Airtight container for kibbles

giraffez

Would like some suggestions on how you store you kibbles.  I haven’t been able to find anything airtight.  So it literally stays in the foiled bag it came in but the seal isn’t that reliable.

Even if it’s a medium size container that I can transfer some into and refill as needed would be nice. 

the ones for humans are too small and requires constant refilling.

Edited by giraffez

1 hour ago, Rebanne said:

I use a large rubber rubbish bin. Sometimes I tip the dry food straight into it and sometimes I just pop the open bag in, depending how much food I have to go in. Easily takes a 20 kilo bag but I doubt you need that size :laugh:

Yeah I got one from bunnings too.  But it’s not airtight.  I’m sure it is not fresh once it reaches the bottom of the bag

I use a decor cereal container available from Woolworths to put some in and store the rest of the food in the sealed dog food bag in the pantry.  I don't have any trouble squeezing the air out of the dog food bag and resealing it.  I then send the decor container through the dishwasher regularly.  What size bags are you buying?  

• Like 1

I find these perfect for my horse food, chook food and dog food. light enough to move and carry too. air tight, water tight and vermin proof They hold 30 Ltrs and usually sell for $15.  if the link wont open. just type in blue drum and look for these little beauties

No photo description available.No photo description available.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/265784568790461/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Abbc3077d-e69f-46f7-af77-e400a8e984f8

Edited by asal
  • Like 1

On 22/12/2021 at 8:12 AM, giraffez said:

Thank you everyone

Not having the last word, but for absolute air-tight, trawl op-shops for some old Fowlers Vacola bottles with lid, clip and rubber ring (the lids etc can also be picked up new at most hardware stores (except Bunnings I think). 

I was just given some of the rarer-numbered bottles, they still have the preserved apricots in them, probably 30 years old - although I'll be de-lidding and decanting them with a mask on just a bit south of the compost heap before doing a super-sterile job on the bottles. 

• Like 1