Hydobath And Dryer

Norskgra

I know these have been done before but my pc is playing up and not letting me do a search.

With all the extra hours I have been doing with work with added penalty rates, I have been thinking of finally buying a hydrobath and dryer with the extra money I am making. I am currently working a 13 day fortnight and there is no sign of it letting up.

The hydrobath will make it a lot easier than trying to wash the dogs in either the big laundry tub or having to have a shower with them.

The dryer will definately come in handy especially when the Elkies blow their coat. The dryer I have been using is not powerful enough.

I was after some recommendations on what would be the best hydrobath and dryer to get for my Elkies, Afghan and soon to be Hamilton.

We have a twin tank Conmurra designed bath, which allows us to put the shampoo in one tank and fresh water in the other for rinsing.

Our dryer was made in the US dont know if avail here but understand the Double K Air max avail from clipperworld who advertise on here are quite popular.

Here is a previous thread on hydrobaths

http://forums.dogzonline.com.au/index.php?...st&p=974187

And on dryers

http://forums.dogzonline.com.au/index.php?...t&p=1443309

I just bought a second hand one about 10 years ago and it gets used once sometimes twice a week sits out in the sun and never misses a beat, I dont see the sense in paying heaps when you can pick up 2nd hand ones for a couple of hundred.

My friend that has 12 labs has an original old dark blue greyhound tub with the door in the side she bought for about 50 bucks, all labs get washed in it and it is still going strong.

When it comes to dryers we have a few ,1 for the setters coats(some are just to powerful & i fined they dry the coats to quickly & leave them hard looking plus the extreme power is a nightmare & tangles so i prefer a nice moderate dryer that gives me the finishing touches)>for grooming & other coats we have the oldfield cyclinder which removes dead coats etc & the power is what you want then

I have a conmurra hydrobath too but I have wondered about the ones sold here

http://www.thebarfshop.com/shop/product_in...;products_id=36

They seem to have overcome the issue the conmurra one has with soap getting into the rinse water. I always feel I have to have final rinse water to make sure all the soap is out of the coat

Edited by cowanbree

I have a conmurra hydrobath too but I have wondered about the ones sold here

http://www.thebarfshop.com/shop/product_in...;products_id=36

They seem to have overcome the issue the conmurra one has with soap getting into the rinse water. I always feel I have to have final rinse water to make sure all the soap is out of the coat

I have concerns about a hydrobath made from plastic. It is obviously cheaper to manufacture than fibreglass but plastic will break down in time when subjected to high temperature. As there is a 2000W heating element involved there is not a lot of margin between the temperature the element could reach and the plastic being damaged or destroyed. I am not aware of plastic being used for hydrobaths any where else in the world. Does anyone know of one???

Ive got a conmurra auto fill model hydrobath.

Ive had it for a few years now and I love it.

I think Conmurra have been taken over by Hydrobaths Australia, so Im not sure if they're all still made the same, etc

If they are the same, I think they're a great bath and Id recommend them.

Edited by wagsalot

• 3 months later...

I have just been doing some research on hydrobaths myself. I have looked at fidos, conmurra who is now hydrobaths australia and The Barf Shop.

My personal preference after checking them all out is conmurras by a long shot.

The baths are really well made, the owner Jose was only to happy to take me around the factory and show me how things were done, believe me he doesn't take any short cuts and takes pride in what he is producing - only the best parts are used and these baths are built to last.

When I was doing my research I also spoke to many groomers and they ALL recommended the conmurra baths.

I have put my order in for my custom made purple bath and I can't wait to recieve it. The conmurra bath is particulaly good for dogs with thick coats (I have Malamutes) because the wash & rinse tanks hold heaps of water .. 30 litres to the wash tank which is awesome the barf shop models wash tank only holds 10 litres.

So anyway for a hydrobath I say Conmurra or as they are now known Hydrobaths Australia all the way :thumbsup: their website is www.hydrobaths.com.au.

As for a dryer I also did my research on these and the two that the professional groomers where recommending where the double K Airmax (which is the one that I have bought) and the ezycoat 2 speed cylinder model.

Hydrobaths Australia currently recommend and sell the ezycoat dryer with their hydrobaths if you require one but he is looking at the double K dryers now as he has had really good reports on them.

I don't think you could go wrong with either of these two.

Good luck with your purchase whatever you decide and you'll have to get back and let us all know what you decided on in the end

Cheers :(

Witchy Woman

I have had one of the BARFShop hydrobaths for over 2 years and I love it. It lives outside (with a BBQ cover over it) and it has absolutely NO sign of wear or stress or of the moulding breaking down. It is pretty much as good as the day I bought it. And that is with regular use washing some rather large and heavy Pyrenean Mountain Dogs.

The thing to remember is that not all 'plastics' are the same. This is an industrial polymer and is incredibly strong and durable. The sides are quite thick and to my mind are much more stable than the fibreglass (certainly my old fibreglass one was never this good).

I also liked the fact that I got more for my money. I have the twin tub deluxe with trolley - I couln't have afforded all the extras it has if I gor a fibreglass one. I am short and I can reach easily into the bath even with the trolley which is fantastic. And it easily fits even my largest dogs. Can you tell I like this bath a lot? :thumbsup:

As for dryers, with double coated breed I think you will find that the more power you have the better. The stronger it blows, the easier your job. Not sure though that you need that for an Affie? If you need less force to dry the Affie I would be looking for a dryer that has variable speed. I have an Ezycoat 2 speed which I love. It is a real workhorse.

Edited by espinay2

Espinay2 - I'm actually looking at that particular hydrobath from the barfshop at the moment! at least i think it's that one...but it's 'promotion' at the moment is that it comes with a free ramp :rofl: Must admit i'm glad to hear a Dol'ers recommendation on it :D before i order it :D

Espinay2 - I'm actually looking at that particular hydrobath from the barfshop at the moment! at least i think it's that one...but it's 'promotion' at the moment is that it comes with a free ramp :rofl: Must admit i'm glad to hear a Dol'ers recommendation on it :D before i order it :D

Wish I got a free ramp!! That's a great deal. I have that hydrobath. Its good....but my door leaks like a sieve.

I'm also looking at those two brands of Hydros, but am also looking at Perfect Paws, has anyone ordered one from them? I think I am leaning towards Barf, but the Hydrobaths Australia also offers the opportunity to lease the equiptment. Would never deliberate this much over picking my own bath.

I'm also looking at those two brands of Hydros, but am also looking at Perfect Paws, has anyone ordered one from them? I think I am leaning towards Barf, but the Hydrobaths Australia also offers the opportunity to lease the equiptment. Would never deliberate this much over picking my own bath.

I would go for the Hydrobaths Australia fibreglass bath as I still have reservations about the plastic construction. Spa baths made for human use are made from fiberglass not plastic as there is a hygiene issue with the surface of plastic baths scratching and this allows bacteria etc to build up. Also the surface finish will deteriorate as it is softer than fiberglass.

Plastic is a cheaper material and manufactures would use it over fibreglass if it were superior.

I would go for the Hydrobaths Australia fibreglass bath as I still have reservations about the plastic construction. Spa baths made for human use are made from fiberglass not plastic as there is a hygiene issue with the surface of plastic baths scratching and this allows bacteria etc to build up. Also the surface finish will deteriorate as it is softer than fiberglass.

Plastic is a cheaper material and manufactures would use it over fibreglass if it were superior.

Yep definately the Hydrobaths Australia model they are superior .... The owner of Perfect Paws is the new owner of Hydrobaths Australia and he bought the company because of the good name "Conmurra Hydrobaths" have had in the industry. The baths aren't cheap but will last a lifetime.

The concerns that I have with the barf shop baths are that the pump and all the plumbing are open to the elements, rodents and creepy crawlies.

At least the fibreglass baths are completely sealed units and also a little birdy told me that they don't think that they are earthing the wiring in their baths which could be particularly dangerous. I think what it comes down to in the long run is what YOU can afford and you get what you pay for. If you can't quite afford the Hydrobaths Australia bath right now I think it is worth the wait to save your pennies.