Amber Isn't Well

JulesP

You could be playing me now. Not sure I would want to go from roast chicken to L/D tinned :laugh: She feels the need for me to break her cookies up too still. I got more baby food which helped with dinner tonight. The antibiotics could be affecting her too.

She is also sneezing a fair bit so I think is having a reaction to her kennel cough vac *eyeroll*

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they did although at that stage she wasn't unusually unwell. Did have a disagreement with them about yearly injections.

Didn't think it would be a good idea to vaccinate a dog with health problems full stop?

Also not good for a dog with health problems to catch something nasty when you have limited treatment options! it is a matter of weighing up the lesser evil.

Amber is going pretty well. A tad fussy with food still but she actually barked me today to get up and feed her! She just doesn't eat a heap at one meal. It is weird having a dog that doesn't just scoff whatever you give them. She might have been fussy even without the shunts, dunno. Problem is she has no excess fat so you can't play hardball with her. She has to eat or she gets sick.

It was fairly late :laugh: I've been not feeding them when I first get up but letting them have a cruise around the garden for a while. It seems to be helping with her eating.

And I think it has come back. She was a bit strange on Thursday night but normal on Friday morning. Didn't want to eat much Friday night and doing some licking. Looked uncomfortable this morning and is licking like crazy. Has some discharge. Waiting for the vets to open.