Tradie Attacked By 3 Dogs

Two Best Dogs!

Some dog owners just don't deserve dogs.

Previously involved in an attack on the owners property and they then let a tradie in without restraining the dogs? If nothing was done after the first attack (in terms of resolving the aggressive behaviour) then the owner needs to be charged.

On a different note this is probably one of the first times I've seen a newspaper use a neutral to positive photo:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/hills-shire-times/tradie-mauled-by-three-dogs-at--kenthurst-in-horror-attack/news-story/300049d80783eb76e57a248b30d8f9ba

Previously involved in an attack on the owners property and they then let a tradie in without restraining the dogs? If nothing was done after the first attack (in terms of resolving the aggressive behaviour) then the owner needs to be charged.

On a different note this is probably one of the first times I've seen a newspaper use a neutral to positive photo:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/hills-shire-times/tradie-mauled-by-three-dogs-at--kenthurst-in-horror-attack/news-story/300049d80783eb76e57a248b30d8f9ba

Except it's a picture of the wrong breed of dog!!

The attacking dogs were American staffies. I really feel for owners of Staffordshire bull terriers as dog are so often just called Staffies and they all get lumped in the same basket.

That dog doesn't look very amstaff either, more big bull breed of mixed origin.

Will be interesting to hear more as to why the dogs were loose when a tradie was there when one was already declared a nuisance

He was lucky he wasnt killed.

I met a neighbour this morning when i was out walking my dogs who told me about it, she said its 3 dogs like yours that did it. eerrrr nope.

Except it's a picture of the wrong breed of dog!!

The attacking dogs were American staffies. I really feel for owners of Staffordshire bull terriers as dog are so often just called Staffies and they all get lumped in the same basket.

Why not feel sorry for Amstaff owners as well? All 3 dogs ended up being cross bred.

http://www.dailytele...57a248b30d8f9ba

Definitely wrong breed for the story above. The story below the staffy picture regarding a separate dog attack doesn't even mention breed, which is as it should be - I will credit the paper for that - pity that using a picture of an identifiable breed spoils it.

Everyone kind of missed my point.

Arguing it is the wrong breed - whatever. The dogs involved were staffy-like. The general public doesn't really respond to the argument that they were not "Staffies" and they were actually "Staffy-Like" or "Staffy Crosses". My only point was that previously tabloid-style sites would default to the snarling aggressive stock image. They're still getting the breeds wrong (maybe) but the key difference is they are now no longer giving the readers false impressions of the breed, they are specifically including a friendly photo.

Focusing on the reporting of the wrong breed etc is kind of detracting from the discussion that should be taking place - encouraging responsible dog ownership.

Well if that is “terrible sensationalised reporting”, I’m an extra terrestrial.

It was restrained, calm and factual. I’d like to see how you’d be reacting if that was your body. That man must have been in agony and probably still is from some of those bites.

What did you want? The tradie saying, yep, all my fault, I should not have been standing there talking to the owner, and yep stupid sensational wife for crying.

Get real. :mad :mad :mad