in the kitchen as well.

Anyone else's dogs dig in weird places.

Yes, Neko and now her daughter do the same, and I too call it digging to China. Do far the puppy hasn't had access to the sofas, but she does it on the dogs beds.

Oh, and something totally unrelated, I thought you might like to see. Esmerelda's looking a bit motheaten because she is moulting.

http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/250847-widget-from-big-belly-to-babies/page__view__findpost__p__6803747

Edited by Kirislin

Our 12 month old is always digging on the dog beds. While she digs, she growls and barks and bites at them. She also does the same when she gets up on the people beds.

However, she also digs holes everywhere in the yard. You have to watch where you are walking or you'll break an ankle :laugh:

Edited by YippeeGirl

Ping used to go crazy as a puppy just digging and digging and digging on the couches, we would usually try to interrupt him and do something else. He very rarely digs outside, and I don't think I've seen him dig on the couches for at least 6 months now, I think it was just part of puppyhood for him!

Our Malt X does the same - in the corner of his pull out couch bed - we call it 'showing off'

he'll sometimes do it on his other bed or a couch too

He doesn't dig outside, but he loves to roll in dirt and hay, ugh!

Our 12 month old is always digging on the dog beds. While she digs, she growls and barks and bites at them. She also does the same when she gets up on the people beds.

However, she also digs holes everywhere in the yard. You have to watch where you are walking or you'll break an ankle :laugh:

sounds like my place

Malcolm digs his bedding but rarely anything else. He usually digs when he wants to be under a blanket; he'll either create a gap to crawl under himself or if that fails continue digging pointlessly and pausing to look at us, which is our signal to tuck him in as we've been trained to do. :laugh:

Yes, Neko and now her daughter do the same, and I too call it digging to China. Do far the puppy hasn't had access to the sofas, but she does it on the dogs beds.

Oh, and something totally unrelated, I thought you might like to see. Esmerelda's looking a bit motheaten because she is moulting.

http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/250847-widget-from-big-belly-to-babies/page__view__findpost__p__6803747

I see my ex chooky girls have friends, how are they all going? Oh and the photos of your babies are gorgeous.

I think our Chloe digs on the couch for attention from both us and the other dogs, she'll do it then look around to see who's watching.

I see my ex chooky girls have friends, how are they all going? Oh and the photos of your babies are gorgeous.

I think our Chloe digs on the couch for attention from both us and the other dogs, she'll do it then look around to see who's watching.

the girls are doing well although I had to buy 3 little chicks because I wasn't really getting many eggs from them. Esmerelda went broody so I put the chicks under her and she was rapt. She was a great mum and those chicks have now started laying. :) Betty lays sometimes too.

They definitely enjoyed having babies around, they raised a couple of clutches together, nested in the same box and would take turns being mums to all of them.

We haven't got any chooks at the moment had a rough end to my pregnancy and a lot of issues after the birth so I had to give up my chooks and bunnies I just couldn't manage everybody, I really miss them all.

Edited by Rascalmyshadow

Mine digs and snorkels in water, but it seems to be a breed thing as pretty much her entire family from the same lines does it too. :laugh: Having a shallow water bowl fixes this but I allow her to go to China in her clam shell pool or puddles. :laugh:

She doesn't dig couches but she does dig at me (and my doona) when I refuse to wake up on time, she's telling me I'll be late for work if I don't get up now! :laugh: (If that doesn't work she'll play bow and wuff at me, if that doesn't work too I've trained her to pull the covers off me. Sometimes I regret teaching her that when it's winter....)

She has only one main go-to hole that she digs to China in the yard, she's a good girl and keeps it under the hedges so it's not an eye-sore, sometimes I will fill it back up so she can dig at it again, fills her with joy. :)