Hard to find Corgi

rabbitnnf

I tried to contact about 10 Corgi breedesr in Queensland that list on dogzonline,buy there is zero reply one week after. Im finding very difficult to find other Corgi puppy breeder anymore.

can anyone help me if there is other way to get a Corgi puppy, im welling to travel about 150km from brisbane, as i also can pay for the fly/ship puppy cost from other state. Thank you!!

Edited by rabbitnnf

I think they are pretty hard to find.

My neighbour had 2  Cardy's who passed away and she spent months trying to get a pup last year because people go on a wait list for puppies. She ended driving to Queensland from NSW to get a pup after someone on the list changed their mind.

I would actually call and see if you can go on a wait list .

I find alot of breeders just don't bother to reply, when i was looking for my last dog all the ones i emailed didn't respond, i find it bloody rude tbh and no wonder people go to petshops.

I think there Azaih on here breeds corgi's, you could ask her.

I always reply to emails, even the one liners that say "how much for a pup". However I also note on my website not to expect an immediate response as breeding is not my business, I work several roles which often require travel and I am very busy with my own dogs/life. It might take me up to a few weeks to reply. I talk to interested people for extended periods via phone (I didn't get home from the city until 8.30pm last week after work because I took a call), organise for them to meet my dogs and even invite them to training sessions. This is all extremely time consuming and I have no problem saying after all that effort: "awesome dog owner, but not the right breed for you."

To get a puppy you need to build a relationship with me - it's about trust and understanding. My pups don't go to the next person interested. That's why plenty of people go to petshops. They decide they want a puppy on Tuesday morning and the pet shop will sell them one on Tuesday afternoon. This is not directed at anyone in this thread just to make it clear. 

And the weather is a bit unpredictable in QLD/NSW at the moment. I expect they've got other things on their minds. 

• Like 3

Are you contacting them by email or phone?  If email, did you want to share what you said in case the wording is putting them off and we can help you? 

Edited by Roova

It's about time breeders got their heads out of their arse or they will be their own downfall . 

If you put your email address on your listing and just ignore people it's rude . 

And the average joe is not savvy in the "right " questions to ask a breeder . I think I am and it's still a battle . 

When I fostered I had lots of applications for certain dogs ( purebred ones) , and even though homes were not suitable I replied and tried to steer them in the right direction .

Perhaps it's my customer service work ethic to help people and I expect too much . 

• Like 2

There is the flip side many people send emails that go to junk mail .Many people use weird hotmail/gmail addresses that go straight to junk we are very cautious opening them & i can tell you many use strange headings.

We like many also had issues with bigpond being out last year & didn't receive emails .

Phone them

• Like 1

Lots of good suggestions here. You will likely need to be on a waiting list for a while to get a corgi puppy, but a well-bred puppy is worth the wait. I would take up the offer to have your email wording looked at by members on here, as that may be putting off breeders, and be mindful of the weather poor QLDers are dealing with at the moment.

• Like 1

Here i will answer everybody's questions.

i did try to contact them both with email and phone as possible, but i still didnt get any respone as i feel very disappointed, maybe i should wait longer.

My email start with a little introduce my self, where i live,  my living environment,  family members and end with:

If possible, we would like to know about if you and your dogs will be at any shows coming up, that we can come to see you and your lovely dogs. Also we will appreciate that if we can know more about your breeding plans and one day hopefully getting a puppy from you. Thank you.
 (never ask price as a first email, i knew its really rude).
Before sendding email, i do lots of work by asking my family and seraching goolge how to write an appropriate first email to breeders. I didnt feel my email is rude (if does, plase tell me).

Edited by rabbitnnf

Hopefully it is just the weather holding them up. I also feel it is very important for breeder to reply to emails. Even to say sorry we don't think our dogs would be right for you. At least the person enquiring doesn't have to sit and wonder. Even better, suggest why you don't feel they are the right owner and try to steer them in the right direction. The dog world will be a lot better off for humans and dogs if we try to learn from eachother and help eachother out. 

• Like 2

Yes I agree it's very important for breeders to answer any emails as soon as they can. Hopefully it is the weather. As a breeder I checked all emails and answered promptly and with as much info as I could. I only encountered "problems" when I would receive emails asking specific questions and asking for photos to be sent through. I spent a lot of time answering emails and sending lots of photos and then never getting a response 

I found that quite annoying. A quick thank you for your time and effort doesn't go astray either. I believe in being nice and helping everyone. Especially if they are looking for a fur ever friend. But some people just don't respond quickly to emails so I would just phone them and have a bunch of questions ready to ask. Good luck to you

• Like 1

In your first post you said you had zero responses. In your last post you said you didn't get many responses.

Of course I think breeders should respond to enquiries but I am not so quick to judge when they don't. I had someone call me several times last week - little did they know I had been on 8 planes in 2 weeks, my frozen shoulder was playing up so badly it triggered a migraine and the hand I injured after falling on a metal post last year was sending burning nerve pain up to my elbow. I wasn't even taking calls from my boss. On top of all that, I'm trying to keep my website and Dogzonline profile up to date, train and compete with my dogs, research stud dog pedigrees and travel to meet them in preparation for my next litter, support my previous puppy buyers (this can be incredibly draining if you have even one person who is difficult to deal with), take back pups I've bred for holidays, volunteer on various dog club committees, run trials etc etc. It's not quite so simple as it sounds.  

Edited by The Spotted Devil

@The Spotted Devil just a wrong typing, lying to everyone does not help  me to find a puppy, and sorry to confuse you, hope you understand that.

thanks for everyone give me so much suggestions, very appreciate that. The main purpose for my post isnt trying to question why breeders doesnt replying, it  just a situation i am facing a difficilty to finding a puppy without breeders replying. I absoulty will wait them to respone even take weeks or months form the breeder, because i agree a well-bred puppy is worth to wait!! And i will do my best keep looking my puppy. The ability for me as a person to find a Corgi is very small, i am really hoping someone in dogzonline who knew some Corgi breeders can help me with finding a puppy, i will very happy to contact and keep in touch with them☺️

Edited by rabbitnnf

There are also plenty of puppy scams around - the grammar is often poor so if English is your second language and your email reads a little awkwardly it's possible the breeders assume it's a scam and disregard it. Particularly if you've sent the exact same email to all the breeders as they are likely to know each other and be in regular contact. I might be way off base but it's certainly possible. 

• Like 1

You have said that you are looking for a Corgi, my question is, are you interested in the Pembroke Corgi or Cardigan Corgi, they are very different, had Pembroke Corgis years ago.

• Like 1