Hobbes Is Getting Better

ricey

Hi all

Hobbes has not been a well dog since Christmas. He has/had very severe constipation and hasn't been able to crap under his own power for 6 days.

Probably his christmas present, combined with not getting his usual 5 km walk on Christmas day and boxing day, were the reasons for this.

Here is a picture or two of the boy with his christmas prezzie.

100_7938.jpg

100_7939.jpg

After 3 enemas under general anaesthetic and 4 or 5 'normal' enemas (if there is such a thing :laugh: ), the vet reports that things are moving. :thumbsup:

Actually, from the way that the vet described it the "thumbs up" emoticon is probably not appropriate; more like "wrist and forearm, up to the elbow" :laugh:

Dogs! I love 'em ;)

Peter D

Hi all

Hobbes is back :laugh:

He went into the vet weighing 27kg (2kg over his normal weight), and came out today weighing 25kg :eek:

My wallet has lost a bit of weight too; to the tune of nearly $1,400 ;)

But he's worth every cent and more.

Pet ownership does cost an arm and a leg at times; anyone who thinks that purchase price is the big investment is going to get a rude awakening :D

I'm just so glad that he's back :rofl:

Peter d

hi pete

good to hear hobbes is ok , next time we meet i will give you my vets contact numbers , he looks after Chloe and he even goes to lectures to learn more about wobblers , so he is a goodun , my sis is a vet nurse and has been for over 30 years ,so i will run it by her if an emergency occurs it could be ok to call her and pass her number on . just happy to see hobbes safe mate , he is a great dog

regards dave

bloody hell Ricey!

Hobbes sure gave you a scare and himself an experience i am sure he would rather have done without. So glad he is now 2kg lighter ( pity about the cost per kg tho)

Give the lad a suitable greeting from me.

God i miss having a bully breed around.