Deleted

DeletedUser

Well, I am sitting here reading these new posts nursing my latest bitten fingers from Strawberry.  We know why she does it and because she is a little dog, we can cope.  However ……. a Staffy, albeit a puppy now, well I hate to think of the possible and maybe probable damage when the dog is older.  Even if we know why, doesn’t mean we have to live with it.  

Logically I know what the poster should do.  In reality it is so damned hard.  I euthanised a little dog some years ago because she was elderly (which meant her rehab would be virtually impossible) and totally unpredictable and lived in a state of hyper anxiety ready to pounce.  I have photographic evidence of this turning in a flash.  

Despite knowing in  my head it was the right thing to do, my heart still hurts and wonders if I could have done more.  

I feel very sorry for Belinda, but she has to think of her baby and family.  

Edited by Loving my Oldies

Ok ,  So   you lot have wore me down ,  i came on a bit strong to the lady which i apolagised for a dozen times ,,  so that one out the way ,

Now regards the dog ,  up till now i've been accused of thinking my advice is the only good advice , i've been called aggressive , been called an idiot  , been called a dick and obviously upset every part time  pet social worker on here , even upset some because  my grammer is'nt correct ,,, well sorry for that one thats what you get when you leave school at 13 ,plus  the double digits are what my computer sometimes do ,  , sorry i know its a real problem with the world  along with my obviously bad spelling  .

So like any inteligent human being i  decided to have a think   and agree  with all you experts ,,  so i change my mind and say

Belinda . Take no notice of me  , do not get rid , keep the dog spend thousands  getting him looked at and try to fix the problem ,   I  wonder then  if in two years , you come back on here and say , Peoples , it was wonderfull   i took my dog to all these specelist it only cost me another $100 a week on my morgage

We worked it all out ,,  he was'nt getting the attention he deserved , it was fixable ,, alls we had to do  was give him a chocky buiscuit  with his hot cocoa  , before beddy bo's , and  guess what , its been wonderful ,,  he wants to snuggle up with me at bed time in my bed ,   its been such a wonderful feeling    i adopted 2 more ,  we all have a wonderful time at the park and have done for 2 years ,

However i am sorry to say ,  yesterday , , he just had a sudden little brain fart  , was'nt his fault i  run out of Tim Tams last night and he missed out , so today he was rather upset not in a good place , and he jumped on little Johnny  and  bit his face  Its Ok though Johnny will be good once a plastic surgeon    makes him a new ear ,, my poor husband though when he went to stop it  got his muscle ripped of the bone and is now crippled ,, , Boy i'll make sure i never run out of tim tams again ..

But then again,  i think about it and  say Belinda , GET RID ,   and i assure you   once you tell ANY VET  that its attacked a child  and your husband  , that vet ANY vet will put her down and sorry to say  but if  non of these others who believe its not the dogs fault will not take him  you have no choice but to put her down  so do it like YESTERDAY , or go buy  extra tim tams  . It should really be obvious how silly some of the advice you get on here is  when you have a so called self proclaimed dog social worker telling you Vets will not put it down because its healthy  thats even bigger load of rubbish than what theve been sprouting before ,

Does anyone actually believe a vet would refuse to put a dog with an history of attacking children , down because its got nice teeth and a shiny coat ,,  what a crock .

This argument reminds me of one i just   witnessed on facebook ,,  a bunch of LBGT people   were shouting down a fella who was upset , men in dresses were going to primary schools  , to teach little toddlers it was alright to  be a girl if you had a willy and it was alright for little girls to identify has a man , in fact they could be a lampost if they want , and providing they wear a dress  , boys and men could identify  with girls and use the ladies ,,  and like all nutcase groups , there was safety in numbers , they got on and abused this fella called him names said he was homophobic , and others were to scared to voice an opinion in case the nutters shouted them down .

Last you will  hear of me on the subject ,   i know i said that before but  now i'n genuinly disgusted with some of the morons putting guilt trips on Belinda to spend thousands to save this dog because it  keeps in with there moral compass ,,   only one thing too do now and thats take it  to the vets , tell him it attacks children  and see what he says.

So you decide  do you  take the advice of people who's only concern is that the dog is given a fair hearing and you MUST spend money to find the problem to appease them and do right for the dog ,  becuase they say so  because they think all dogs have rights too ,,, or  a practical , just take it too the vets surrender it to the rspca and let them do what they will ,,

Edited by coneye
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rascalmyshadow said:

How many vets do you or have you dealt with???? As someone else commented not many vets will pts a very young healthy puppy just because an owner says it bites, again especially when it is so rare to see a seriously aggressive dog that young.

Just rang 3 vets .

One said  we don't have facilities to  destroy dogs take it too the rspca .

One said  bring it in i think it will be your only choice , let the vet see her , there will be a cost involved , admitidly  that was the receptionist

One actual vet , said in no uncertain terms do not even think of rehoming this dog  if its has random has you say  , it could happen anytime , bring it in but there is a cost involved

NOT ONE yes NOT ONE  said give her a choccy biscuit  tell her not to be naughty , and if that don't work   because the respca won't take her and vets don't euthanize healthy dogs .  Just go tie her to a tree .

And more importantly NOT ONE said don't believe ya ,  your just a murderer. Umbelievable   how much rubbish people come out with because they  love animals , which is'nt a bad thing , but jeez , i  know theres enough on here  who  have no life besides there animals  that think i'm a radical   fool with no feelings .

But i can bet thers a lot more  who actually agree with me but over the years have been bullied by the few into keeping there opinions too themselves at the risk of upsetting the woke brigade of  animal crusaders ,

Can just imagine a farmer reading this  thinking gee that  pups attacked my sheep  6 times now , better  go see a behavorist and spend thousands before i get me gun ,, because i might upst some of them animal social workers ..

Funny enough though if he went and got his gun you would all say ,, OH well   poor thing but he did give it 6 chances and it was going to eventually kill the poor down rtrodden sheep and we can't have that ..

But regards a child ,, Naaw don't worry about it   take him to a behavourist ,  get the tim tams out and make the dog happy . ,,, makes me wonder do any of you have children or grandchildren other than your furry purry babies

Edited by coneye

Oh stop being so bossy Coneye.

Why should Belinda do as you say? She is her own person and kudos to her coming here to air her concerns, she now has solutions to her questions and will make her decision regardless of your nagging, please just give it a rest.

And, by the way, it is the excessive use of repeat commas that makes your posts difficult to read; not your grammar, if you search on-line there are tips on how to overcome the glitch to suit the browser you are using

this may be of some help---> link

Edited by Boronia
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Boronia said:

Oh stop being so bossy Coneye.

Why should Belinda do as you say? She is her own person and kudos to her coming here to air her concerns, she now has solutions to her questions and will make her decision regardless of your nagging, please just give it a rest.

And, by the way, it is the excessive use of repeat commas that makes your posts difficult to read; not your grammar, if you search on-line there are tips on how to overcome the glitch to suit the browser you are using

Thanks for the advice i'll also enrol in  adult school again to appease you , ,,,,  Oh Sorry whoops i done it again .

But maybee you could tell your freinds to stop reigning insults at me , i apolagised  to Belinda for my insult , i have said to Belinda numerous times   to do has she feels fit with the advice given by everyone  and i think she feels bad enough about it all anyway .

However  no one is apolagising too me for the insults they sent my way ,,  and i  can't help but respond to a bunch of people who are  just internet bullies with there own little cliquie  that shout down and insult anyone who does'nt agree with there save the dog campaigns .. 

Dispite there bullying and name calling the result is always going to be what i originally said GET RID

I suppose we'll never find out what the end result was for this pup... as the OP has deleted her user profile... **sigh**

@coneye, just because someone may disagree with you and vigorously argues their case for same, does not actually mean that you are being bullied... it simply means that you are being disagreed with and the point is being debated.

If anyone here is guilty of "bullying" behaviour, one might want to look closer to home than at those disagreeing with their opinion... just sayin'...

The fact remains that in such a young pup, an underlying physical health issue may well have been the cause for her behaviour, that once rectified may have sorted the problem. At the very least that possibility should be investigated before irreversible options get enacted.

At no point did anyone here forget that there was a 3 year old child involved, and at many points, the OP had been advised and reminded to keep the pup and child separated until she could see a vet to rule in or out any rectifiable health issue... she could just as easily make any long term decisions about the fate of the pup at that initial vet visit also. Last time I checked, humanely ending the life of an animal (in suburban areas anyways) has to be done by a vet, so she would have had to make an appointment anyways, yes?

T.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tdierikx said:

I suppose we'll never find out what the end result was for this pup... as the OP has deleted her user profile... **sigh**

@coneye, just because someone may disagree with you and vigorously argues their case for same, does not actually mean that you are being bullied... it simply means that you are being disagreed with and the point is being debated.

If anyone here is guilty of "bullying" behaviour, one might want to look closer to home than at those disagreeing with their opinion... just sayin'...

The fact remains that in such a young pup, an underlying physical health issue may well have been the cause for her behaviour, that once rectified may have sorted the problem. At the very least that possibility should be investigated before irreversible options get enacted.

At no point did anyone here forget that there was a 3 year old child involved, and at many points, the OP had been advised and reminded to keep the pup and child separated until she could see a vet to rule in or out any rectifiable health issue... she could just as easily make any long term decisions about the fate of the pup at that initial vet visit also. Last time I checked, humanely ending the life of an animal (in suburban areas anyways) has to be done by a vet, so she would have had to make an appointment anyways, yes?

Well i suppose there is other people that know more than both YOU and I , people who are employed by an organization thats been around probably longer than you or I have been born ,an organization  that employs vets , trainers  and deals with more dogs in a day than you and I would deal with in a lifetime , and guess what they agree with me   its called the rspca ,People on here INCLUDING yourself  have continually said  if the dogs took there it will be given the needle  before she got out the carpark , and rightly so , but why would they do such an awful thing   after all the experts such has you all think it should be  given more chances and see a behavourist  and the vet , with the aims of curing it .

I would suggest it may have something to do with a policy thats been implemented by pets and behavourist a lot more qualified than you and me , to not take chances with a childs life ,,  , maybee you should ring or write them and  perhaps tell hem they are dicks , or idiots and they don't know what there talking about ,, yes go tell them  that a childs welfare is not has important has  knowing for sure a viscous little biter  cannot be fixed , I may also add  a dog that at 5 months shows know fear of an adult male and attacks him  a  5 month old  dog with  instincts that actually   tell it  not just to bite  a cat on the shoulder or the  leg put to pounce on the back of its neck , has Belinda described .

Now if you can get them to publicly  admit there wrong , and publicly change there policy to  not euthanizing animals that attack children ,, i will  take out a full page apology to you  in any newspaper you like , i will also buy you that new dog you want from any breeder you like ,,  Think i will be keeping my money in my pocket though ,, because guess what when Belinda rings up the rspca  . or 9 out of 10 vets and tells them her dog randomly attacks a child  its done it  4 times  its also attacks adults and other animals ,  i am certain  there advice will be same has mine GET RID . . BRING IT IN , or take it too the rspca   where we know what there policy is , ALREADY GOT 3 OUT OF 3   shall we tyr for 10 out of 10 ,,, wil you be convinced then that spending thousands trying to rehabilitate the dog is silly

Anyway lets call it a DRAW ,,, THERE ARE TWO POLARIZING VIEWS HERE THAT WILL NEVER CHANGE ,, Your view is , simply  to try and rehabilitate  .  to see dog behavourist , vets , and Auntie Nellie up the road who does voddoo , anyone and everyone , has long has the dog gets a chance to be fixed and saved before he gets the needle . AND ITS A VIEW YOU WILL NOT CHANGE

My view is a lot simpler its simply get rid ,  after 6 chances its had enough chances , in fact i will say 6 was way way TOO MANY , so get rid  save the child , save the cat  and save any one else it may have a go at later in life , and by get rid i mean either give it too an adult with full disclosure of what it does or just simply THE NEEDLE  ,, no 7th , chance no 8th chance , no thousands spent trying to fix it and rehabilitate it , just plain and simple GET RID .

I officailly call this subject a draw , will say   it was a hard fight trying to convince you lot and i failed however , i will never give up , i will always have the same views when it comes to dogs that bite children ,, I asked my brother if i could post a pic of his arm , he said NO  ,  so i can't show the results of a dog that was allowed to run around biting people because the owner said  its not the dogs fault ,, shame that really    i think it may off shocked a few of you into being  realistic

Edited by coneye

You assume much about what people do or don't know about the RSPCA and their practices my friend... you also assume much with regards to what qualifications and actual real life experience some may have that are drawn upon when dispensing advice on certain matters... just sayin'...

Based on actual experience in the field, I can honestly say that a thorough vet checkup to rule in/out any physical health issues that may be causing adverse behaviours will not "cost thousands".

You cling to a single unfavourable reference to yourself and seem determined to perpetuate the accuracy of that reference with your subsequent postings with particular vehemence and indignation that such a reference should have been directed at you... I stand firm in my summation by the way... *grin*

This whole "debate" is moot now though, as the OP seems to have been sufficiently appalled at the vehemence of said debate, and has decided that this place is not somewhere she cares to frequent for any further help. I sincerely hope she has read and digested ALL advice given here, and takes the right steps for both the dog in question AND her family.

T.

• Like 3

You assume much about what people do or don't know about the RSPCA and their practices my friend... you also assume much with regards to what qualifications and actual real life experience some may have that are drawn upon when dispensing advice on certain matters... just sayin'...

Based on actual experience in the field, I can honestly say that a thorough vet checkup to rule in/out any physical health issues that may be causing adverse behaviours will not "cost thousands".

You cling to a single unfavourable reference to yourself and seem determined to perpetuate the accuracy of that reference with your subsequent postings with particular vehemence and indignation that such a reference should have been directed at you... I stand firm in my summation by the way... *grin*

This whole "debate" is moot now though, as the OP seems to have been sufficiently appalled at the vehemence of said debate, and has decided that this place is not somewhere she cares to frequent for any further help. I sincerely hope she has read and digested ALL advice given here, and takes the right steps for both the dog in question AND her family.

T.

She will and the end result will be what i said all along , she will get rid of the dog ,  but  i bet its still there if you want it , won't cost you thousands has you just told me  , because your a qualified dog social worker , behavourists i doubt work for 10 dollars an hr , and i doubt they will fix it in 2 sessions  so they will cost money ,, but heh , your qualified like i keep saying YOU TAKE IT  but no  you don't want the responsibility do you ,, BUT you don't mind putting the guilt trips on  this poor lady about it deserving chance 7-8 and 9 ,,, i stand by what i said she should'nt listen to idiotic advice from   lonely people who love dogs more than the human race simply because by there own admission there lonely... Good bye good night and bon voyage ,  

Edited by coneye

• Troy locked this topic