Deleted

DeletedUser

3 hours ago, Deeds said:

Yes.  The original post re biting and biting when woken dates back to Sept. 26.  And the behaviour has fully escalated since then.  

Oh, I thought it was this Wednesday just past.  Where is the original one?  

Edited:  Okay, I have found several posts about this dog.  Not good, not good at all.    :(  :(

Edited by Loving my Oldies

Alls i'm going to say is this and its simple and straight to the point GET RID   a 5 month old pup attacking a 3 year old , don't mess about get rid ,,  either put the dog down or  give it to an adult only home  BUT tell them why   this dog could grow into a killer or with the correct adult  a good dog ,, but for heavens sake you don't ;leave it in the house  with  your familly to late when it gets serious . . Ok  a lot of real dog and animal lovers will say , go to the vet , poor dog may be in pain ,    but guess what a lot of real nice people would say    Oh  Jeffrey was a real nice boy he had a few issues , but we did'nt know  or could'nt concieve  that he was going to kill 24 people , chop some up and eat them ,, what  the dogs showing bad tendencies it should NEVER be trusted with children  its  going to be a dangerous dog ,,, Jeez i've got the most gentle dog on earth   sits sucking my thumb ,, but tell you something i do not allow my 12 month old grandchild alone with him  . GET RID GET RID and Get rid again  ,, if need be ask if an adults home only on here want to take him off your hands

Sorry i thought the original post was from last wed has well ,, but if its ongoing and she has'nt done something about it ,  its simple does'nt deserve a dog because when  with one that she cannot control   and does'nt take advice she just should'nt have a dog ,,, but even more so i will say she does'nt deserve kids , any person willing to put and allow there child to be in danger  fro either a dog or a human ,, needs the child and the dog  took away ,,   so were either dealing here with a full grown nutcase   or an absolute idiot  either way  the child needs prorecting and she needs banning from owning dogs ,, kid gets killed here in  a years time , it will be no good crying then  , facts are some animals are just bad ones , and some humans are just idiots  , and a person asking advice on how to stop a dog from attacking a toddler when its done it numerous times , i just cannoptt comprehend it , its really  does'  defy  logic 

Ouch coneye! That's full on. :eek: Despite her massive stuff-up she doesn't deserve to be ridiculed on a public forum. 

Belinda74, from a rescue perspective, there's lots of staffies on death row who wouldn't hurt a fly so a dog with rapidly escalating antisocial behaviour and a history of biting children is not even in the running. Let alone a huge liability issue for anyone who owns or rehomes her. 

You have 2 options and need to make a choice.

Sorry to rub salt in the wound but she's your dog and your responsibility. 

• Like 3

On 10/11/2022 at 10:19 PM, belinda74 said:

What if there really IS something wrong with her? What if we get a behaviour expert & meds etc and for an while everything SEEMS to be going along ok but then one day she just snaps. Except then she’s bigger & stronger. What if she has some neurological problem that is leading to this behaviour? 
The simple answer is you dont trust the dog so no amount of work going forward will work & if the home is the wrong fit its not fair on anyone.
If the dog has issues then you have to make a hard choice ,some just arent wired correctly & the best thing is PTS .
Whilst dog is young Thyroid issues can cause aggression,liver issues etc  but there is aggression,AGGRESSION & reaction .

We did not get her from a registered breeder. She came to us through a person I worked with who said that her cousin’s dog had a litter of English staffy puppies. There was one little girl left who desperately needed a loving home. The other 5 had all found homes. I was told that both parents had papers but the puppy did not. I had been wanting a staffy puppy for years & I fell in love with her little face, so I agreed to adopt her. I THOUGHT I was doing a good thing by giving a home to a puppy in need. In hindsight, I now realise that it was probably a heart decision & not a head decision. I have no idea about her background or breeding. She could be inbred for all I know. 

The person who bred her is still a breeder & comes under that under consumer law,registered or not .
They have bred a product & liable for any issues from that breeding Oopps litter doesnt make you immune from liabilities & responsabilities .

But in your case yes you didnt buy with your head which is a red flag when you have a toddler.
Not every pup is best fit for a toddler & that is where a breeder knows there puppies & what there natures are like growing up & assessing the pup to the home or in a good ethical rescue knowing which pup /dog is what .
A puppy doesnt want you to feel sorry in given it a home a puppy wants to be the right fir for the home it humans expect it to grow up in with all the right management plans factored .
I do believe your home has failed this puppy on numerous occasions & the puppy is now at a stage of having to protect itself even though the situations dont always require it BUT a medical reason should always be factored whether that be hearing,eye sight ,soreness brain   or illness.
Fear just like in humans can make you do stupid decisions or have an imagination of things being far worse .
puppies & dogs are no different & cant tell you but watching there body language ,ensuring there safely managed especially around little people who often have no respect or understanding at that age & just grab,shove there faces into a dogs personal space can be very overwhelming to a dog that has to make a choice in that moment ,at the end of the day there an animal .
This is often why breeders dont sell to people with young kids as management is so important & if pup is let down the rehab process is long & hard or the owners bail & dump the dog back with the breeder (which many prefer anyway but just would have preferred owners stepped up in the first place & communicating.
If this dog does have an issue please inform the breeder they may plan to breed again .
Your in a no win situation which is very sad for all 

Edited by Dogsfevr

If the behaviour is outright aggression, and that’s a big IF as none of us are qualified to judge nor can we see the behaviour ourselves, and we’re purely taking your words and perceptions at face value, I would do the following:

- seperate the dog from the child

- investigate a potential cause with a vet

Depending on the vet outcome, I’d possibly euthanise the dog.  

A dog exhibiting aggression, as you’ve perceived and described here, at such a young age should not be in society. 

Euthanasia is painless and quick. I know people hate the thought of killing dogs, but support it or not, it’s an option to end suffering, and to safeguard humans and other animals. 

5 hours ago, Powerlegs said:

Ouch coneye! That's full on. :eek: Despite her massive stuff-up she doesn't deserve to be ridiculed on a public forum. 

Belinda74, from a rescue perspective, there's lots of staffies on death row who wouldn't hurt a fly so a dog with rapidly escalating antisocial behaviour and a history of biting children is not even in the running. Let alone a huge liability issue for anyone who owns or rehomes her. 

You have 2 options and need to make a choice.

Sorry to rub salt in the wound but she's your dog and your responsibility. 

Was rather FULL ON was'nt it , and guess what ,  if it shakes this lady up to get rid of the dog and protect her child ,,  I've got broad shoulders i can handle critism ,,, but forget all  this take it to the vet , it may have anxiety problems ect ect , its all rubbish , the dog is a biter   and thats all there is too iit , the dog is a pup  which has ATTACKED  yes ATTACKED  a 3 year old ,  on numerous occasions ,, stuff all the    nice talk she should get rid of that dog yesterday  , she cannot control it ,, its a biter  ,   or she can play artsy fartys     good dog owner rubbish and leave it then  when its  at 12 -18 months old , if she's lucky  when it attacks her daughter at the age of 4  it will only give her face 2 or 3 stitches instead  of hundreds    or god forbid worse ,, , Nope the time for niceties with this lady are over she's continually put her own child at risk , because she's always wanted a staffy   she needs to get real and get rid YESTERDAY ..

Now with saying all that  i   not saying she should have it put down , because its quite possible the correct owner could handle it  perhaps give it away to someone with a lot of experience with dogs ,  then they can put it down if unsuccesful ,, ,, staffys she's always wanted one , well  i would say by and large there a great familly dog , basing that on  owning one for 14 years , a truly great familly dog  and a big suck ,,, ,,, a viscous dog can be turned around  i  was given a rotty   that had the same temperment , he was 10 month old , would bite everyone and everything , within 3 month  i had him he was a changed dog    still one to be watched carefully , but i did'nt allow him near  my grandkids  and other people unles i was there , just training and knowing his place  in the pack ,changed him  but  i and my wife could always control him ,, this lady CANNOT control a pup  that is a big worry  , she should'nt own a dog than can be reactive  , a gentle shitzu / maltese cross like i have now would be the dog for her .  . I may of been a bit strong , but this lady needs to be told some home truths , You don't keep a loaded gun on top of the tv around children , then act all suprised when  theres an accident  , you have to assume THERES GOING TO BE AN ACCIDENT  and remove it  ,, better safe than sorry has the expresion goes , and its only stupidity to think   i'll take the chance because   i've always wanted one ,, she needs to get rid , and go pay a good breeder  for one

Also another reason i chose to be stronger in my wording than most is simply because the lady , cannott handle  this dog , so advice about take it to the vets it may be hurting , keep the child away it may be startling the dog , is excatly what you would expect on a dog forum with absolute  dog lovers , but facts are  it does'nt matter , this lady is NEVER going to be able to handle a reactive dog no matter the age or breed regardless of wether its got a sore paw or an upset tummy ,  she just needs to get rid of a  danger in the house to her child . simple has that really ... Give it to a adult owner  who  maybee   can train it ,  and they will take it to the vets and check it out

Edited by coneye

Has the dog been to the vet previously for its vaccinations?  Did it bite the vet at the consult? 

At the very least it should be taken to the vet for a check up to see if there is anything medically wrong with the dog that may be causing the aggression.

• Like 1

@coneye all I mean is the topic is literally titled 'Scared' so she's already realised the situation is dire and I agree she isn't making good choices at the moment. I get where you're passionately coming from, you just could have put it more succinctly without the added jabs of her being an idiot. 

People come here for advice which is going to be varied, whether they take it or not is up to them.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, belinda74 said:

Oh wow. Thanks for that @coneye I’m just an idiot. That’s lovely. All I have done is ask for help here. 

I have implemented EVERYTHING that had been suggested in September. 

I have her crated now if she appears to need a nap.  I have made an appointment for her to go and see a vet this week. She has had all her shots when I got her and the vet checked her out. She was happy at the vets & is friendly 99.9% of the time. 

We have another dog who we have had since he was 10 weeks old. He is now 4.5 and he is a lovely dog who we have trained well. He is well behaved & obedient. We spent a lot of time training him, which we have also attempted to do with this puppy, once again, thanks for saying I shouldn’t own a dog. 

When I say it came “out of nowhere” what I mean is that normally she is a happy & friendly little girl. That is why I had to watch this several times. Initially I thought maybe she was just playing. My son wasn’t crying. He was laughing. He wasn’t aware what what happening but I had to watch to make SURE I wasn’t over reacting or mistaking play for something else. 

My husband was right there our son and he was never in danger. She is a very small pup - she still looks tiny. She could not seriously hurt him at this point due to her size & the fact my son is never left unsupervised around her. My worry is when she gets bigger & CAN really do damage.

Yes she is on super premium dog food before anyone asks. 

My child’s safety is my number one concern here & I am very upset that you would say I don’t deserve children. 

Now all I feel is very upset & judged for asking people on here for help. 

Don't worry about muppets like Coneye ,you only have to read there post to see they have no clue or knowledge to give just a Rant of stupidity and suggesting if you get a dog like his the world will be perfect .

No dog/breed is guaranteed which any dog savvy person knows..

Forums bring out the wonderful,weird,wacky.

What I would suggest is video the pup interacting ,seeing things in motion can be very educational.

If pup passes vet visit you truly need to decide and implement your plan .

Whether that be rehoming,rescue or what ever that is your choice .

And to be brutality honest the sooner the better .

Belinda also if you go to settings you will see Ignore user ,just type that person name in & they arent your problem 

Edited by Dogsfevr

I have just found this post and thought I’d put in my thoughts, this is a baby and if it is serious biting there is something very wrong, bull breeds  can be growly and mouthy when playing so are you sure it is aggression and not teething behaviour?

If this puppy has come from a house with young kids it may have been roughly handled and possibly injured which could explain a lot.

As others have suggested you need a thorough vet check and I would also advise you to take your puppy to a good Chiro incase there is something wrong that a vet isn’t likely to find.

If you can’t find an answer and it is serious biting I wouldn’t muck around I would seriously consider euthanising, I had to euthanise an eight month old pup a couple of months ago, was heartbreaking as I rescued her and her sisters from an abusive home where they were being starved, she became mouthy when over stimulated and ended up biting my 15 year old daughter on the face (she was a huge dog already) just missing her eye, she slept on my 6 year old daughters bed every night and was such a gorgeous girl but there was no way after an incident like that was she going to remain in my house or be passed on to anyone else.

1 hour ago, Dogsfevr said:

Don't worry about muppets like Coneye ,you only have to read there post to see they have no clue or knowledge to give just a Rant of stupidity and suggesting if you get a dog like his the world will be perfect .

No dog/breed is guaranteed which any dog savvy person knows..

Forums bring out the wonderful,weird,wacky.

What I would suggest is video the pup interacting ,seeing things in motion can be very educational.

If pup passes vet visit you truly need to decide and implement your plan .

Whether that be rehoming,rescue or what ever that is your choice .

And to be brutality honest the sooner the better .

Belinda ,, i now have your attention , so i will apolagise for calling you an idiot your correct , you came on looking for advice ,,, However  you came on months ago  , and are still seeking advice on what to do with a dog that attacked your toddler not once , not twice , not 3 times but 4 ,, WELL take my advice GET RID  you  may well have another dog  which is a great dog ,  BUT you have a PUP you cannot control or train  how do i know that because YOU TOLD US its attacked him 4 times  up to now and your worried it may do some damage when it gets older ,, well i can assure you  when it gets older IF and i know its an IF  it attacks it will do some damage , its a staffy they have  strong jaws yours is reactive , you obviously cannot train it to stop it because at 5-6 months it should'nt be doing it   you should of trained it not too   BUT it may be the dog  not you , does'nt matter , your putting your son and possibly others in a dangerous situation ,, do what you want its your dog and your son  but if you keep it and it does something nasty in 2 -3 or even 4 years time right out of the blue , just remember  what this muppet acording to  Dogs fever  told you ,,

Ok i may have been a bit stronger than i should off you appear to be a decent person , but honestly i feel you need to listen and listen carefully , forget listening to animal lovers who will virtually blame   you for not taking him to the vet , but rest assured them same people will blame you if something happens , Maybee take him  if  it gives you peice of mind , but the vets an adult who is looking at the dog not a child who startles him or in two years  and gets savaged ,   this dog at the very least needs firm  upbringing and sorry but the fact you have allowed it to attack your child FOUR TIMES tells us its not going to get it with you.

dogsfever  suggested i'm a muppet  and stupid for suggesting you need a dog like mine ,, well you do , mines a placid gentle dog , and from a good breeder you will get one just like mine  how do i know because i had a placid gentle staffy for 14 years ,  i think the difference with you and i  i also  took in a 10 month old Rotty which was to be honest viscous ,, but the correct training he was   not after 3 months of solid training and spending time with him i doubt you could control a dog like that you can't control your pup .

Now i do feel for you  ,  your obviosly a dog lover and  you said you always wanted a staffy , well go get one  just from a reputable breeder   but for heavens sake get rid of this one its just not worth the risk , Don;t listen to nutty people giving stupid advice , video him , what for ,, you've already seen and told us   what he's like you seen him attack your boy 4 times , loony  animal lovers who  only see good in the dogs and its all your fault are that ,just loony and like i said  ,  anything happens they will blame you  not the dog .   vets  like i said do it for peice of mind but i bet the dog  behaves and the vet says he's fine , well then ask the vet if he wants him  , ask the vet would he bring .

that dog up with his own kids , bet he won't

I say it again , you don't  have to put him down , , a new owner some one like myself with no kids at home  and  can train and control dogs may turn her into the perfect pet , for them ,, but sorry with a small child  she may turn out to be the perfect pet , but sometime they the dog and your child will be together ALONE  do you really want to take that chance ,,   up to you but this stupid muppett   says  she's had 4 chances and  thats too many ,,, Give her away go to a reputable breeder and buy a good one

Above poster , makes a point about is she just being mouthy ,   without knowing and seeing the dog its hard too know , But i'm basing all my posts on the sumise that its not just a case of being mouthy and in fact a case of biting and agression based on what your saying and  your being concerned enough to ask for advice , so   i stand by what i am saying ,, also makes me wonder being a backyard breeder , are you sure its a ful staffy , still does'nt matter , lets not read about it in the papers go get a nice placid gentle kid loving staffy   plenty out there i keep saying i've owned one and there famous for it , good luck with it ,,  and your not an idiot , but   you will feel like  one if something happens down the track

Edited by coneye

15 minutes ago, Rascalmyshadow said:

I have just found this post and thought I’d put in my thoughts, this is a baby and if it is serious biting there is something very wrong, bull breeds  can be growly and mouthy when playing so are you sure it is aggression and not teething behaviour?

If this puppy has come from a house with young kids it may have been roughly handled and possibly injured which could explain a lot.

As others have suggested you need a thorough vet check and I would also advise you to take your puppy to a good Chiro incase there is something wrong that a vet isn’t likely to find.

If you can’t find an answer and it is serious biting I wouldn’t muck around I would seriously consider euthanising, I had to euthanise an eight month old pup a couple of months ago, was heartbreaking as I rescued her and her sisters from an abusive home where they were being starved, she became mouthy when over stimulated and ended up biting my 15 year old daughter on the face (she was a huge dog already) just missing her eye, she slept on my 6 year old daughters bed every night and was such a gorgeous girl but there was no way after an incident like that was she going to remain in my house or be passed on to anyone else.

And i would of done excatly the same , WELL DONE

6 hours ago, Powerlegs said:

@coneye all I mean is the topic is literally titled 'Scared' so she's already realised the situation is dire and I agree she isn't making good choices at the moment. I get where you're passionately coming from, you just could have put it more succinctly without the added jabs of her being an idiot. 

People come here for advice which is going to be varied, whether they take it or not is up to them.  

hINDSIGHT PERHAPS I WAS A BIT STRONG WITH THE NAME CALLING SHOULD'NT REALLY BE CALLING PEOPLE IDIOTS ,, but  i reiterate  , and will do so till i'm blue in the face ,  you should'nt be bothered even asking for advice on what to do with a dog thats attacked your child FOUR TIMES

17 minutes ago, belinda74 said:

@coneye I am going to contact a few rescue organisations & the RSPCA tomorrow. I will give them ALL the facts & see if they are prepared to take her to rehome to an adult only home. 

I came on this forum for advice because I’ve never seen a puppy show aggressive behaviours like this before. I thought someone might be able to give me some advice. A last ditch effort perhaps. 

I know I can’t take the risk with her being here. There are too many red flags & if I ignore them and something happens then I will never forgive myself. He’s just a little boy & ultimately it’s up to me to protect him.

Well DONE  , sorry for  coming on so strong  especielly uncalled for name calling ,, I suspect that you really are attached to this dog  but your child comes first ,, and like i said a dozen times staffys are renowned for being good with kids ,   i'm sure theres breeders on here who can help you source one , at least you have been honest and not glossed it all over ,  ,   but facts are facts , dogs are animals , people are people , and just like occasionaly  in the human race we get some who are to put it bluntly   dangerous nutcases ,   who just need a trigger to set them off ,, we get it in dogs has well ,

• DeletedUser changed the title to Deleted
  • Troy locked this topic