Ollie Dog

Staffyluv

Guest Clover

Just checking in. Glad to hear the boy is doing well Jodie. Ollie and your family are often in my thoughts... he is a gorgeous boy (What Stafford isn't :rofl: ).

Lots of :eek:.

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks all...

If only we could cure the rear end smells... :eek:

I have just introduced Inner Health Plus tablets hoping that some good gut bugs might do him some good...

I had some friends over last night who have not seen him in ages and they were totally amazed at how well he looks... He was jumping all over the place and barking to get attention for the first few minutes, then he settles down on someones foot (he does it everytimes someone comes now - I think he thinks they are visiting him)...

His head and face was losing condition - you could see the boney bump on top of his head and his cheeks had thinned out but in the last week or so even this has improved... It just makes my heart sing when he is well...

I will take some more pics of the boofer over the weekend and put them up so you can all see how well he is.

Cheers

Jodie and Ollie dog

• 4 weeks later...

We had a trip to the vets today because the lad has been limping a lot on his front right leg and his back legs have been going from under him a bit (not a lot) - it is just like he sits down but did not want to...

The vet was surprised at how well he looked :laugh:

But was concerned that he has lost so much muscle from his back legs (the rump area)...

After lots of talking and playing, it was decided to that we would try some Sashas Blend and see how that goes (he is already on fish oil) because the vet thinks he has a bit of arthritis...

Unfortunately there are no conventional medicines that we can use for Ollie because of the cancer he has and the other meds he is on. I don't mind, I really did not want to subject him to more drugs anyway...

I have to go to a meeting tonight but the boys are going to give him a nice warm shower and a blow dry and when I come home (a good excuse to leave early), I am going to give him a massage - the vet thinks that massage will help...

I might have a look at acupuncture as well...

Cheers

Jodie and Ollie dog

I am glad to hear that Ollie is still going well Jodie - Give him a big hug from me :rofl:

Bosco wants to give him a lick too.... He is trying to tell me that by sitting on my lap as I try to type :laugh:

I hope that the new treatment and the massages help out a bit with the old fellas hind legs - you know, I am going to have to meet him one day!

Jodie,

Interesting that you mentionthat Ollie is getting weakness in the hind quarters...Lucinda has become very weak and staggery. sits unexpectedly. she is also very very frail now.... nothing but skin and bone.. I feed her withthe bowl well elevated now - otherwise she falls over diving for a bite. But she has a huge appetite and just yesterday tried to do the dominant bitch routine with one of the other girls.. god bless Gina she allowed Lucinda to think she is top bitch.

will be giving the lass homeopathic "laschesis" again tomorrow.

hugs to both you and Ollie dog

Helen

spelling again sigh

Edited by dogbesotted

Guest Clover

Thankyou so much for the update Jodie :laugh:, i have been wondering how your boy was doing. Good vibes on the way that the Sasha's Blend and the warm showers/ massages give Ollie dog some relief.

Lots of gentle :rofl: coming the handsome boys way, and for Mum too.

Edited by Clover

Ooh, a warm shower and blow-dry sounds great. Can I come over, too? :laugh:

I'm so glad to hear that Ollie dog is still defying the odds and enjoying life to the full. Perhaps he's a little too full, given his gas problem :rofl: I can picture that waggy tail, letting you all know that he's a fighter :rofl:

Thanks you all for the well wishes... We really appreciate it...

I will take some new pics on the weekend and post some up then...

Helen, I honestly don't think it is arthritis (but I am not a vet)... My first thought was that the cancer is back and it has spread - I just did not want to admit that... Give the lovely Lucinda a big hug from us, bless her, she has so much fight in her - you must be so proud of her and the way she has fought this dreaded disease...

The boys were slack and did not give him his shower and blow dry, so I will do it tomorrow afternoon for him...

The vet also suggested shortening his walk in the morning but taking him on two or three smaller walks of about 15 minutes each... So I think I will try that for the rest of the week and see how he goes...

Cheers

Jodie

Jodie..i really dont think it is arthritis or either Ollie or lucinda. Lucinda is loosing muscle mass and i beleive it is due to the cancer. However madam is as hungry as and eating huge measl with relish! Bless her she even still thinks she is top[ bitch..luckily the other defer to her and are very patient with her antics.

Hugs to ollie dog

H

He did enjoy his shower and he does not leave the bathroom until the blow dryer comes out to dry him...

No I did not get any pics yet but I promise I will on the weekend... I might give him another shower and take some in there...

I was looking at some older pics that I have of him and you can really see how small/grey/old he is now compared to the older ones...

Bless him, I believe he fights this disease so hard just for me - I think we would be very lost without each other...

Jodie

• 3 weeks later...

Lucinda is so frail and her backlegs and front legs dont always want to go in the same direction...BUT other than that and she is loosing so much muscle and her fur has become very patchy and her teeth are breaking.....she is in herself quite good. going through a second puppy hood, play bows to the other dogs, leaps about and is interested in what is going on around her and eats like it is going out of fashion HUGE meals with relish.

Her brother Oscar is holding his own and Guiness McGuinness is doing ok altho the tumour on his gum/jaw has regrown.

The rest of the mob are good. fat Ange had a couple of lumps removed last month and has recovered well..did not have them biopsied. Lucky is becomming so full of his own importance that it is amusing to watch him scurrying about supervising. Mags is good, Angel adoreable but missing Steve. Gina and gracie are full of beans and Dennys Dog remains as ever DD... full of exuberance and bad manners but I love him just as he is.

Cheers

Helen